How many copies per issue does Archie sell...

How many copies per issue does Archie sell? How is this like the only American non cape shit comic that has been selling since the 40s? Even Patsy Walker had to become Hellcat

Because they sell in grocery stores.

Who is buying them?

Old people who grew up with it, then they give it to their nieces and nephews and grandchildren etc, and those kids grow up to buy it for their nieces and nephews etc.

>mfw my mom watched several episodes of riverdale because her friend said it was good before she realized that it was Archie, which she remembered all the characters and how they acted from the cartoon I guess?

who are you quoting

I bet she was pissed. I'm only a casual fan of the comics and I was livid at what they did to Betty, Veronica, and Moose in particular.

She seemed most upset that jughead wasn't a dumb fuck

I guess she's fine with Punished Archie?

Jughead is known in Mexico as "Torombolo."

I don't think she thought any of the characters were true to the cartoon, but that Jughead was the one most different. She thought the Betty and Veronica kiss was dumb

>and Moose in particular.
What did they do to Moose?

Negro I'm pissed that Reggie has done shit all

They made him a queer

Can confirm, when I was little my Dad he used to buy me an Archie digest every time we went to the grocery store that sold them. He even named me after one of the characters.

Archie digest sales are down unfortunately. They've gotten more presence in comic book stores, but those sales don't make up for the decline of digests in grocery stores, etc.

Archie has done "cape shit" but nobody has ever really cared.

Archie is a very small publisher with money issues, which is why they can't deliver on their comics coming out on a regular basis like Sabrina or Afterlife with Archie.

What a shame.

AwA and CAoS are two of the best comics out right now period. It's such a shame that Archie is so poorly managed. I figured with the money flowing in from the licensing deal with the CW, things would be better. Still gonna pick up that horror anthology that's coming out this month though, and Vampironica will be on my pull list.

I hope it comes out on a regular basis and Archie gets their other books coming out regularly too. Hard to build a readership when issues come out 1-2 times a year.

I'm also interested if it's more like classic Vampirella, "cheesecake" stuff, unlike recent Vampirella where she wears pants and other boring stuff.

My older sister got me into Archie, she would buy them at grocery stores in the 80s and 90s.

I continue to buy them for myswlf, both the digests and the Mark Waid relaunch. I have a rather large comic book collection but if I had to pick ine character to reqd the rest of my life it would be Arch and the gang. Most pre-90s stuff us gold (let's forget New Archies ever happened)

Sup Flutesnoot

I started with them in the 70's, my uncle had a large collection that he grew out of, so I got to take whatever I wanted home when I visited my grandparents.

I also grew out of Archie and got rid of all my digests. Once they did the Archie wedding it got my interested and I started getting the comics and digests again.

Archie up to the 90's is almost all gold. After that the stories have lost some humor and they did too many "insert progressive character here" things. I've liked the "relaunch" stuff for comic book stores mostly.

Their digest prices have raced up lately, they need to get that under control. They do have a bunch of "Best of" TPB's that are awesome for the low price.

Made him a literal closeted fag who propositions Kevin the first episode.

That pisses me off too. And the race and personality switches of Josie & the Pussycats. And I'm preemptively pissed about what they're going to do with Sabrina in her spinoff.

Archie is a guilty pleasure of mine for when I get burnt out on capeshit.

Hope they get their act together.

>How is this like the only American non cape shit comic that has been selling since the 40s?
Comfy reading for all ages.

Is this for real?

what the actual fuck