Sup Forums franchises better suited to other media

Let's face it, as long as Hasbro keeps trying to revive G.I. Joe as a cartoon or movie, it will never be as successful(or good) as it could be. As a video game though? Shit, it would be the tops.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l0vfKYQBPqg
youtu.be/R2daLy7L4Aw
youtu.be/lc2XK84hhJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why can't it be both? There's no good reason not to have cartoons, comics and movies as well.

Because G.I. Joe consistently fails at being a successful cartoon, comics too. Military stuff just isn't welcome in those mediums, but video games are all about that shit.

Of course, but I think the point of OP's thread is to assign something Sup Forums-related to another franchise it would be better suited for.

Taking GI Joe to a video game makes sense considering the nature of the show; it's work very well as a sort of loosely sci-fi military fps(it doesn't have to be that, but just as an example).
In fact, I think if there was a really good Joe game, it would actually inspire a direction for the toys/movies/cartoons/comics. The comics seems to be okay on their own, but all the other mediums Joe uses for story and merch could use a focused, confident direction.

G.I. Joe squad based shootan RPG where you play a officer whose background you can decide who leads a squad of donut steel joes in missions.

Who is the hottest female Joe character? post pics

But the FPS genre, which Joe is best suited to, is saturated to the point that Joe would utterly fail to carve out an area.

because we want the game to be good user

Lady Jaye

I think the last thing they tried was some mobile game shit.

Give G.I. Joe to Platinum Games.

It worked for Transformers, I bet they can make it work.

>not X-COM
Faggot.

Hey. Listen. I'd love JOE-COM. But what do you think's more likely they'd go for if they decided to reinvent Joe as a viddy game franchise - a strategy game or a big-money FPS?

>EVERYTHING SHOULD BE MADE BY PLATINUM GAMES!!!!!!!!
Can this meme please just fuck off already? Platinum makes hack and slash action games. They have their niche, and it's best for everyone if they stick to it.

Y'know, considering the two recent X-COM game were quite successful, it seems like you're being needlessly pessimistic.

Besides, a Joe game should be a squad based TPS.

I would play the shit out of a game that was like MGS Peace Walker - but with GI Joe characters (over the shoulder shooter, gadgets, emphasis on capturing characters/equipment, ridiculous military/espionage intrigue)

But with a collectible bent - Scan a QR code on the figure (or whatever) to be able to import/unlock it in-game.

Skylanders, Infinity and that Lego thing are already doing this and it's making infinity dollars.

WTF Hasbro? Get on this. Do you hate money?

Renegades was great, which proves it can be a good cartoon. The movies need to be more like the original, however

It's weird that Hasbro, an old school toy company, has yet to jump on the whole Skylanders/Amiibo thing. Like, why? It's not even a shitty business practice, so it's not like anybody would yell at them. I don't understand you, Hasbro.

It's run by dummies who can't do anything right.

The 1980s cartoon was a huge success, Sigma Six and even GI Joe Extreme both ran for two seasons.

People who saw Renegades liked it, but it seems not that enough people were watching The Hub. Hasbro also made mistakes with the Renegades toys, mixing them into a line aimed at older collectors, rather than making them a distinct and separate thing.

Renegades was canned because the show did not really matchup with were the live-action sequel started/was going.

They fucked up with tmnt, which should have been a slam dunk.

Go emulate the arcade game, it's fun.

They would make probably make a MOBA rather than fps

A big part of the appeal of the toys was the vehicles. A game should reflect that. I haven't played the new ones, but maybe something similar to the old Star Wars Battlefront games, allowing you to play as named characters or field larger numbers of grunt troops, and fight on foot or in vehicles.

Bump

The original comic is one of the best Marvel comics of all time, what are you talking about?

Quality=/=Success

Pretty sure they were successful

Hell, they were the first comics to get commercials.

Give me Side-Scrolling beat-'em-up or give me death.

All Jaye, erry day

Scarlett,cant be arsed to post pics,google senpai.

At it's peak, GI Joe was one of Marvel's best-selling comics in the 1980s.

Hack and Slash game starting Snake Eyes.

There.

You will never be able to recreate the success of the 1980s GI Joe because the US isn't fighting a cold war against communism anymore and the millennials think poorly of the military now.

Check out the NES games, theres 2 of em.

>Go emulate the arcade game, it's fun.

that game is and will always be absolute shit.

Loved the music from the second one.

they should do an isometric tactical game like the Commandos series from back in the day. maybe with some fallout 1 type fanciful shit and a low key VAT type of system.

>The Far-Left has won the Culture War, this is a permanent victory, we have reached The End of History and nothing will ever change

You'll never get a big, successful GI Joe relaunch with that attitude. The audience is there, you just have to aim it at them and ignore critics, rather than hiring an actual communist to write the comics, or redesigning the characters in an attempt to appeal to Tumblrs who will never read it anyway.

youtu.be/l0vfKYQBPqg

youtu.be/R2daLy7L4Aw

youtu.be/lc2XK84hhJ8

That's why Renegades made Cobra into a corrupt, multinational corporate organization and the Joes wanted fugitives running around the country like the A-Team trying to expose Cobra and clear their names. It was awesome.

On the subject of Joe games. Does anyone know if there's a story behind Renegade Ops? Because it is CLEARLY a GI Joe game that must have been cancelled or lost it's license part way through development. With Avalanche Studios doing a quick art swap and releasing it as its own thing,

Yeah commies are the last people that should be writing G.I. Joe.