Storytime

Black Bolt #9

Blackagar's wild adventures

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/948625834427994113
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They should bring back side kicks. It seems like a better way to introduce legacy/new characters.

Black Bolt would later file a restraining order against all red heads

oh blinky don't promise things future writers won't acknowledge

Can Saladin get Thor ongoing next? Because that was a pretty good Thor. His Cap was sweet, too.

And man, I'm going to miss this series.

>cucked out of his new daughtee
Cuckbolt lives up to his legacy

He’s going to fuck Titania. Right?

I feel like there is a ban on using or mentioning Masterson. Dubbed "Sparky the Lightning Kid" by Crusher Creel.

How is that getting cucked? She got kidnapped.

I hope he fucks Titania, she's waaaaay better than Medusa and she's not a redheaded mutant and she's waifu material.

I’m just wondering where Judgement Day is going to fit in this run.

>Absolutely. You can read Royals, Judgement Day and Black Bolt and enjoy them on their own, but there is going to be some really nice moments of continuity between Judgement Day and Black Bolt #10. Judgement Day kind of takes place simultaneously with issue #10 although it comes out right before. Al and I got to sit down at New York Comic Con and put our heads together about these stories to give them a richer back and forth.

I can't fucking believe that the one time I've gotten emotional in YEARS of Marvel killing characters off left and right, it was over the fucking Absorbing Man.

True love!

Isn't Black Bolt a super skilled martial artist who would basically *teleport behind you* in situations like this one, even without powers?

Now these are feels I didn't know I'd feel, Creel's demise felt too cliché for me to really get sad but this is good. Shame that the last we saw of their relationships prior to this was that Illuminati mini

He isn't trying to hurt her. When Iron Fist wants to talk with somebody he doesn't hit them with his dragon fist first.

He doesn't want to beat her up, notice he pushed her back rather actually punching her.

Thanks senpai

>Isn't Black Bolt a super skilled martial artist who would basically *teleport behind you* in situations like this one, even without powers?
You want him to kill her? I’m sure he didn’t want to look hostile. At least that’s the only explaination I can think of.

>why isn't he dodging instead of getting hammered?
>duhhhh he's trying not to hurt her
Real smart today Sup Forums
Bravo

He IS dodging and blocking. She gets one hit in and it's a fucking headbutt.

>brought to tears over Crusher Creel's funeral
This book is too good for us.

I would complain about showing up to a funeral in silly costumes but it was well done and emotional so I’ll shut up.

Titania also said that she asked them to come in costumes.
That's why she is in low cut dress. That's what Carl would want.

True but still looks silly as fuck. Besides I mostly want to see how Ward draws Black Bolt’s face without the mask.

>Black Bolt
>not wearing his costume everywhere
He got married in that shit

the villain hero-death is more powerful that the death of a hero who you know is gonna be revived in a few months

My heart.

>He’s going to fuck Titania. Right?
Her husband just died, asshole!

I've said this before, BB solo book has been the best thing coming out of the inhuman push and i hope Medusa doesn't show up to pollute the storyline.

She isn't. The plotline with her will be in Judgement Day oneshot.

And after that?

I doubt the book is going to make it to issue 18. And issue 12 solicit sounds like finale.
Don't read solicits, BTW. They are spoilerific as fuck.

I've seen them and my fear is that she is gonna show up in the last issues.

solits for 12 aren't out, only up to 11. Depends on the TPB sales but BB getting tons of love from critics will work in its favor. They throwing vision around like crazy when the reviews came in and literally only cancelled it because King left for DC.

Carl was a lucky man

Nice to see the Wrecking Crew in a role other than disposable punching bags. They have a long history with Creel and Titania so it makes sense that they'd be friends and thus go to his funeral.

Haha nice. I love forced cursing and then censoring it. Fuck this sand monkey writer.

Good issue. I hate that the cover is fake news but it made up for it with heart.

Ward's art is weird, it made Titania look awful at times but again the story covered for it.

I enjoyed the hat tip to Creel from Thor and Cap's apology as well. Just a well written, emotional piece.

I'm all about Lash coming in too. Crashing a funeral is some supreme scumbag shit, I love when villains actually do villainous things and for a good reason.

>Cover and solicit makes it look like Black Bolt will fight Captain America because he stupidly blames him for Captain Hydra's actions
>Instead, Captain America has a calm conversation with Black Bolt and goes to the Absorbing Man's funeral

thanks for saving my time.

She’ll be dead hopefully

Writers are still trying to make Lash a thing?

There really aren't any other Inhuman enemies they could use but black Akuma?

Who else to use? I think the editorials give the writers a list of characters to choose and Lash is the pure scum type for the job.

>implying black bolt won’t comfort the loss of her husband by going balls deep in her.
>tfw blinky will watch them and enjoy every second of it

I doubt BB smash Titania, that would be some bullshit. Creel and Blackagar have bro code, Titania should be off limits.

As much as it hurts I can see it ending at 12 since the floppy sales are terrible and Saladin seems to have moved on to a new Marvel project (non BB related).

What worries me is that will Marvel ever use BB again is any team books or as a guest character or some shit? With how poorly recieved the Inhumans are now is it possible that this will be the last of him?

Nah. Black Bolt is important enough to stay no matter what. Medusa is doomed though.

>Medusa is doomed though.
Good. I was filled with joy when gorgon died. this bitch is next.

I just hope that BB and Medusa don't go back to the status quo of being together in the end, after the shit they have done in Royals Blackbolt just needs to find someone else, otherwise is just lack of self respect on blackbolt behalf.

Ewing seems set on ending it

I would honestly buy a book about Black Bolt having to communicate with Medusa through Luigi board.

Sonofawhore.

That is what Charles Soule did in UI and yet in the end he also went back to the established status quo.

Based Ewing

>Soule
Yes, but he sucks. He sucks so much that Lemire quit Marvel after working with him.

One more thing calling the Medusa gorgon relationship interesting, I have a lot words to characterize that forced drama, but interesting is the last thing that I would call.

Why don’t fags realize Ewing purposely made Medusa into a cheating whore so there would be base ground for when Black Bolt dumps her ass. Quit whining.

Marvel likes Soule because he can write a lot of titles at the same time, but he and ewing turned Medusa in one of the most obnoxious characters that I have seen in a long time. In bb solo we have seen character development not only from the title character but also from Creel, on the Medusa side her character development relates in controversials relationships that ad nothing to the plot.

And in the process destroyed her character completely and alienate inhumans fans. it was a suicide move that drove royals to the cancellation.

>caring about Medusa
Son, she was always terrible alongside other inhumans.
Good riddance

What bothers me is that Marvel could have done something good to her in the push and yet they choose not to. It feels like the editorial and the writing staff wanted the inhumans to fail and they actually succeed it. For me if it wasn't bb book i would want the inhumans to reboot and reverse to their pre-infinity status.

Yeah it was so dumb, medusa literally joins Crystal in being the MU's slut. Like atleast Crystal had the excuse of being dicked around by Maximus mind control along with Quicksilver.
What excuse does Medusa have? Ewing made it clear Maximus wasn't influencing jack shit.

I actually like what Ewing is doing with her. She was irredeemable ever since AXIS.
And now Ewing and Priest are calling her out.

it's exiles twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/948625834427994113

Priest continuously shitting on Medusa throughout OaFK was highlight of the run.

It's a really weird way that they are calling her out at least from ewing side because on the royals book she is never wrong and every fault is on BB side even through is not on the book is the most constant presence, if you want to put her in another relationship don't do it at the expense of her ex-husband. Another thing in soule inhumans bb is referred as the ex-husband, and now in royals is husband for the appearances and then in BB solo book Medusa is referred has the ex-wife, that is some A-class shit of editorial coeherence.

I loved the subtle implication about Ahura. And Maximus's obsession with Medusa being 100% her fault is cool too.

Yes and the cherry on top was when Black Bolt gave a big fuck to everyone in the end.

He's in love with her. She isn't, because she's a whore. I don't see the issue here really.
A man chasing after the most toxic woman in his life is a classic story.

>it was a suicide move that drove royals to the cancellation.
I always thought Royals was going to be a 12 issue with Judgement Day being the finale.

If the idea of Ahura is being retconned has Maximus son that would put the final nail on her character coffin but i wouldn't be surprised if they did it.

I hope it becomes canon that Ahura is Maximus's son. The shitstorm will be glorious.
Although isn't it kind of obvious though? They have the same powers.

Except they don't. Ahura literally had Black Bolt's powers at bird and weird eye shit after that and ghost powers now

It's been implied in Silent War, just never expanded upon.

Well nevermind then I was thinking of something else.
I still hope he's maximus' son

I hope not because that is some lazy shit soap opera plotline, and the powers of ahura currently contradict that.

How was it implied at all?

Dude. Duuuuude.

>NOT drawn by Gurihiru
what's the point