Batman and the Signal #1 Storytime

Will it be gud?

Is “The signal” a meme name?

At least he has the decency to admit all the good names are taken on the first page.

I'm already getting Static Shock vibes from this.

Ha Ha time for shit.

Really like this art

Acknowledging Duke is a shit character doesn't make him any less of a shit character.

This garbage needs to be canceled, and this shit character retconned.

>This garbage needs to be canceled
Nigga it is a three-issue mini.

edgy

>His super power is envisioning a target on a guys neck

I'm willing to bet you could punch everybody in the neck and it would work 99% of the time

>little kid shit drawings featuring Batman Robin and Snyder’s other shit OC donut steel
Probably still butthurt Harper wasn’t allowed to be nightwing

tim drake could never

first time his power makes sense, and it's actually cool.

More like Batman and the nigger

annnnnnd saved for the next time someone rants about Marvel civilians being stupid.

how long till twitter complains about the artist drawing Iz light skinned?

I like Duke. Fuck the haters.

Guaranteed that place is more bugged than a dirt cheap motel room.

Well yeah that's why he mentions that thing about Batman saying "just punch them in the face". It's to highlight he's not very good at this yet and as a sort of joke about Batman (master planner genius who uses the plan face punching more often than not.)

This was neat. Kinda wish it was an ongoing to help bring in the other New Age of Heroes comics, but I liked this.

The credits page has some neat stuff. Seems like this was a Marvel Method comic, which is probably why it flows pretty well; and it's not a Batbook.

This wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. Pretty decent.

Yeah, Cullly Hammer said the writer just gave her a paragraph of what happens on each page and he did the rest himself. They added dialogue in afterwards. I find that to be cool if it leads to results like this

I like it. The art is pretty good, the story seems promising, and the costume looks nice.

Hay, that was actually nice and Duke has finally a personality, who would have guessed!

I thought Duke is gonna get it on with Gotham Girl

Im honestly surprised the WAR kids haven't been totally forgotten about.

So Bruce is bankrolling Dick's Nightwing stuff, Babs's Batgirl and Birds of Prey stuff, Jason's Outsider stuff, Damian's both Titan and Super Son stuff, and now Duke's new stuff? Geez

So far I like it. But what exactly is Duke's power?

This is Duke's story and Snyder's baby, of course WAR is still canon

nigger ?

It shows. Duke works better when he isn't been managed by Snyder. I liked him on WAR

Wonder if all this dial talk will end up relating to the Dial H one. Given this is a Metal spin off and that event has a lot relating to obscurer parts of the DCU I think its a safe bet.

For a moment I thought Harper had lost her arm.

Batman and "Black Lives Matter"

This scene is bizarre. Why are they all sat around eating a prepared meal in costume? Why aren't there enough places for everyone? How come Duke got to sit at the head of the table? And most importantly how do Cass, Jason and Blackwing get the food to their mouths?

>"That's why we only get 3 issues out, so that if it tanks, we don't need to say we cancelled an on-going"

>"Stay with me for 3 issues guys, p-please"

>So far I like it. But what exactly is Duke's power?

Super detective.
Quite literally, he can see what happened in the past in form of light and he can see the weak points of his foes
Basically Batman but without effort

I think it's in Duke's mind in reference to the Batfamily being bloated

Well, considering that the table miss Steph and Azreal and the fact that Bluebird and Flamebird were teased to come back in action i'd say yes Duke, there are enough.

That's an intense imagination on him. I like the implication that he subconsciously relegates Tim the the less important members.

If his power is light and thus sight based, I can accept that Duke has an active imagination
Also it's funny because Duke is more or less black Tim

is duke as smart as tim or something? Is it because they are the two most plain kids in the bat family that their fans keep fighting for relevance?

WAAAH HE'S NOT WHITE SO HE'S TERRIBLE

Smart is relative. Duke is street smart and Tim is book smart
It's more the latter, both are bland as bread without anything overtly interesting

Low quality bait

>everyone berating him is black
s y m b o l o g y

this is the reason Batfam only operates at night.

>EVERYTHING CHANGING!
It's like if you translated REEEEE!!! into plain English. God I hope the S was left out on purpose.

Ungrateful fucks

Didnt interest me at all and Duke is still useless in my eyes.

Bruce saying he trained longer with Duke over everyone else made me lol. It's Snyder and Patrick trying to make Duke the favorite.

sounds you like went into the issue expecting to hate it

We would have had a parade if that ever happened.

Why the fuck do people hate Duke? He's a sweet kid.

Gotta do something with the money he steals from the company.

Shoo, we don't need no cockroaches here.

Damian, Cassandra and Fox not is "White" people too user.

You point?

And Dick have Romani blood too

so when are the ‘duke is bruce’s favorite kid’ memes coming out :P

10 for the art, the structure is damn incredible

>Signal
>not Spotlight

>The tag is still in the costume. Literally.
Wait, did he buy it off the rack?

>build public housing
>waste half the money on a giant gyroscope structure to surround it

>you've trained with me longer than most allies
Only because you fuckers compressed a decade's worth of time into like 2 years.

Don't forget the JLA's stuff too

Damn, you'd think other good millionaires like Ollie would pitch in

Wow that was garbage.

They're still way dumber in the Marvel universe.

>Takes place after metal
>only tie is that metal gave normal people super powers
>Gotham is already rebuilt and theres no fall out of everyone hating batman
so Metal barley had any effect ?

Jason steal a truck full of money from Penguin to build their invisible base

So it's the detective mode from the Arkham games?

pretty sure snyder said the events of metal will affect other JL characters like aquaman realizing he doesn't know everything about Atlantis since he didn't know metal was stored down there

bump

Huh. That was actually pretty good. I'd like to see more of this guy. Thanks, user!

Did the editors forget this isn’t Marvel?