Exit Stage Left - The Snagglepuss Chronicles #1 STORYTIME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bn4jd_Pc0T4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_and_Ethel_Rosenberg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>You are gorillas
So are there any furry gorillas running around in this story?

>Len Wein
but he's dead, how?

Hah hah gay furries.

He wrote the script before dying

it's a common ting

I was so gay, but I couldn't tell anyone.

McCarthyism really is one of the most disgusting epochs in American history. I'm tempted to believe in hell if not only because it's the only place I can imagine a suitable afterlife for Joseph McCarthy.

>Third panel
Oy vey

>GIGI Allen
>virtuous
>good taste

MUH SIDES!

The End see you all next month!

So.. how do you like this new Rusell epic?, it is as good as his Flintstones book in your opinion?

And I'm sure that his friend J. Edgar Hoover is right there with him. One wonders how Truman let it all happen, or maybe he was in on it.

McCarthy was right though.

So far seems mostly subdud politics-wise, even for a comic about McCarthyism.

I think the hidden nature of gays in the 50s means Russel has to plot around the issue.

Republics are almost always inherently corrupt because the focus of political power will always default to populism eventually. Paradoxically parliaments with a constitutional monarchy seem to be better at skimming off corruption (Sweden, Denmark, Canada, etc.).

Go to bed Sup Forumsumblr. Hoover was a fucking hero.

>McCarthy was right though.

This

Right wing maybe. But if you know anything about "Yellow Journalism" you know he's just a little man trying to bring people down to his level just so he feels a bit less pathetic. I mean he basically died from alcoholism so you have to imagine he was constantly aggravated and depressed.

Truman was a Democrat, and this was before the Democrats and Republican did a 180 shift in their politics.

>being this wrong

Explain to me how McCarthy actually actively contributed to countering Soviet oppression in Europe and Asia and wasn't just a populist asshat waving around Communism as a red herring so he could feel good about ruining people's lives.

I said Republic, not Republican.

>screw the common folk!
>oh no, the common folk are turning against us! WHY?! #WHY?!

Small car.

>Henry Kissinger

what

My bad, wait the Venetian Republic wasn't that corrupt was it?

Did I miss something? Wasn't there supposed to be a scene with Snaggle Pus being interrogated in congress and then him meeting Augie Doggy outside?

I think that was a prologue. Look at the last page, "we had him on the stand already, it was a fiasco."

It's certainly not as funny but I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

it includes an unfinished script for a sequel to his most recent swamp thing mini

Oh, was the prologue a free thing online only then? Interesting.

Seemed to be a lot more serious than Flintstones.
I suppose as a non-American, some of the historical stuff is lost on me (I had to google the Rosenbergs) but it was well written.

>MacCarthyism
We are really in the era now aren't we

kek at the reaction of those workers

>The comparison of paying tickets to a stage show to paying tickets to see an execution
This is getting too much for me already, and this is the first issue

Jesus Christ that's a dark twist.

Meh, they deserved to fry

I just realized they aren't wearing pants.

They are all standing on their toes too

shes a real person?

It was very corrupt.

I was planning on waiting for the trade since it's a confirmed mini, but my impatience is getting to me. From this issue does it seem like they'll all be as standalone as Flintstones, or is it doing one arc?
It was a back-up in one of the DC/HB crossover oneshots.

>manlets

No, she's named after American shock rocker named GG Allin, who wrote songs like "I Want To Fuck Myself".

>a bunch of closet homo being on their toes during an era filled to the brim with ideological witch hunts
Manlet jokes are always good though

GG Allin is the most fucked up musician in history. The entire point of his existence was to piss off everyone he knew. At his concerts he raped men and women, fucked animals, shit and threw it at everyone and fought everyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=bn4jd_Pc0T4

Funny how relevant it is to the current state of media, you become that which you fought against and all that.

What's going on here? I'm from the UK, so my knowledge on US politics is shabby.

Russians spies got the chair.

pretty much yeah.

there was a lot of witch hunts carried out on people who had any presumed communist ideas in the past during that era. Hell, even Robert Oppenheimer's career was ruined by it and he couldn't even teach anymore.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

McCarthy was kind of like a male version of Thatcher to put it as a Brit analagy.

It's a fairly long story. They were arrested, tried, and eventually executed for transmitting nuclear weapon designs to the Soviets, among other things (conspiracy and other espionage-related charges).
After the USSR fell apart, declassified documents about their activities were found. As far as I know, while they were guilty of espionage and conspiring, they didn't relay the designs for nuclear weapons to the Soviet Union.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_and_Ethel_Rosenberg

tl;dr is that they were spies who took secrets Russia. Declassified documents show that much. However the trial itself was a poorly run shitshow that shouldn't have ended with them executed.

Isn't that the same as black face?

Do you mind if I post the prequel?

Educate me

seems more like it'll be an arc

I prefer this arty style over the one we have now

Do you not know who the Medici family was that ruled Venice during the rebublic for multiple generations?

Nope, in fact the only thing I know about the Venetian Republic is their role in the fourth crusade, their trade network and that one guy in Civ 5.

Well long story short is one family ruled Venice despite it being a Republic for several generations effectively making it one in name only.

Reminder that McCarthy was right.

Spotted the commie

Shhhh, Don't ruin the narrative

I want one Harvey Birdman appearance. Just one.

One of the guys in charge of economic policy in the United States was a Soviet spy. The Venona Papers have been out for nearly 20 years so to think that McCarthy's "there are commie spies everywhere" stuff was unfounded paranoia is stupid. You can argue maybe that he was a bumbling doofus about it but what he was warning of and trying to root out was very real.

The reason that mccarthy is villified, because most of the commies were jewish

Seems like a good start, even if I was expecting a little more humor based on The Flintstones. I'll keep reading.

looks better, it annoying both cant draw animals for shit + they give them fursuit feet even tho the original never had those

McCaarthy did nothing wrong, if anything he didn't go far enough, you're proof enough of that