Ok so seeing Marvel seems to be getting back on it's feet I'm thinking about catching up and generally just getting...

Ok so seeing Marvel seems to be getting back on it's feet I'm thinking about catching up and generally just getting into Marvel, I need some help with that.

A few years ago I read from Avengers Disassembled to Dark Reign, started but didn't finish with Annihilation. I'd like to read pretty much everything that won't make me want to kill myself, is there any guide somewhere around or should I just download everything and then slowly go through everything?

Also, if anyone'd point me to previous relevant stories, that'd be nice.

Nothing from the last eight years is worth reading, with the exception of Remender's Uncanny X-Force if you're a 90s X-nerd.

Seriously, don't waste your time picking through any of the recent stuff. Go back and read stuff from the 70s-90s that you missed. Literally anything from back then would be better than what they've been doing lately.

>Marvel seems to be getting back on it's feet
They aren't. The body is still lying on the floor bleeding out of all orifices. All that's happened is that CB Yoshida canceled a few titles.

But he's asking how to get back in though.
The current era of avengers is ending, so if you wait like two months you can start there. Things you should read:
>Marvel Now Venom, starting Flash Thompson
>Ms Marvel
>All-new X-Men
>Death of Wolverine
>secret wars (2016)
>superior spider-man (not relevant but good)
>Thor starring Jane Foster (starts off bad but gets bearable, pretty relevant though)
And that's it

>back to it's feet
>Joe Quesada

Yeah the guy who ruined spiderman comics will save marvel uhuuuuuuu

>>Ms Marvel
>>Death of Wolverine
>>secret wars (2016)
>>superior spider-man
>>Thor starring Jane Foster
Holy fuck what a shitty taste

Thanks for the suggestions
>They aren't. The body is still lying on the floor bleeding out of all orifices. All that's happened is that CB Yoshida canceled a few titles
Well I don't know it looks like CB is at least headed in the right direction, for the moment I'll catch up on the decent stuff the other user suggested and the older titles and keep to DC for everything else

Still better than what DC is putting out.

Deathstroke and New Super-Man say hello, m8.

>Ok so seeing Marvel seems to be getting back on it's feet
Long way to go yet.

Lmao even Static was better than anything from Marvel and static sucked

Pre Secret wars
>Journey into Mystery Starring Lady Sif
>Venom Volume 2 (Agent Venom)
>Scarlet Spider
>Dark Avengers
>Ms Marvel
>Axis: Carnage / Hobgoblin
>Superior Foes Of Spider-Man
>Superior Ironman
>Hickman’s Avengers saga
>All New Ghost Rider

During Secret Wars
>Ghost Racers
>Thors
>Battleworld: Spider-Island
>Master Of Kung Fu

Post Secret Wars
>Vision
>Carnage
>Squadron Supreme
>Hyperion
>Spider-Man and Deadpool
>All New Guardians of the Galaxy
>Contest of Champions
>All New Wolverine
>Venom
>Spider-Man Renew Your Vows

Enjoy OP

>Hickman’s Avengers saga

what the fuck.

Fuck off newfag. For all of Quesada's sins he unquestionably brought Marvel back from the pit it was in in the late 90s. He did save Marvel once.

Nice get

Hickman’s Avengers saga gave us the Illuminati vs the NOT Justice League, while I will admit that reading each issue via storytimes each week got tedious and annoying, however, I bulk it’s a good read. I can understand why there were some who disliked it, but personally I really enjoyed it.

I also forgot to add Battleworld: Infinity Gauntlet and Inferno to the list

It was entertaining and interesting, if flawed. If you don't think so, please explain yourself with words and not pictures like some illiterate child.

WHITE EVENT THE MACHINE IS BROKEN WHITE EVENT THE MACHINE IS BROKEN WHITE EVENT THE MACHINE IS BROKEN WHITE EVENT THE MACHINE IS BROKEN WHITE EVENT THE MACHINE IS BROKEN WHITE EVENT THE MACHINE IS BROKEN WHITE EVENT THE MACHINE IS BROKEN

I really can't tell anymore if people are trolling are just flat-out retarded.

Oh hey Shitman! Still trying to come up with an ending for your masterwork?

>he did t like the bromance between Hype and Thor
This alone makes all of your opinions not worth mentioning user. But, for the sake of discussion, do you have any other reasons for why you didn’t like Hickman avengers?

Because it was 60 issues of fucking nothing?

Well, you're using actual sentences now, that's progress. Think you could muster up an argument for why you don't like the run?

See, now that’s any actual answer with remit behind it, I can understand and respect that point of view, though I don’t really agree with it. Thank you user.

You're too butthurt to listen, user. But hey, being the only person who GOT Hickman's Avengers surely counts for something.

Do you just see (you)s and assume that people are against you? Right above your post I say that I can understand your point of view while not really agreeing with it. This is being butthurt? It sounds Moore reasonable to me.

You don't seem to be responding to any actual post here. Is this some chatbot test?

Finish DnA's run on Marvel Cosmic minus Annihilators. To get filled in on the rest of Marvel, look up Muh Phoenix and Illuminating Comics. That way you'll get filled in on the past couple of shitty events while actually getting entertained.

You're just embarrassing here, mate. Do you think those comments are from the same person? Does your mom know you're on here?

And this is to show us what exactly?

>us

Yea, us, as in more than a single individual

Gimp.

Anyway, thanks for explaining why Hickman is better than Kirby. I have learned a lot today.

>seeing Marvel seems to be getting back on it's feet
what on Earth gave you that impression

>Hickman better than Kirby
Wait what? Did we suddenly slip into blizzar/co/?

>Anyway, thanks for explaining why Hickman is better than Kirby

What are you even talking about? Who said that?

>Back on their feet
That still remains to be seen. They dug quite the hole, and I've seen nothing to support a good turnaround

Canceling the books that are selling poorly like America is a good move rather than paying to continue to produce the book for diversity’s sake, same with Iceman and Teen Jean, undoing a lot of the damage that Bendis wrought on the company and testing the waters with upcoming miniseries such as Exiles and New Mutants is good move. But for me, personally, having Slott set to be removed from Amazing Spider-Man is the best move.

What has Yoshida-sama been doing to turn Marvel around recently? What secrets did he bring from his far Eastern homeland?

Do you not understand how (You)s work or something?

The only thing that was not clearly trash from Marvel was Black Panther, Vision and unworthy thor but the Nick Fury whisper revelation ruined this shit to me.
>Jane Thor
fuck off this shit is awful in all possible ways

I am a notorious anti-marvel shitposter and ex-trip. This is the best news for Marvel in years. At least a decade.
>New EIC
>Bendis is gone
>Slott run ending
>Tumblr ongoings cancelled
>etc.
There's still a lot to fix, but the tumour has been cut off. Now we heal.

Speaking of catching up with Marvel, I've been out of the loop for a while. What's been up with Black cat? What comics has she appeared in lately?

Canceling books isnt necessarily an indication of Marvel changing their ways. This is under the assumption that their editors learned anything from the past few years, and they could just as easily replace them with shit books to fill the void. Its a wait and see moment we're in right now

Point is they aren’t letting these books continue with their crazy low sales just because they’re the books that pander to the crowd that screams for diversity, years ago if a comic couldn’t sell over 9k issues in a month it would have been killed before seeing double digits. Now, rather than wasting money on producing a comic that no one wants to read they have a chance to fill that void with something better. Will it be better is yet to be determined, but it’s still a step in the right direction.

>Nothing from the last eight years
>Superior Foes
>Vision
>Nova
>The Platoon
>Deadpool
>Scarlet Spider
>Black Bolt
>Carnage
>X-Factor

Hi Sup Forums, I can tell you read a lot of comics. Not that it matters since OP appears to be an eventfag anyway in which case he'll probably enjoy whatever horrible shit the Big 2 feed him.

>>The Platoon
>>Vision
Only two of those are any good. God, stop crying about Sup Forums. You sound like a Tumblr landwhale crying about the alt-right.

>Cries about OP eating whatever dogshit the big 2 feed him
>Provides a list of shit comics made for retards he thinks are quirky and great
goddddddddddd

superior foes

They're replacing all the cancelled book with more X-men titles.

I heard GOTY was awful this year at GB.

X-fags will still say that Marvel is holding the X-Men down and killing them off though.

X-fags will never be satisfied until there is a book for every generation of X-Men.

Probably, Bendis leaving and Alonso fired. It's worth noting Bendis left because he was tired of Marvel, and not because Marvel was tired of him.

Both are equally shitty at this point.

You forgot a few;
Pre Secret Wars
>Silk
>Superior Spider-man
>Jeff Parker's Red Hulk series
>tail end of incredible hercules and chaos war
>Gillen Uncanny X-men
>All of X-men Legacy
>Ms Marvel series before cancellation
During Secret Wars
>Renew your Vows
>Infinity Gauntlet
>Siege
Post Secret Wars
>Gwenpool
>Jean Grey
>Luke Cage
>That excellent powerman and Iron fist series

>Silk
This I honestly did forget, it was good that after SW it picked up right where it left off.
>Superior Spider-Man
If I honestly have to add that to the list, because I didn’t find to be that great of a read, I would say read the Superior Team-Ups book instead. I wasn’t overly against the arc, it just honestly didn’t impress me. The threads sure were fun though.
>Ms Marvel
I included this, but I’ll do it again, it was a very good read , I like looking for the little jokes that the artist has just randomly added in.
>hulk and X-Men
Both i haven’t read so I honestly cannot pass judgment, but they have your vote.
>Secret Wars Infinity Gauntlet
I corrected that in a following post the art in that comic was so fucking good, to be honest, a lot of the side books during Secret Wars were really good
>Secret Wars Renew Your Vows
I guess it is important to pick it out from the ongoing after SW ended
>Secret Wars Seige
Yeah, that was pretty fucking cool, War Journals has some great moments, Bendis was able to prove himself a hack in issue 2 of his oldman Logan, that was a glorious trainwreck.
>Gwenpool
Much like the other comics you’ve listed, I haven’t actually read more of her comic that a few pages here and there, but from what I’ve seen I like.

>Jean Grey
Really? That seems too random not to be genuine, personally I’ve never liked the character Jean Grey so I’m biased, but what draws you to that particular series? Why would you recommend it?

This thread made me notice how shitty Marvel currently is, because so far people only mentioned 2 good comics and dozens of worse than fanfiction shit.

>f I honestly have to add that to the list, because I didn’t find to be that great of a read, I would say read the Superior Team-Ups book instead. I wasn’t overly against the arc, it just honestly didn’t impress me.
Ok completely agree that the team up book was definitely the better book of the superior spider-man era. Really wish Gage was given a good flagship book in the future.
>Really? That seems too random not to be genuine, personally I’ve never liked the character Jean Grey so I’m biased, but what draws you to that particular series? Why would you recommend it?
I hate teen Jean. I hate the O5 trapped in the present and out of the five I really really really hate Teen Jean.
Yet I am a firm believer that there are no bad characters just bad writers.
Somehow Hopeless was able to change my opinion for me. Not only is it respectful to other characters its a fun read as Jean tries her best to not die by exploring new applications of her raw power.
Compared to a lot of shitty marvel books, this one is a breath of fresh air.