Pearl shattered Pink Diamond

Pearl shattered Pink Diamond
She was Pink Diamond's pearl
She doesnt shape shift because she was disguised as Rose when she did it, leaving her with guilt about the action

No. If Rose wasn't the one who shattered PD I am dropping this series hard. It would be godawful writing.

for what fucking purpose would she frame rose, the gem she loves, for reicide

Pearl doesn't like to shapeshift because pearl's aren't gems. They're the result of a biological mechanism. Pearl's are created by the diamonds from some enslaved organic species in some soulless gemtech version of how Rose created Steven.

That's far too interesting for this show.
To be fair, Pearl is just an all around awful person. I could sorta see it happen.

I mean they've implied really hard that it was some sort of Yellow Diamond conspiracy.

>lol rose killed pink diamond
>lol just kidding we were all lying to you the whole time for no reason, it wasn't rose it was weak ass pearl
that would be pointless and retarded, it was obviously white diamond or some shit that's going to cause the diamonds to turn on each other

Maybe for the sake of the war, the leader of the rebellion defeating 1/4th of the oppositions leadership would give them a bigger moral boost than an underhanded assassination carried out by a Pearl. Plus it could've been Rose's idea to begin with so Homeworld doesn't focus on Pearl like they have with Rose.

That's even lamer honestly.
Why can't it just be Rose.

>a pearl can cut a diamond

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you know how hard it is to kill? Or shatter another diamond? The reason why Bismuth created the breaking point is to make Crystal break a lot easier. No one can break a diamond unless theirs another diamond or a bigger more stronger fusion was around.

She's White's pearl.
Each pearl has her stone in the same place as her Diamond.

>Rose went to talk to PD about not killing Earth
>PD and Rose actually agreed on that much to everyone's surprise
>Yellow/White wanted the geoweapon/didn't want peace so she shattered PD and blamed it on Rose, the rebel leader who just happened to be in proximity of PD at the time
Calling it now

I don't understand why the Crystal Gems would keep saying Rose did it if Yellow was the one who shattered her. Telling everyone that a diamond shattered another diamond could SERIOUSLY splinter Homeworld but Garnet seems utterly convinced that it was Rose. Not to mention Eyeball literally saw it happen, something had to have happened to make her think that. I don't buy the "well she's dumb so she's wrong." She's dumb, not blind. That would just be cheap.

>I don't understand why the Crystal Gems would keep saying Rose did it if Yellow was the one who shattered her.
Personally, I do think it was Yellow, but shapeshifted. That's why that part of Garnet's budding flashback at the vacation ranch started out monochrome. It happened at twilight or some other way that the colors couldn't be seen, and the story went around. Now, why Rose wants that surpressed I don't know, but I still also think it's Rose that put the mental block on Pearl. White Diamond mental powers wouldn't involve a hand physically stopping herself from talking, imo. And Pearl was a little too insistent even for salty thirsty Pearl that Rose would never keep a secret from her of all people, back at Scabbard/Lion.

>Yellow Diamond

Obvious red herring, there is no way in hell that even SU would literally point out the actual killer directly like that. Goes against basic story conventions.

>Blue Diamond

Stupid in that it's her defining characteristic of being depressed af

>White Diamond

Stupid in that they've never even established the supposed 'main suspect''s name several seasons in. Or any motive or anything related to the character at all. And if the 'Pearl mind control' thing is real, they're going to keep it that way as long as possible.

>Pearl

Interesting but motives of multiple characters and her power level don't align. Why Pearl isn't proud of killing one of Rose's greatest enemies and not having a reason to fear home world punishing her for it is also baffling.

None of the major suspects are particularly good for a mystery. Each one spells bad writing and inconstancies.

>Each one spells bad writing and inconstancies.
That's SU alright.

Rose actually shattered Pink Diamond.
Pink Diamond requested it.
No one breathes a word about it as her final orders.

>Eyeball literally saw it happen, something had to have happened to make her think that. I don't buy the "well she's dumb so she's wrong."
Quality writing stopped the second they decided that Steven should spend almost a month whining about Connie instead of trying to get his defenseless human friend off a foreign hostile gem colony. Eyeball being stupid and therefore wrong is exactly the sort of thing I expect from SU now.

Which is why it had to be PD plotting it herself.
The only one who would shatter the Diamond who so obviously loved humans and possibly Earth itself - as opposed to the commander of forces or organiser of economy - is that Diamond herself. Without PD, no Earth colony.
Now the question is how she did that and how it played out.
Was it dream possessing a Rose Quartz to commit suicide?
A pact to end the colony effort?
A last-ditch attempt to end the perpetual violence?
Did she actually get shattered or was she poofed and bubbled?
If the latter, why would Rose never free her?
If the former, where are the shards? Why are they not prime evidence?

This, theres no reason for there to be any kind of mystery/conspiracy if it was just Pearl, hell a pearl killing a diamond is the ultimate rebellion starter, an oppressed class taking down an elite is a huge recruitment tool

oh no not you!

>If Rose wasn't the one who shattered PD I am dropping this series hard. It would be godawful writing.

This? This is the godawful writing in the series? Out of absolutely everything else, you chose this?

user, it's been pretty heavily implied that not all is as it seems when it comes to the murder in question. Rose's sword doesn't break gems, the CGs refuse to answer any questions whatsoever, a fucking lackey lawyer figured out that it was more likely one of the diamonds did it and was promptly zapped with no explanation etc.

This isn't chekhov's gun, this is chekhov's blunderbuss, and it's pointing straight at your face.

By the show's standards, it's a master stroke, albeit one committed by a guillotine whose edges are greased with molasses.

>All these weird metaphors

>user, it's been pretty heavily implied that not all is as it seems when it comes to the murder in question.
Obviously, but it would still be terrible writing if Rose wasn't involved in it. Steven has had a whole arc about having to deal with his mom shattering a gem, realising that his mother wasn't perfect and that morality isn't so black and white. All of that goes out the window if Rose is absolved of any wrong doing.

Who says she will be absolved of all guilt?
She is guilty of many things, regardless of PD.
She lied, deceived, abandoned everyone.
She caused the Diamonds to devastate Earth and corrupt thousands.
And if she did not shatter PD she was part of some conspiracy yo fool her allies and enemies alike.
Not a qhite west, precisely.

In all likelihood, if Rose shattered Pink to protect her, or crippled her as a coverup, then she's still not absolved of guilt, at least not all of it.

For all we know, Rose tried to repair the shards of Pink, but kept fucking up like Frankenstein with his monster. We still haven't figured out why Lion can summon portals or is magical, or why (if it's same process as Lars revival) why that Lion was even revived.

Whatever the answer, it's unlikely Rose will be absolved of all guilt. She still imprisoned her blacksmith for all eternity and lied through her teeth about it, she still fucked up Steven's life by putting him at the head of a war in which he is simultaneously unsuited for and provides the most valuable insight.

She still abandoned her husband knowing what would happen to her (and probably gave him skin cancer by the look of it), and she found no way to treat thousands upon thousands of gems afflicted with corruption.

The question isn't whether Rose shattered PD.

The question is why she never denied doing it.

To be fair, she never said she did it as well.

Her mirage was deliberately evasive and stony when asked the question, and responded with 'Well, I made a lot of mistakes'

They already (rather unskillfully) implied that it wasn't her.

That's what I'm saying. Even if she won't outright lie she still wants people to think she's directly responsible.

Well, if PD is a secret friendly, and is alive in some form, it wouldn't do for either side to find out. The CGs would still be pissed, and might try to kill her in whatever state she's in, and the Diamonds would go into a blind rage over base treason.

Rose was controlled opposition.
She never rebelled against her Diamond.
She was either directly controlled or served loyally to pose as a rebel leader.
That's how they fought a war against impossible odds. They had a Diamond on their side.
That's also why Rose never shattered. She wasn't going to harm PD's babies.
And that is why Bismuth had to disappear too. She was a threat to the plan.

The revelation that Rose shattered PD had a profound effect on Steven's perspective of her and the world around him, more than anything else that she did. It would be really dumb to undo that so that Steven isn't forced to examine his own worldviews.

>if Rose shattered Pink to protect her
If that was the case then there's no ambiguity there, that was clearly the right thing to do. Steven needs to fucking deal with the fact that his mother 'killed' someone. Otherwise what was the point.

But he already stomached that.
That won't get taken away.
And regardless of how the charade played out, his mother is not a saint in the end.
Maybe a tragic hero, or a stone-faced liar. Which is not quite murderer, but that comes with a caviat here anyway.
In any case it will only be more layers of his mother's complex nature and shadowy past unveiled, not less.
Steven cannot unlearn a point on moral complexity and unsavory necessities if it turns out it was less murder and more lies.

>more layers of his mother's complex nature and shadowy past
great, i just love WHO IS STEVENS MOM REAAALLY??

I think he was trying to do a 'all idols are in shades of grey' meaning, and that he's learned that.

Though if Sugar does go the South Park route, I will be amused.

>WHO DID GREG SLEEP WITH?
>ROSE
>PEARL
>GARNET
>PRIYANKA
>THE DENVER BRONCOS

White Diamond killed Pink Diamond because she found out Pink Diamond was exploring the idea of peace with the Earths rebels. She utilized a Rose Quartz that looked like OUR RQ as the assassin, then using the 'Star Trek 6 rule' (First rule of assassination? Kill the assassin.) she had the entire Rose quartz line bubbled and handed them off to Blue Diamond in the belief that Blue would shatter them all. This explains all the inconsistencies that Stevens defense lawyer pointed out about how easy it was for an assassin to get so close to pink. Pink was expecting a rose quartz to meets her via a message from white.

Sugar, stop spoiling your own show, and provide an explanation for the hiatus

Then why wouldn't Rose deny it? Too hard to deny, too useful as a moral booster, or did Rose also appear around that palanquin that day for another reason?

Rose was there at the location of the murder at the time it happened. She was there to either start or finalize the peace talks to end the war. She had left pearl in another room to give pink diamond privacy in the negotiations. The assassin Rose Quartz jumps in kills Pink Diamond with something that can shatter a diamond (and provided by white diamond) then disappears. Rose Quartz comes back to pearl to knowing shes been set up but still covered in shards of pink Diamond. Pearl leaps to a conclusion that OUR RQ is the murderer. Maybe Rose denies it at the time or maybe she doesn't think that Pearl would believe her if she denied it either way Pearl thinks shes the killer because any other answer is 'too convenient' just as white diamond planned.

No. What part of "only diamonds can cut other diamonds" don't you understand?

this actually makes sense which is probably why they won't do this

uh huh

You do know to "shatter" a diamond all you need is a hammer right?
If you wanna be fanciful and thematic, any diamond can shatter if you hit it at a certain angle.

Wait, if white has her diamond on her chest, whose Pearl is our Pearl?

Why are you guys so stupid? How can't you see that PD wasn't shattered?

She'll be shattered, but it won't be permadeath. Steven will go full Lazarus, and be able to repair gems by the end of the series.

pearl has a fucking pink diamond on her space suit. It's not any kind of mystery what diamond faction she belonged to.

>How can't you see that PD wasn't shattered?
multiple gems said they saw her get shattered

yeah its so hard to break a diamond you need a slightly larger than average nail gun to do it

I hope Pink Diamond gets to revealed to be a loli. It would make a reveal of Pearl shattering her that much more sweet.

Quality writing stopped long before that.
They probably wanted to retcon Rose as the killer, but since they couldn't come with a good excuse, their writing went into the trash much like the models and animation.

Are you a kid?

Now this is a more acceptable way to think, but it's obvious that she wasn't shattered in first place. Why can't you consider that PD was Rose?

I just wanted to make sure you guys knew they actually dont know the end yet. The people working on the show.

PD is Lion or whatever makes Lion powerful

Source?

I feel Sugar has an end in mind, at least the general idea. Whether that makes it, I don't know.

...? Lion was just a common Lion that died and was revived by Rose's tears...

Why do you feel that way

This series is far too keen on throwbacks for some of it to not have been planned. It reminds me of Avatar, in the sense that the fire nation warship from the last episode is referenced in Book Fire. And for that series, what they agreed upon from the start was that the avatar was going to defeat Ozai with a non-lethal avatar exclusive power.

I don't think any plans Sugar will have made may come through though, as this long a hiatus usually indicates either a crew vs network dispute, extremely unfortunate logistical problems, or intracrew problems. All of these could easily lead to cancellation, or compromises on ideas.

Mind you, I'm not saying that if someone has an idea for the ending they shouldn't throw something into the ring, I'm just saying if Rebecca has a specific ending in mind, it may change from here to when they finally create it.

It happens occasionally when handling a story. JK didn't kill Ron out of anger like she was planning to, The Didact got chucked out of the Halo series, and New Line Cinema thought it'd be a great idea to remove the twist ending from the Northern Lights film. The latter promptly went bankrupt, because they're mouth breathing retards presumably.

....I think this is the best prediction out of all the ones I've seen here.

Because I can really see this happening. A high ranking gem shapeshifting through security and killing off PD and Rose is there to witness it all.

(The amount of times shapeshifting is a subject bought up in the series could make it likely what caused PD to be killed.)

Rose being double crossed by WD seems very likely.....Plus since this season is a "murder mystery" it would be a good twist to a crime scene.

It's kinda obvious and predictable.

Weirdo

Rose wanted to take the blame so that pearl wouldn't be harmed.

Because A) Rose wanted to protect Pearl, and B) So that Rose, the leader of the rebellion, would be seen as a terrifying figure who could kill a diamond, that would definitely make HW gems shit their pants.

We know... we called it months ago

>Steven Universe
>Having bad writing
Noooo, really?