>Most of the original was destroyed, leaving just the facade
>Steel frame building inside
>Attached to two modern squat buildings
>Small amount of open land surrounded by city

Hoping to see Trump improve on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putin's_Palace
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No one cares that Trump is going to live in such an ugly place?

too many trees, limits LOS

it is quite ugly. it was fine for peasant """presidents"""" before Trump but Donald is a man of refined taste.

knock sucker down and rebuild it.

you'll probably find the free mason tunnels while you do it too, that's how barry got the pizza parties smuggled in.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putin's_Palace

in fact, just raze the whole fucking city donald - you are president now.

then get a big hose and wash it all away.

lets see what pops up

Don't do that, it's architecturally beautiful, but he needs to expand on it big league. I'd expect before he leaves he's going to be making some long needed additions

I wish they would renovate it to make it larger, but I feel like they don't want to do anything to change its iconic image.

I mean look at the press room.

the tower he replaces it with will be much more modern and luxurious

remember

>We’ll get the top people, the top everything, we’ll have the best ballroom.
>Because I notice they always put tents up on the lawn.
>Number one, it’s not a good security thing.
>Number two, the guy that owns the tents is making a fortune

Embarrassing. DC is a slum and I wish they'd move the capital out to the Midwest and make a fortified city like Hitler's Germania.

Most of all though, I'd like for only Federal employees to live there and tourism allowed during the day. Niggers ruined DC

I doubt he will move in, personally. He will probably stay in his existing residences.

Press room is pathetic. I understand the White House was supposed to represent a humbleness in opposition to the gilded royal palaces of Europe but we shouldn't be addressing the world from a room like that.

i still wanna know what the fuck is in that building they built in obamas first term

He has to. Most presidential duties require him to be there. Lots of critical safety problems if he doesn't also.

He'll find a way to do what suits him.

What if he moves the capital building ToTrump tower?

Bush stayed at his ranch more than the white house. Why couldn't trump spend most of his time in his golden tower instead of the white house as well?

Looks comfy when you see the grounds layout.

>tfw you will never shoot hoops in the sheltered presidential basketball court

Hey, he should invite Bobby Knight over...

Personally I think expanding and maybe terracing the back lawn should be a thing, like the French Palaces of old. Really crank it up a notch on the South Lawns I say!

Press room is intentionally pathetic. It's a F U to the press.

Moderately good toast

It is fucking ugly. Doesn't inspire feelings of prestige at all like famous buildings in Europe.

I don't like it. Our government buildings are built like castles. Is that thing built out of wood?

2 things

1: There is no room

2: You can't move buildings like in video games in real life, especially ones with complex underground structures you literal retard

Well fuck me sideways and call me Sally

Because the president is not meant to be a grandiose office, the president is a servant to the republic
Our courthouses and administrative buildings are often very large and imposing, big neo-classical Monoliths, but the whitehouse is not meant to be or resemble a palace

Reminder that Trump has been saying the White House should build a ballroom for YEARS now, and he offered to build it himself.

Wonder if he'll actually do it the madman

>Building your own ballroom to hold state dinners in

Classic

>Bush stayed at his ranch more than the white house. Why couldn't trump spend most of his time in his golden tower instead of the white house as well?
Because Bush didn't do a damn thing. He was a mere stooge who needed to stick around while senator Clinton went to war all around the middle east.

>Make plans to build a ballroom
>Takes years
>Finally completed
>No longer president
>mfw you just built a ballroom for the future Presidents and didn't even get to use it yourself

I doubt he'd take 8 years to do it, even then I'm sure he'd call it something like 'The Trump Wing' so he gets the last laugh....

UNDER BUDGET AHEAD OF SCHEDULE

Trump would have that fucker done in a couple months.

>Basket ball court
Please tell me Obama built that.

He did. He removed the bowling alley for it.

it's missing a certain je ne sais quoi?

>Implying that Trump isn't a stooge.

the whole place is like that. it's way too small for all the people there. everybody who works for the president plus security plus the press plus do they still do tours for tourists?

they need to move to a new building desu