I really loved the first season of Young Justice, but I can only find people complaining about Invasion...

I really loved the first season of Young Justice, but I can only find people complaining about Invasion... Is it really that bad, Sup Forums?

People complained because they altered the dynamic so much. Best couple got broken up and one of the core group became a dirty teammate killing traitor. It all works out later though. Mmmmostly.

nah, second season is fuckin rad

I like Invasion better because the ongoing plot was stronger (and less painfully repetitive) and all the stupid teen drama shit got less focus

But they're both not ideal. Weird plot concepts dumb characterization and stupid ticks all around. They got Jaime speaking in Spanish at the end of every other sentence like he's a Chris Claremont character, esé

I sincerely hope you're not implying that Miss Martian and Superboy were best couple

Seriously? Watch Teen Titans instead.

It's what Young Justice should have been... for the most part, anyways.

Invasion was decent but it had a few problems.

Blue Beetle and Impulse got the most focus out of the new cast.I like them but I wanted to see more from the other characters too.

Love triangle was garbage like all love triangle plots.At this point I am convinced that love triangles should be banned from all cartoons,anime,manga,movies,books and video games.They always sabotage the plots.

Sup Forums hates anything serious and intelligently-written. if Gargoyles came out today they'd tear it apart.

>Best couple got broken up

But Wally and Artemis were still together. They even lived together on a one-bedroom apartment.

I wasn't a fan of the light winning even when they lost. It was fine with Xanatos, but when it's a group of villains, it makes The Team's victories seem hollow.

>Sup Forums hates anything serious and intelligently-written.
Relevance to YJ?

I wasn't that much of a fan of season 2, but I'm looking forward to that upcoming season 3

>Love triangle was garbage like all love triangle plots.At this point I am convinced that love triangles should be banned from all cartoons,anime,manga,movies,books and video games.They always sabotage the plots.

What was the love triangle?

Ms.Martain,Superboy and Lagoon Boy.

I personally really like both seasons for different reasons, I even enjoy it more than Teen Titans, its my favorite super hero show. I can't wait for s3, I thought it was gone forever like Symbiotic titan

They spent a LOT of time with annoying secondary characters instead of the core team. Season 2 gives most of the attention to Blue Beetle and Bart Allen and the originals get the season's b-plot. It's lame. It's like if JLU suddenly decided they wanted every episode to be about Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E

Nah is still good.

The second season is much better than the first. The issue is that most of the fanbase is girls who watched the show for the shipping and the show treats relationships and characters somewhat realistically, so everybody who doesn't break up with their S1 love interest dies.

Oops. Spoilers.

That wasn't really a triangle, though. M'gann didn't really like Lagoon Boy anymore and the thing with Superboy and M'gann was more about her showing regret for what she did and fessing up to Superboy.

Not as fun as the first season. Would have perferred a non time skip.

>and the originals get the season's b-plot.

That's not really true. Ms. Martian, Nightwing, Artemis, and Aqualad took up most of the screentime. Only Beetle and Impulse joined the main character cast, and Superboy was absent for most of the season.

>It's like if JLU suddenly decided they wanted every episode to be about Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E

That comparison makes no sense, since Beetle and Impulse are actually relevant to the main plot.

Though the premise of YJ season 2 and JLU do have a lot of similarities. They both still have the main cast, but there's some slight focus on a bunch of new heroes. If anything, JLU detracts far more attention from the main cast.

... very different shows and tones. its like saying go watch Star Wars: Ewoks, its what the Clone Wars should have been.

>its like saying go watch Star Wars: Ewoks, its what the Clone Wars should have been
Replace Clone Wars with Rebels and you're unironically right

I think the real problems is that they clearly had no intention of developing the new team save Blue Beetle and Impulse, so it's a lot more noticeable and jarring when we have to spend time with them rather than the main cast.

The final stretch of season 2 is great, but the first half of it is basically us being told about all the things that happened during the timeskip, all of which would've been much more interesting if we actually SAW it happen.

Also, the whole Justice League being framed for attacking an alien planet subplot makes the League look pathetically incompetent seeing as how the fuck did they not find out about this happening when there's THREE GREEN LANTERNS on the team?

>THREE GREEN LANTERNS on the team?
Realistically space is a big place. It wasn't in their sector.
Although Wondy did comment on that and John simply shrugged by saying he will ask the GL of that sector.

I liked it. It didn't have enough Wonder Girl though.

Well a consistent issue with both seasons is that the League and it's members are all portrayed as being incompetent assholes.

>The final stretch of season 2 is great,
I too also enjoyed the Ms Martian show staring Blue Beetle

I re-watched both seasons

i don't know why I liked it

Very young and impressionable or your tastes is just shit

S2 is better than S1

that was a good pound. I also loved Nightwing being an utter slut.

I really liked it but the issues the fanbase have are
>timeskip
There's a timeskip between seasons and we spend as much time learning how and why the status quo changed as progressing the actual plot.
>new characters
They got a lot of the screentime, mostly Blue Beetle and Impulse.

Thery really needed at least one more season before the timeskip.