I've never seen anyone talk about this show. How bad was it?

I've never seen anyone talk about this show. How bad was it?

I have, and from what I've read it sounds awful.

>Yumiko only has one outfit
>They added a new character that's basically an annoying S1 Omi
That's enough for me to not care about it.

Look what they fucking did to Wuya.

Also don't forget:

>Best boi Jack was going to have his redemption arc
>Turns out he's a Shaolin Warrior with the "Metal" Element and joins the rest of the group.

Instead we got that pingpongchinchong character that it's just a mini even more retarded version of omi.... Yeah dont bother with it

>CGI showdowns
>Dojo is piss yellow
>fucking Ping-Pong

What the hell were they thinking?

im going to throw up

>soy smiles...

So what exactly was it? a Soft reboot of the original show? A continuation of the original show?

They should be tried for war crimes for doing this.

Supposedly a continuation after the collapse of time and space in season 3 of showdown, but it works more as reboot as all memories and events of the previous show were erased

It... tried to be both I think. The monks started out this series by all reaching the rank Raimundo had at the end of showdown, and had a bunch of wu vaguely reminiscent of the originals (but name changed for copyright reasons), and everyone sort of knew each other but mostly didn't act like it. Like, I just remember they had wuya puzzle boxed again and had Jack Spicer open it and it was like... they knew each other but still had to reintroduce themselves to each other.

Oh it was bad OP

>Pacing was fucked up every other episode, making it either too slow in some scenes or too fast in others (usually the latter)
>tried to set up too many plot threads when they should've focused on just one or two. Example being Kimiko having a multiverse traveling-secret agent older sister; or the odd relationship Chase had with his sort of daughter/ apprentice Shadow
>Wu, name change notwithstanding, were too repetitive/ uninteresting. There were 3 SHEN GONG WU that manipulated the fabric of time and none of them was a fucking Hourglass
>Toilet humor and mysoginy abound as Christi Hui wanted Omi to be a sexist with a clone bro and Clay being the smooth talking western stereotype he always was but with "MUH TEXAS EUPHENISMS"
>Talismans that were not Shen gong wu made an appearance and were more plot relevant than the wu that they actually were, not much was explained about their origins or significance due to pacing issues
>Broke the rules of a typical Showdown on occasion. Rather than wu, it was good looks or aforementioned talismans
>The Season's end (Likely the series as a whole too) retcons, Chase's entire origin. Having him fall in love with a dragon who cucked him for his brother. Hooded figure tells him to absorb chi from warriors and evil potion to make him worthy a la Thanos Infinity Gauntlet story
>Kimiko is somehow the first to become a "dragon rider" for reasons that weren't explained. This isn't a problem so much as it leads to the ACTUAL problem.
>Omi gets Butthurt that Kimiko gets a Dragon and he doesn't and actually tries to attack her a la Chase because he's the most skilled
>Chase uses Kimiko's chi to enter the chi realm, absorb every warrior monk's essence to become GOD
>Kimiko and Omi are forced to work together by the only remaining spirit who wasn't taken to awaken GREATER DRAGON GOD Chase is tearing reality apart with a giant scythe
>GREATER DRAGON GOD TEARS CHASE A NEW ONE IN A WALL OF EYES

>Season ends with Shadow joining Wuya in her human form with a demon biker gang. Its as stupid as it sounds

I remember a black dude that they could have used, and not in the stupid manner wise but legit and they just instead use pingpongwhogivesafuck I couldn't understand it.

Legal troubles. They couldn't use a lot of stuff and had names and colors changed. I wonder why they even bothered. so much work and legal tip toeing for a sequel series that never took off

I got 10 min into it

Adding on to this stuff
>Show couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a sequel or a reboot and tried to be both
>A number of episodes that recycle plots from the original show. I know off the top of my head, they redid the episode where Dojo needed to be locked in a box only now with Pingpong
>Episode where Chase gives birth to an egg that somehow ends up being a Shen Gong Wu
>Chase is pretty much an entirely different character in this show. Everything that made him who he was previously got thrown out the window
>One episode ended with Chase telling Omi that he was his family only for that to never be brought up again for the rest of the series
>Dojo is obviously gay for Master Fung. He more or less was in the original show as well but they really shove it in your face here
>The CG Showdowns. I really have to knock that one because there were a couple episodes where they had a non Showdown action scene without the CG and they looked pretty decent so I really don't get why they did that
>Clay's new VA lacks the energy the original had which makes his one liners a lot less funny
>The writers of this show are really shitty and often times just throw random jokes in there for what feels like just for the sake of having a joke regardless of whether its actually funny or works within the context of the scene

Disney XD dropped this show mid season and never bothered to air the last few episodes. That's how bad this show was.

Xiaolin Showdown was absolutely my shit. I didn't know they had a reboot/sequel, and from the sound of things I'm glad I didn't.

>Add another kid.
>It's not Jermaine as Wood to play off his urban background or Jack as Metal because of his science skills.
>It's an even bigger racist caricature than Omi.

Why the hell would you take away the delicious brown?

God how awful

>loved the shit outta Xiaolin Showdown
>close friend of mine used to watch it too
>still hang out with him from time to time
>during the hangouts, one of us will randomly bring up the show again in the form of a Shen Gong Wu
>the game fucking begins
>the other will try to remember and say another Shen Gong Wu
>this continues until one of us can`t remember a Shen Gong Wu name or repeats a previous one
>this lasts for 30-45 minutes
>tfw you`ve won by remembering there`s a wu called ants in the pants

show was too good to be true, and i`m glad i got on that wild ride.

perfection! Wuya is Cute!

GONG YI TAN PAI

>t he's a Shaolin Warrior with the "Metal" Element
I called that shit at the end of S1 when they offered to let him join!

>a black dude that they could have used
Jermaine, or something like that.

Who the fuck is that second Omi? Why is there a second Omi at all?

He's my original character

BlowMi

The rest of the season aired? I stopped watching because it kept flipping and went on a hiatus soon after the egg rpisode. Or thats the last one i watched.

Mala Mala Jong was epic

glad is cancelled long ago

This stupid fucking dad joke shouldn't have made me laugh as much as it did.

It's not good. All of the stuff that actually matter and it makes things rather stupid and actually pathetic. But saying those words actually don't make it stupid.

What did?

>Xiaolin Showdowns aren't in a great diverse environment that made things actually are pretty neat to do and what to actually enjoy of.
>the character models and what have you are 3D and they don't really learn anything from it.
>Raymundo became a fucking master and actually learned something. But in this version, he didn't in fact learn anything and he still is a student.
>Japanese girl doesn't change any clothes and hair styles based upon where she goes and it was a good trait showing everyone who they are.
>Also ping. Ping is a thing.

>How bad was it?
There is an episode called Chase Lays an Egg. Watch it and that will answer your question.

Suffering. Pure suffering. I loved the original Xiaolin Showdown, but I couldn’t even make it 4 episodes into XC. It was too ridiculous.

pfft

Dunno, I don't watch shows for little children.