youtube.com/watch?v=YpH1X6PmHdA
youtube.com/watch?v=vY8awNR8LdM
youtube.com/watch?v=XtyUycHvYls
youtube.com/watch?v=dtELmz-MVvU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield–McCoy_feud
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French–Eversole_feud
youtube.com/watch?v=oPrLXkbNzkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>that one bugs bunny cartoon where he fights hillbillies and cross dresses as a hot hill billette and ends with this hoedown where he leads them off a cliff and for some reason CN kept showing the song during ad breaks between shows

On a related note,
youtube.com/watch?v=YpH1X6PmHdA
youtube.com/watch?v=vY8awNR8LdM

I mean, I guess this counts as Sup Forums material.

The most adorable one

I'm a hillbilly, does that count?

Then how can you use a computer?

Squidbillies?

What's the difference between a hillbilly and a redneck? Also I nominate Ralph as the biggest hick in the cul-de-sac..

I've always thought of hillbillies as just harmless versions of rednecks, whereas rednecks are rowdy motherfuckers who constantly get shitfaced and start fights.

From what I've seen rednecks are more the trailer park mobile home, drink cheap beer from a can and cook meth type, while hillbillies are more the backwoods/bayou living in a shack, brewing moonshine and strumming on a banjo type.

But what about hicks?

Hillbillies live in the mountains usually secluded from the modern world. Rednecks live within the modern world but act the same way as hillbillies.

hicks aren't as urban as rednecks while not as rual as hillbillies. Think small town in the middle of nowhere types.

Its odd how forgotten this strip it considering how huge it was for a long run

I actually live near Douglasville, and they've referenced my county once. It made me hsppy

Probably some of the most spot on casting of any Comic Strip adaptation ever too.

Where the fuck were they finding these women?

Hillbilly = moonshine
Red neck = NASCAR and beer
Red neck+ = stylishly watching NASCAR and drinking beer
Hick = the northern equivilant of the latter
They all hunt

...c-casting calls?

Which is Jesco White?

youtube.com/watch?v=XtyUycHvYls

So Sup Forums....Martin...or Coy? Chose wisely.

Have you some Starlyne

He's a beast unto his own, its not black and white, but shades of grey, he shines the most bright, so you can groan, to the spectums...dismay

The late 50s early 60s
You know, back before people thought it was acceptable to weigh as much as a small car.

youtube.com/watch?v=dtELmz-MVvU

>notposting the better bear

>youngest female is the least hillbilly-like

For what purpose?

Hillbillies live on mountains, rednecks live at swamps, wetlands, woods, and other non-mountainous rural areas, and trailer trash lives in trailers and mobile homes.

That's a curious notion, I live on a mountian by myself in an establishment build by my father and grandfather in the 40's, with coal heating, well water intake and septic outtake. The electrical systems were redone in 1990, and I enjoy the lifestyle of a furnished metropolitan household with mid millenium appliances and house comforts.

Do I technically register as a hill billy or am I just the son of one who became a city slicker and made the home likewise?

>What's the difference between a hillbilly and a redneck?

Hillbillies live in the Ozarks and Appalachian mountains.
>live in shacks or huts in the mountains
>brew moonshine
>eat roadkill
>usually poor but happy
>play banjos
>hunts
>forages
>keep to themselves
>are nice but weary of strangers
Fun fact: they fought for the Union during the Civil War

Rednecks are found in any rural area usually small towns.
>Outside new york city, new york state is mostly rednecks
>Can be anywhere in the states
>love guns and drinking
>NASCAR
>fly Dixie flag
>hunts
Fun fact: during the Civil war New York had draft riots and almost left the Union

Hicks are found in very remote areas such as swamps, forests and backwoods.
>keep to themselves
>dont like meeting new people
>almost hermit-like
>wants to be self reliant so grows own food
>forages
>will eat just about anything
>brews own liquor such as dandelion wine
>very territorial
Fun fact: sometimes the military will recruit some of them to help soldiers with survival training.

What's the big difference?

I thought hillbillies were prone to a feudin'

Or is that just TV lying to me?

Mostly TV lying
Most fueds are actually from Texas with rival outlaw gangs or ranchers and cowboys.

What's a bumpkin?

an unsophisticated or socially awkward person from the countryside.

Just a person that doesn't know how things work in a city.

>loss.jpg

Moi

Redneck will talk shit and work a dead end job and fight occasionally.

Hillbilly lives in the mountains, lives off of selling shit he makes and will kill you if you piss him off.

The backwoods of Tennessee is some crazy shit.

What about hayseeds? Are hayseeds cool?

What about hicks?

It's mostly based on
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield–McCoy_feud
It's not a common thing, though.

Rednecks were originally called that because they spent most of their time working in fields on farms and tended to have a farmer's tan as a result. They could be lower to middle class and lived in farming towns or rural areas.

Hillbillies, on the other hand, tended to live in hilly or mountainous areas that weren't really suited to large scale farming. They were more likely to be hunters/trappers, subsistence farmers, and bootleggers. As a result, it was a more leisurely lifestyle which is where the lazy hillbilly stereotype comes from.

As small farms went away, the meanings of those terms shifted. These days redneck is more your stereotypical macho meathead type who listens to country music while a hillbilly is more socially awkward and backwards.

>Outside new york city, new york state is mostly rednecks

Can testify to this.

Rich people moved into our land.

When you suck off somebody who's taking a dump

Quick question
Why does the old cartoons show the Dixies like a bunch of idiots that want to fuck their cousins? Does anybody got butthurt about this?

The last veteran of the American Civil War died in 1956.

I’m loving the Hillbilly comic

If I remember, he was a 9 year old drummer boy whose platoon never actually went into battle

>paw rugg

GET THE PINK PUSS HATS

>Douglasville
What did they say? Something about gypsies?

When women actually acted like women too.

ain't got nothing on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French–Eversole_feud

inbreeding

The strip ended and there has been no cartoon, tv show or movie since, it's sad but that's how easy it is for a cultural phenomenon to fade away. Funnily enough most people are likely to know about Lil' Abner because of the musical, high schools still perform it sometimes. That is how I found out about it, I was in drama and we did it in my junior year.

That is a blumpkin.

I thought she was Asian.

>amerimutt

A redneck and a hillbilly are strolling along a country lane, talking about the Garden of Eden. The redneck, drinking whiskey as he walks, believes that Adam and Eve had every right to take that apple for, if God were kind, why would he forbid them from partaking in that delicious fruit? The hillbilly listens and nods. Then the redneck finishes the bottle and throws it onto the path. When the hillbilly frowns, the redneck says, “Judge not,lest thee be judged.” When the hillbilly frowns again the redneck says, “You judge doubly, you sin twice.” Whereupon God smites the redneck dead. The Hillbilly, forever silent and diligent digs the redneck’s grave and fashions a humble tombstone from the empty bottle, and walks on. That eve he witnesses the most beautiful sunset ever ‘fore made.

What's the joke?

It's just a quote from Ozark
He's a hillbilly telling the parable to a redneck. He proceeds to kill him immediately after

Who kills who?

The hillbilly, the one telling the parable, kills the redneck.

do NOT touch the trim!
youtube.com/watch?v=oPrLXkbNzkA

The same thing will likely happen to the Cosby Show in future years for exactly the same reason.

Who did you play?