I FEAR TO ASK but

I FEAR TO ASK but

what if those electoral delegates or whatever the shit they are, decide not to vote for trump, showing reason of civil war or something? I mean, WHAT IF?

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2016/11/09/trump-twitter-obama-election/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

25 states are required by law to vote for whatever their people voted for. If one state got trump as majority then they must vote for trump. They can lose their vote/seat or get heavily fined (usually former) There's a list of the states somewhere if you google it.

It would be a shitstorm of GALACTIC proportions.

That scenario would require more electoral votes to switch in this ONE election than have ever switched throughout our existence as a country

First of all, you'd need at least 34-ish electors to flip, when just one doing so is pretty rare. I also believe that it'd be likely that folks would simply refuse to recognize the flipped electors and proceed with Trump anyways. Worst case scenario, it could result in a straight-up civil war, as voters would rightfully feel robbed.

First time for everything. WW2 killed more people that died in wars prior to WW2.

Trump won by a huge margin so it would have to be an organized effort.

In that case I would imagine a civil war, that's typically what happens in most countries when the election results are transparently rigged. However Hilldog already conceded, I'd only be worried if she didn't concede and the electoral college votes were much more equal than 290-228

Then the American right will make Robespierre look civilized.

it's not a heavy fine, its 1k

>transparently rigged
That's not rigging, electors have the right to vote against their state's will.

It's probably going to happen. Hillary will still win yet. People won't be very happy about it, though.

Then Trump will be happy because this is the kind of revolution he thinks should happen in this situation

bgr.com/2016/11/09/trump-twitter-obama-election/

This is probably part of the reason why it is customary for the loosing candidate to concede the race once the votes are tallied.

At this point Hillary has already withdrawn her candidacy, so the risk is pretty small. In addition to that, I believer but am not entirely sure, many states have laws in place that force electors to cast their votes the way their supposed to.

Shillary conceded so theres literally no other candidate in contention.

Like if Pacquiao bailed on his fight with Mayweather and it turned out Mayweather was doping it doesn't mean pac becomes world champ.

not true, there have been somewhere near 130 faithless electors i believe.

that said, it's not going to happen. nobody is going to start a civil war over campaign rhetoric and a few babbies throwing a temper tantrum in another state.

The problem is that means 25 states aren't required by law, some of which Trump would've won.

Have any ever actually switched?

What the fuck is up with this board? I've had trouble posting since the election.

Arent the parties electors chosen by the party themsevles? ie. the Republican state electors are chosen by the RNC, so they're not gonna vote for hillary.

Then they'll get a civil war.

A gigantic amount switched during one of elections, more than 20 IIRC.

Are people getting a lot of posting errors?

This. she formally conceded. Before she did that, she was probably hoping for Moloch to pull through, but when she realised it was hopeless she went ahead and made the speech.

The best they could do is get Pence...but i'm not sure why anyone would do that

Tons, m8. Sup Forums has been fucked these last few days.

I'm also afraid, newspaper in Sweden just dropped an article that said it's possible that the electorates
will vote for Clinton and that it's fair if they do so because she won the popularity vote.
They are preparing for it to happen by pretending it's not a big deal and that it's the "right thing" to do.