Character Archetypes you love and wish you Saw more often

I’ll start
>Aloof, abrasive, arrogant character is actually not that bad of a guy and just acts like a jerk because of social maladaption and/or insecurity
>bonus points if as time goes on, his dickishness loses it’s edge and he acts closer to the other characters
>Super bonus points if he wields sorcerous or some sort of magical powers.

>character who's so amicable and friendly that they'll gladly help anyone, even somebody they know is a villain.

>Wisecracking russian gandmother

>Optomistic and hopeful orphan

>Dry, super fucking dry white dude

>Sexy french maid

>jolly old fat man

>the sanch panza latino

>The yuppie
>The junkie
>The mysterious neckbeard
>The black hacker actor
>The naturopath
>The pill head
>The dad
>The brother
>The sister
>The mother
>The pimp
>The paranoid schizophrenic
>Henchman
>More catholic and othrodox characters modeled after the lives of saints

Do you not read Ennis comics?

>A lazy dude that had it with his boss even though he simply did it once.

I do not recall having done so, why?

I'm not sure if you're joking or making a reference, but I agree with most of these

Most of his male characters are like that.

Cool, any recommendations?

>larger-than-life, scenery chewing extrovert protagonists
>evil future version of the hero who come from a potential "Bad End" timeline or the inverse where the villain is concerned
>mad scientists that alternate between moral alignments depending on how convenient circumstances favor towards their work
>spoiled, cowardly antagonists that set themselves up to get BTFO constantly for the audience's amusement
>female slapstick comic relief

Humourous big ham villains who are genuinely powerful and threatening when they want to be

>female slapstick comic relief

Any examples?

I don't know if there's a term for it, but when the main character lies about their true identity and poses as someone with real power for their own gain only to find that people start believing their bullshit. They become so entangled in their own web of lies that they become the very hero they impersonated not because of any selfish motive but to protect the innocent

Best example being Mifune's character in Seven Samurai

The only example I can think of is Mittens from Bolt.

Modern day character archetypes set in the past eg supercop in a medieval fantasy. What is your pic Op? .

>villain is fairly affable to his henchmen and partners
>villain is vengeful toward the heroes and actually has some reason to be
>villain scares the shit out of the heroes

Pic very related.

The Pic is just a picture of s Roman Legionnaire wearing sunglasses and goveknf an approving smile that I found on /tg/ a while back. Other than that, I have no clue.

I don’t know he name for it but i know what you are talking about and do very much enjoy it.

That is a very fun Archetype.

>Samuel Vimes
Not Sup Forums but excellent taste all the same.

>sleazy, boorish, obnoxious villain
>actually pretty badass

Hail, Brother!

Hitman
Preacher
The Boys
his Hellblazer run
Kev

I definitely can think of more but those are off the top of my head

bump so OP can see this

His Crossed run was also very good.

I don't really know about all that desu, it kind of seems strange

there are a few diskworld comics and guards guards! is one of them so Sam is technically Sup Forums though that is before he gets his shit together

Isn’t Crossed the Shadman of Comics, in that it’s garbage that relies on being edgy to be notable?

Bump

>immortal being is suicidal

>a messed up war veteran who's trying to adapt to a war-free environment
>a friendly and affable villain who's actually far scarier than any outright edgelord
>a slick, intelligent and manipulative but heroic and likable female character

Reminds me of Legionaries from Fallout New Vegas

>>Aloof, abrasive, arrogant character is actually not that bad of a guy and just acts like a jerk because of social maladaption and/or insecurity

The absolute best

Badass preachers. I just love people who deliver the word of God with a shotgun without being fanatics. Have them kill some vampires or whatever, but I love them.

Vicky from FOP, and the cat spy of other hartman cartoon.

The tragic, self-aware monster

Badass Zealots who can actually put their money where their mouth is are the absolute best.

80s action tough guy. Pic related was what I had on hand

>incredibly powerful character
>nothing seen so far could ever hope to make them sweat
>they're still reasonable, understanding and treat others fairly, with care and respect
>bonus points if they're the villain

>character is weak in a world where everyone important has some sort of power
>they only have their own wits and clever thinking to keep up
>they manage to outsmart much more powerful foes and pull through insurmountable odds with wits alone

Babs bunny
Kitty katswell
Coco bandicoot

To contribute something, how about reasonable hothead rookie? Tag from Rimba Racer.

>villain who isn't a hypocrite
>they will surrender if proven wrong

>villain who is a cult leader who isn't abusing his people (in obvious ways, at least. Subtle emotional manipulation is a must in running a cult)