Diane Nelson's private FB post about Geoff Johns

>I have lost (In Business)

>My best friend;

>My reality touchstone;

>My partner and positive reinforcement behind hard or controversial ideas;

>My resource in learning about the genre I now manage and how its fans think about what we do. The “insider” perspective I may miss;

>A buddy who shares the excitement and humility of forging new ground and thinking of new ways to tackle a challenging, maybe softening business. Someone who is confident in his knowledge and instincts but can remain open to hearing another idea.

>A confidant, with whom you can share the many ups and downs of our daily work, without wearing the hat of supervisor or supervisee. Someone with whom I can laugh. Someone with whom I can cry when it all feels bigger than it is.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2018/film/news/warner-bros-taps-walter-hamada-to-oversee-dc-films-production-exclusive-1202652878/
slashfilm.com/dc-movies-president/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Geoff died :(

Has Johns gone drunk with power?

Souce?

>my one sided story is sure to rile up people who love to be riled up and/or are looking for things to get mad about. im the victim boohoo
in a nutshell

I cant tell if this post sounds more like her cat died or her boyfriend left her.

I wonder if that ambiguity somehow relates to how lonely spinsters often fill their lives with cats in lieu of the men they could never land.

Also nice quads.

I go with cat. It works for Morrison

Johns is getting bald.

he's like fukken 50

this was always on the cards

Johns was severely overpromoted

he's being shitcanned because Justice League hasn't broken even and probably won't

source: even fukken Variety is saying it

most of them are probably in fear of their jobs now (except Diane Nelson, who isn't actually in charge of any movie shit, having been sidelined herself long ago) and it's likely to be brutal

DC Comics itself may be at risk if they don't get sales up; DC Entertainment can make just as much from merch, assuming the movies don't get any worse

>I have lost (In Business)

What the fuck. This sounds like he was fired.

He was.

What happened?

He hired Joss Whedon no? His punishment must be more severe.

>Sup Forums Fake News Network
>Everyone's getting fired! DC is going to be sold! Variety is reporting it!

>Reality
>Johns got a promotion after Wonder Woman that will movie him further from the comic side and is still working with the new movie boss.
>Actual Variety report: variety.com/2018/film/news/warner-bros-taps-walter-hamada-to-oversee-dc-films-production-exclusive-1202652878/

False-flagging Mouseketeers are everywhere. Stay vigilant, friends.

Berg and Johns thought Snyder's JL was too "dark" (read: not Marvel enough). They hired Whedon to reshoot the film for 100m more and all they got for it was a brutal BO and fan failure alienating even the people who enjoyed BvS.

Were they fucking? It sounds like they were fucking.

They we're Fucking right?

Actual Variety report: Johns's boss, the guy who hired him for his knowing about comic books, has been fired and replaced.

Johns is a dead man walking, nobody said anything about DC being sold except you, and "after Wonder Woman" was still "before Justice League", which if you'll read the Variety report, has not yet broken even on $650m despite the promises of producer... Geoff Johns. Not "executive producer", either: he was actually signing off on budget decisions.

He's gone, he just doesn't know it yet. Assuming OP isn't pulling that quote out of thin air, Johns or Nelson is already gone.

I can't imagine WB being happy with the reshoots at all. The film is the laughing stock of the Internet. I think Whedon's done aswell.

>He's gone, he just doesn't know it yet. Assuming OP isn't pulling that quote out of thin air, Johns or Nelson is already gone.
Right...

While I would be delighted to see Johns disappear altogether:
slashfilm.com/dc-movies-president/
>Walter Hamada, the executive behind New Line’s hugely successful horror hits like It and the Conjuring series, has been hired by Warner Bros. to save the day at its DC Films division.
>Geoff Johns remains in his (vaguely undefined) position as the president and chief creative officer of DC Entertainment
Toby Emmerich, the Warner Bros. president and chief content officer:
>I’m confident Walter and Geoff, working with our filmmaking partners, will deliver films that will resonate with both broad global audiences as well as DC fanboys and fangirls.

Well I thought It is pretty average movie, perhaps more engaging then the older version but that's that. Then again I don't enjoy horrors, I find them rather boring and uninteresting, never seen Conjuring.

The sad part of the article is reading praise for Johns' comics work in the comments.

Whoever signed off to reshoot Suicide Squad and JL needs to be fired and banned from Hollywood. Also comic people shouldn't involve themselves with filmmaking. They are out of their league.

Good I'm glad the stupid bitch is suffering.

Didnt he literally just get promoted?

Johns is still like the second or third best writer at dc.

>Johns is still like the second or third best writer at dc.

Name your top 5

Why not both?

Doesn't matter if he is. Comic people should not be involved in the making of comic book films. Even good comic book writers look extremely poor when compared to any decent writer. Let the people who know film make film.

uh? No, not at all. that's not what she is saying. The fuck is your problem. Fuck, it was from her private FB, it was not even supposed to be seen.

Days a lot about DC's writers.

>Bendis
>Bendis?
>Bendis
>Oh Bendis
>Yeah Bendis

>Didnt he literally just get promoted?
If you get promoted and your FIRST project is a colossal failure on the level of Justice League, it's not surprising to get replaced.

Sup Forums gossips more than my nosy aunt.

Seriously they spread the dumbest shit but tje worst are the dumb anons who believe it.

>alienating even the people who enjoyed BvS.
So like five people

>justice league being a failure is gossip

>not believing fake news
user...

Hi Ladderbro!

johns got hairplugs back in 2014 you dummies.

Go fuck yourself Diane

Johns was already going bald. His hairline was pretty bad.
It's why he got hair plugs a couple years ago.