Do we have any strong opinions on Duke Thomas, his role in the Bat-family, or this issue in general?

Do we have any strong opinions on Duke Thomas, his role in the Bat-family, or this issue in general?

a pointless addition that will be poochi'ed very quickly

Good issue, unnecessary character. Hoping he blacks a slew of women with fanbases multiple times larger than his own beforing fading into irrelevance.

I hate Snyder and Tynion so much.
That's my strong opinion on the issue.

Will be relegated to Tec until that book is inevitably relaunched to go back to basics

Dick is vanilla
Jason is edgy
Tim is smartsmart
Damian is Son
Duke is black

really hoping he does not get the Batwing treatment.

Jason isn't edgy anymore.

Why? I find them pretty enjoyable

Should have been Nightwing's sidekick

Somebody is eventually gonna think they have a hot ticket idea and put out a Batwing and the Signal book to massive sales apathy but much back-patting

i think he could have some staying power if they stick to the whole Gotham day hero concept. I thought that was a pretty cool concept.

>Should have been Nightwing's sidekick
No.

damian is cringe

Why not?

Nightwing's sidekick is Damian.(and his son )

He won't be immediately poochied like Harper Row was. It'll probably take a few years for him to fade, like Orpheus and Onyx. Remember them?

lol literally who?

I miss Harper Row, she was cool.

Snyder and Patrick actually wrote that Duke has trained longer with Bruce than all of the other Bat Senpai members.

Let that sink in.

I like the suit, but The Signal is a terrible name.

Relative to all the sons, he's the edgy one

Ah Batwing you were good for like 6 issues and then you exploded

Sean Murphy gave us a better Duke Thomas in one issue than Snyder has in his current Batman run.

Jason and Damian are both lame and should not have been introduced

Lame >> Tim Drake Wayne.

Duke is a discount Tim Drake with extra Tumblr points for diversity.Do not get me started on Harper Row and the abomination to the Robin anniversary that was B and R: Eternal.
Tim Drake More boring than hated.

I liked him in We Are Robin more than the rest of his appearances. Frankly I wish that would've continued.

He's basically Static Shock that works in Gotham during the day. It's an interesting idea.

I dont care enough to have an opinion about him. He is wallpaper to me

>his role in the Bat-family
literally the house-nigger

Duke already lives in Gotham instead of Africa so he won't be replaced.

Some of the war kids show up in the signal issue

>Tim is smartsmart
tim is gary stu

My opinions on the Batfamily range from dislike to disinterest to passive appreciation.
Duke falls right in the 2nd option for me. I simply cannot bring myself to care about him.

As someone who hates Duke due his origin as Snyder's pet, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that his legal guardian was his cousin.

The less he is tied to Bruce and Batfamily the better.

We'll bitch about it no matter what since "muh Bat-family have too much members!"

First issue was nice though, nothing that to scream miracle but still

I like the fact that Batman said Lark is a soft name when for years and years his main ally was called Robin

According to Cass:

Dick is the heart
Jason the muscle
Tim the head

That shit is so dumb

canon

Damian is definitely the edgiest.

Duke should honestly never left the Robin's gang. He should of reformed the gang into a Youth Group of concerned teens and young adults in Gotham who look up to the Robin persona. Helping kids study, learn skills, self defense, watch after them, and shelter them. He would be the in between to the Batfamily and normal people, instead of joining the Batfamily Strike force, he could be bringing real change to normal people in Gotham.

I hate Duke and Harper row, and its incredibly obnoxious how hard snyder pushes these shit charters that are completely unnecessary.

Even worse that he actually acknowledges that int the first few pages of this book.

Oynx still makes random appearances out of nowhere (she showed up in Lemire's Green Arrow run last). Orpheus on the other hand...

I feel bad about Orpheus, he was bro-tier compared to the new diversity hires.

Orpheus got a real raw deal. An interesting premise (basically working within the underworld to undo it) could have lead to some interesting stories.

Instead, he's fodder to make Black Mask look better, and unlike Spoiler nobody cared enough about him, and wasn't brought back.

Her canon opinion. Whoopdi-fucking-doo.

Wasn't Dick the soul and Jason the heart? I might be wrong on this, my memory is shit.

what did cass say damian was

Damian wasn't in that book

Snyder is self-aware about how unnecessary his existence is, it's literally the first page of his book.
He somehow believes this justifies that he created a character only to milk those sweet sweet royalties.

Dick is a faggot