What prevented this show from achieving greatness?

what prevented this show from achieving greatness?

>Implying it didn't already achieve greatness

adults

Nothing. It did.

It contains a memetic agent that only effects adults making it not very memorable. Curiously man children aren't effected.

Whelp...it was a fun show back when.

i'll rephrase.

what stopped this 9/10 show from being a 10/10?

Nothing.
It lasted several seasons, got a TV movie, a crossover with Billy and Mandy, got a proper ending and a whole slew of fans craving every bit of content when it was on the air.

Shame will never get a Blue Ray release

This.

I don't know why people wanted Galactic KND when the original series had a long run AND a proper sendoff.

It did though

They only reason it doesn't get more regonition is because it debuted before internet fandom became widespread.

Lizzie. Also Numbuh 86 Being too antagonistic and bitchy to be redeemable. I mean there’s being a hard-ass, and then there’s just being a cunt. But mostly Lizzie.

Literally the only good thing about this show was 2x4 technology, and the design of the world.

All of the characters and writing sucked. There's not a single story this show told, or relationship, that I can remember, or care to.

Adults.

>KND is one of the lesser talked about 2000's shows despite having MUH LORE and all that good stuff people eat up today
>On hindsight actually did incredibly well even if little talk or merch or any semblance of remembering it today makes it seem it didn't despite having PPG and Spongebob level of promotion
That's pretty weird.

Teen Titans & Batman: TAS are getting Blu-Ray releases, so don't be too pessimistic.

>All of the characters and writing sucked. There's not a single story this show told, or relationship, that I can remember, or care to.
Looks like we got a teen here.

TT was made in HD. TAS was made in the analog era, so it can be made HD (looks like shit though).

Pretty sure KND is stuck with SD.

It was a terrible and stupid concept. And now it's being re-utilized in Twelve Forever. Shows about stupid ass brats who never want to grow up are annoying as early as the stupid Peter Pan fairy tale. Anyone who tries to pitch this concept should be spayed and neutered with no anesthetic.

Fucking adults are going all out tonight.

>Shows about stupid ass brats who never want to grow up are annoying as early as the stupid Peter Pan fairy tale.
The original story was all about how being a emotionally stunted kid forever is fucked up and everyone has to grow up sometimes.

Shit son, even the Disney film had remnants of this core moral to it even if they had to dumb it down a little.

yeah I wonder if KND missed something important; on the surface level it should be enshrined in today's pop culture.

there has to be some explanation

To learn to cope with growing up is to learn to cope with death. That's actually really fucking hard for a lot of people.

Kids stopped seeing adults and other authority figures as the enemy.

Or at least adults and authority figures stopped being portrayed as the enemy in children's entertainment and advertisement.

It's really weird, maybe it's because it got pulled too much to the wacky cartoony side, but imo that was part of the charm. A more serious story like Teen Titans wouldn't fit at all.

>Literally the only good thing about this show was 2x4 technology, and the design of the world.
>Literally the only good thing about this show was 95% of the show

Seriously though I liked the characters, and in retrospect, it's really nice how the KND were "diverse" and filled a bunch of checkboxes that modern activists won't shut up about today.

No Galactic:KND sequel

>it's really nice how the KND were "diverse" and filled a bunch of checkboxes that modern activists won't shut up about today.
they did it pretty seamlessly too imo. no cringe-inducing "let me teach you about your privilege" episode, the kids seemed like they would naturally be friends and didn't feel grafted into the group, and details about their cultural backgrounds were revealed overtime in the series, without making it the focus of the show.
In retrospect, this is an underrated aspect of the show. Plus, the relationships the characters had with one another, the adults and their actions, and the KNDverse were all really well done.

It did. Although I'm sure if it had a more cutsey artstyle that's popular these days it would been more popular.

looking back on it, KND's artstyle is pretty cutesy