Today is Remembrance Day, and friends are posting this song on facebook etc

Today is Remembrance Day, and friends are posting this song on facebook etc.
It's a modern day, hip-hop rendition of a folk-song written about the Vietnam war.

youtube.com/watch?v=ns82tHhJOr0

It is pure, unadulterated blasphemy.
I know what they were trying to do, contemporarise it, bring the story to another generation. But what, does this "next generation" need to be fucking spoon-fed? Can't hear a story that's told in the traditional folk song manner that has served our culture for hundreds of years because suddenly anything that isn't rap isn't good enough? Since 1998 all you hear on the radio is this angry, egotistical rap from a disaffected subculture on the other side of the world, that differs radically not just in its musical presentation, but in the values it represents, of egotism, chest-puffing, material aspirations, immature, emotional displays and violence? That's the only bottle you can drink from now, is it, you degenerate generation of brats? Fuck off. Just fuck off. This song marks another step on the descent downwards, the devolution and dillution of our culture, our values, of OURSELVES. I am disgusted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY
youtube.com/watch?v=7SY5D3USfHU
youtube.com/watch?v=QaqpoeVgr8U
youtube.com/watch?v=Kqba0IUdiBk
twitter.com/Marion_M_Le_Pen/status/736978244402962433?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For the record, this is the original song. No covers or fucking remakes required.

youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY

Back in school our class had to listen to both.

Everyone preferred the original. the hip hop shit is yet another boomer "we're hip with the kids".

boomers are such fucking cucks

Song always makes me sad.

Also, checked.

Checking in for Remembrance Day, Remembrance Day is really important for my family.

youtube.com/watch?v=7SY5D3USfHU

As an Australian soldier, this rendition of the song doesn't sit well with me.

But if a Rap group will cover it to get the message out so be it.

Lest we forget.

Fun fact, we still use those radio handsets.

>as an Australian soldier
You mean "as a proud feminist"

What do you mean?

Please elaborate?

>Remember Gallipoli
>Get sad
>Remember North Africa where based Aussies were too
>Get sad

youtube.com/watch?v=QaqpoeVgr8U

oh that cunt.

You are assuming one soft cunt who was about to retire represents the ADF.

Everyone hates him.

not aussie but still good
youtube.com/watch?v=Kqba0IUdiBk

twitter.com/Marion_M_Le_Pen/status/736978244402962433?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

May it stay important to your family, canuck, before the shrills tell us we must forget this glorification of a while-male war

The 17 year old girl who applied for general officer during my interview literally (literally) watched John green youtube videos while waiting for her interview. the other girl was obese. both passed.

These are the kinds of people who will be bossing you around. Not enlisting was the best choice I ever made.

Get fucked

I agree.

This was never a celebration nor a glorification, it is a somber reminder of the live lost to give the freedom to their serving country.

They gave the lefties the right to complain, that they were given the right to complain.

does that make sense?

HEAR THEM WHISPER
VOICES FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Just stick with some WW1 shit. Like The Band Played Waltzing Matilda.

youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY

Don't know why they're playign Redgum.

Lol you are in NSW as well. It must have been apart of our syllabus in year 9, 10 or 11.

Im not sorry you are angry at me.

Personally Joining the ADF was a great decision.

The mateship, the respect and the comradery I have with my fellow soldiers is one of the things I value most.

Yep, makes sense.
And they love the right to complain, as long as only they are allowed to complain. It's when other people complain that they get upset.

My cousin ships out tomorrow, my family will be observing a moment of silence today for her and everyone else. God bless