What did Sup Forums think of The Animatrix?

What did Sup Forums think of The Animatrix?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0K6Cb1ZoG4
youtube.com/watch?v=jNiO2sTe2wo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey remember how that guy got ripped out of that power armor?

I wish it had inspired copycats, but importing anime is cheaper and less hassle than getting Americans to write cartoons.

I think you're on the wrong board

Visually compelling, but the world and backstory of The Matrix has always been some real retarded fuckin' bullshit. Still worth a watch for the spectacle, though.

I thought it was okay. Second Renaissance and World Record are my personal favorites and is what got me into Takeshi Koike.

Wait, this is the wrong board? Fuck, okay.

Kill yourself, cranky.

Some good shorts, some bad ones. I think it's generally agreed upon that it was better than some animated anthologies and worse than others.

>half the shorts were made by americans
>Sup Forums

Kids Next Door did it better.

whats 2nd renaissance?

Gold. I always end up watching some on jewtube.

two very good world building stories

youtube.com/watch?v=L0K6Cb1ZoG4

youtube.com/watch?v=jNiO2sTe2wo

Only two actually.

Better than Matrix 2 and 3 by a metric fuckton.

>whats 2nd renaissance?
Oh come on.

I love the Animatrix better than all 3 films combined, including the ridiculously overrated first one. Program and World Record are by far my favorites. I've always been a Yoshiaki Kawajiri fanboy, though, and Takeshi Koike is a criminally underused anime director. His Redline is a masterpiece of insanity.

>humans nearly wipe out all life on earth because they just can't stand the thought of some robots being able to just exist on their own
>robots still let them live and allow them to have their own little worlds where they can be happy
Why the fuck were we supposed to root for the humans in the movies again?

I know what you mean mate, actual spoilers:
robots are literally the reason why humans arent extinct in this case

I liked when they beat up that sexbot. please post gif

You mean 2nd Renaissance Plus Some Other Shorts No One Cares About? It was cool. Better than the sequels.

It did inspire one

igtr

Second Renaissance especially is great. I know explaining the backstory kind of ruins the mystique of the entire story, but it is still very interesting.

>Why the fuck were we supposed to root for the humans in the movies again?
Because the descendants of idiots are not necessarily idiots themselves?

>Because the descendants of idiots are not necessarily idiots themselves?
Kangs prove that indeed, the descendants of idiots are idiots as well.