What made seasons 1-3 of Spongebob so memorable? Even watching them now...

What made seasons 1-3 of Spongebob so memorable? Even watching them now, every episode has well-written jokes with near perfect timing and delivery. How did they do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8EvnM2XUTI
youtube.com/watch?v=MiKuhfDjims
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stephen Hillenburg.

·Great Animation
·Lighthearted Humor and Fun
·Extremely Memorable Quotes
·Great writing.
·And Sensei Hillenburg

These are the things that made the series the face of Nick back in the early days.

A) Nostalgia
B) Likeable characters
C) Silly enough for Nickelodeon without being immature
D) Storyboard-driven show done correctly (even though some people like S9-present, they’ve changed the writing process to script-based, making it feel like movements and reactions are tacked on)

*seasons 2-3

S1 was boring trite.

>1997-2003

well we were between 7 and 13 years old
nick's target audience
also FUCK YEAH ZOOBOOKS
youtube.com/watch?v=S8EvnM2XUTI

In the early seasons, I think they always had a "keep things interesting" approach to nearly everything. Not every early episode was great, but because almost every scene of those episodes *tried* to be interesting, there are so many gems. It's "The Beatles" effect, basically.

Animation is largely how Spongebob tried and succeeded in being interesting. Most other things were logical extensions of trying to be visually interesting -- not visually busy, but using a mostly simple art style to guide the eye with some great precision.

The Idiot Box is my all-time fav episode.

>S1 was maximum comfy
Fixed.

For me it's the one where SpongeBob and Patrick were raising the baby scallop

Can we agree that this is the best episode?

I'll always remember the first time I saw that episode. I was watching it with my brother and at the end when it cuts away just before "revealing" the secret ingredient he thought I changed the channel and got super pissed.

There are several candidates for best episode
>Krusty Krab Training Video
>Idiot Box
>Band Geeks
>Shanghaied
>Pizza Delivery
>Chocolate With Nuts
>Wet Painters
>Help Wanted
>Frycook Games

id still say band geeks and frycook games are tied in first.

it's way too hard to choose.

it all just comes down to personal preference 2bh

youtube.com/watch?v=MiKuhfDjims
Look at the comments on this video. What's the deal with so many people having been creeped out by the closing theme when they were kids?

I don't know why people think it's creepy, but for me it always held a kind of nostalgia and it always makes me a bit sad hearing it.

Because the YouTube comments are scared of everything, especially the truth and normal human behaviour.

no

Any episode where Squidward gets shit on for trying to fuck with Spongebob and Patrick undeserving-ly are the best episodes. These include Idiot Box, Snowball Effect, Camping Episode, and Club Spongebob with the magic conch shell.

When I was younger I had DVDs/VHSs of the series, I usually watched them when going to bed, when the music played I knew the DVD/VHS was almost over, and when it was the screen went black and I was scared of the dark, I associated that music with when my room went pitch black, I wasn't worried about monsters or the music fucking me in the asshole when I slept, I just didn't like how quiet and dark it got

>Okie-dokie then!
>Arrgh, a pirate doesn't say "okie-dokie then" a pirate says arrgh!
>okie-dok- I mean arrgh! Cap'n Krabs

>Status report Mr. Squarepants?
>The whole ship is underwater Cap'n!
>arrgh

I want to fuck the Nickelodeon Fish.

Its in a weird key, the ukulele is out of tune, and just a liiitle off tempo. With the colorful beach visual context of the show it comes off as lazy/relaxing. But without that I could see it as a little creepy.

No way! much too mean spirited!