Hey can we uhhhhhhhhh get rid of boob armor?

and i mean in every fictional setting like fantasy, scifi, etc but here are two prime examples:

these are both………… pretty weird. i get that wonder woman’s outfit has been the same since 1941 but she still serves as a good example, and idek what’s going on with valkyrie. a lot of people praise this for being “feminine but functional” but this still means there’s some armor smith out there carefully molding breastplates to fit each individual boob.

vs. real life armor on women

there you go, some real women wearing real armor made for real combat situations. now listen, i’ve worn this and yeah—– this shit’s functional. and no, it doesn’t squish your boobs in, no matter what you’re doing. it actually fits quite snugly despite how it looks. see how no effort was made to have individual boobs poke through? that’s because that shit ain’t necessary. in fact the breast molding would be pretty terrible for your rib cage

at least star wars got this one right

Gwendoline Christie is a perfect example of someone who plays two characters who are female warriors Brienne from GoT and Captain Phasma from Star Wars and they have armor that is protective and functional and armor doesn’t have to be sexy.

>>Gwendoline Christie is a perfect example of someone who plays two characters who are female warriors Brienne from GoT and Captain Phasma from Star Wars and th
desu she has no tits so......

No. Fuck you.

Carl Manvers

We should be completely realistic and have women stop fighting in fiction.

In real life women wouldn't be fighting and there wouldn't be God's so if you're saying it's unrealistic to have boob armor then maybe you shouldn't be watching anything in fiction

I want to drop some common sense on you real quick op.

Fiction =/= Fact

If boob armor and bare skin bothers you on super heroes so much, stop focusing on them and read/watch something else

That's because she couldn't be sexy even in spandex.
Much like you, I bet.

I'm gonna take this bait.
Neither of those are really...Armor though. I mean it's not like Clark or Batman's outfits aren't also molded to their pecks and skin tight.

Fuck off.

If you're bitching about boob plate as impractical in fantasy art and not those insane pauldrons WoW popularized, you don't really care about the practicality of the designs, you just have a bone to pick with any perceived sexualization.

>talking shit about my waifu for laifu
No!

That's a dude, dude

The ancient greeks had a tradition of modeling pectorals onto armor meant for males because they had an obsession with the nude form and muscle structure. Which of course means their successor states, which compose most of western culture, either used similar or took inspiration from it at one point or another. The other main thing being that similar interests in physicality were one of the main reasons skintight clothing became prevalent at so many points in history, culminating in the classical strongman aesthetic that superheroes and classic science fiction borrow their aesthetic from.

These genres are not military fiction. They're very clearly based on cultural traditions that have a strong foundation. Wonder Woman is not a rank and file soldier, she's a heroic figure representing a set of ideals going back to the original greeks and modified through the ages. You can say the same for any other figure in that genre. Science Fiction is based even more strongly on that idea, to the point where until George Lucas did his thing most sci fi was based on goodly empires and kingdoms and ideals clearly based on set points of history.

If you want to get rid of about three thousand years of cultural base for your sensibilities, either pick up a pencil and make your own shit or fuck off.

No. We should leave artists to do whatever they want with their designs, as long as they're good.

You just want to start shit.

Except the original OT Trooper armor had molded tits on it for both genders and nobody cared.

Phasmas armor is that way because J.J. is a hack who's aesthetics are based on smooth ipod bullshit rather than practicality or function.

Boobplate isn't just silly. It actually channels the force of blows inwards and makes weakpoints.

And is silly. Armor isn't form fitting. You would wear padding, which neutralizes the figure. Not that either of the pics are particularly well endowed.

Hey can you uhhhhhhhh learn how to capitalize words?
Dumb cunt.

Stop injecting your horrible realism fetish into everything

>hey can we uhhhhhhhhh get rid of boob armor?

I know boob armor isn't realistic, but if you can accept wizards, dragons, lightsabres and death stars, you can deal with boob armor.

honestly I always thought boob plates look retarded too
it's totally fine if you like them

>Muh realism
Eat a dick. Stop being afraid of the female form

>/tg/

>complains about boob armor
>ignores cock armor

Jeez, double standards much?

>armor that is protective and functional and armor doesn’t have to be sexy.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you lost me.

Mother Above, I love Gwendoline Christie.

>star wars
>based on practicality or function
Try taking a break from the JJ hate and read that retarded shit you just wrote there.

I really like this picture of her.