Archie Comics- Eggman's Dozen storytime

Apologies for the delay, I promised I would story time this and that I shall. This is just a reminder storytime of what will be left behind once the new Sonic comics start publishing due to Pender's bullshit. Without further a do, we begin

Eggman truly is a looker, eh?

I'll be inserting commentary from time to time so tell me if you want me to stop. Would you Carrotia?

captcha has now started, expect minor delays

Now begins the introduction of the Egg-bosses, isn't Thunderbolt such a loyal, FAT subordinate.

I love basically any time Metal Sonic appears in the reboot. They do a good job at ensuring his appearances are actually worth a damn unlike before where there were a billion metal sonics.

Forgot to add this for each of their appearences
From the Midesta: Nephthys the Vulture, with the power of secrets
From Northamer: Clove the Pronghorn, with the power of spite
From Soumerca: Thunderbolt the Chinchilla with the power of adoration
From the Skies: Battle Lord Kukku XV, with the power of hatred
From the Northern Oceans: Akhlut the orca, with the power of sadism
From the Southern Oceans: Abyss the Squid, with the power of greed
Plus he has the bonus of feeling like an actual seperate and unique character

I really want to like Naugus but he's pretty lame. Fairly fun, but lame. It's funny to see Eggy deal with other struggles outside of Sonic though.

From the Artika: Tundra the Walrus with the power of pride
From Eurish: Mordred Hood, with the power of cowardice
From Efrika: Axel the Water Buffalo, with the power of superior egg engineering
Which Naugus by the way? And also yes, i's very entertaining to see Eggman dealing with other threats to his position as ruler of the Egg Empire

From Yurashia: Conquering Stom, with the power of domination
And from Tralius: Maw the Thylacine, with the power of advancement
Also change Nepthys from secrets to survival

Together they form, CAPTAIN OMLET

Intermission time, what do you guys think so far, which Egg boss is your favorite, and how would you see them showing up in more popular media?

Clove really stands out, in part because of the focus she was already given in the main series. Everyone does kind of shine in their own way though, and outside of the obvious (Thunderbolt) I'd love to have seen more of Tundra and his unhealthy relationship with Rotor. His design is cool and I like how he's a WEAK SHOULD FEAR THE STRONG type of asshole.

Nice choices, all of them really stand out to me. I think one of the ways they could've really stuck around would've been if they appeared in a game, that's immortalization for Sonic characters.
Also intermission over, now starting part 2 of 4

I really like the way Walter appears in this page, it really makes him stand out.

This page does a really good job at showing off what all of them are like without actually saying much

The 2 best and fucked up pages of this entire comic, any dissenters?

did they just have MS use that one thing that afaik was only in SA2B battle mode?

I do not know, sorry

Also I take back what I said, I now remember that Akhlut is my favorite. How fucking brutal do you think the off screen war was?

contrast

Fun fact: Mordred Hood does not have any arms nor legs, they're atually a 'gift' from Eggman. Also Conquering Storm probably burns down villages and is probably Genghis Motherfucking Khan.

Another fun fact: For some reason the Babylon Rogues work for Kukku and are villains instead of being anti-heroes.

I fucking love Kukku.

You better, the lord of the skies is no ordinary pigeon. Also you'll love him even more in part 3

best pair

>"I was a terror of the deep long before Eggman showed up"

Stuff like this would've been great to explore upon had the entire series not been cancelled.

For some reason, the bear seems like the least dangerous one you would want to fight, why? The other two will probably take you in alive

Out of all the funny thing in these two short panels, why the fuck does Eggman eat caramel hard boiled eggs?

And that is Part 2, another intermission. So what do you all think so far, any interesting thoughts and observations?

The loss of these characters for the IDW comic is disappointing.

At least Kukku is probably safe to use.

I'm just waiting for the Sonic 06 page.

I didn't know that Kukku is probably safe
Also we're continuing with part 3

Axel, a true bro who gives words of wisdom

Current situation: It's all fucked and I fear that wolf

>I didn't know that Kukku is probably safe
Kukku is a Sega character. He was in Tails Adventure for Game Gear.

If IDW/Sega insisted on a focus on or only game characters, Kukku could be a good break from Eggman in the comics if they wanted.

SUPREME MOTHER FUCKER, HIS BOMBS ARE PERFECTION
BATTLE LORD KUKKU, YOU BEST NOT FORGET IT
Best page in the comic

those dubs are proof of his perfection

apologies for all the constant commentary by the way, I just feel like putting them in just for fun

Don't believe in the Axel that believes in Eggman, but believe in the Eggman that believes he will break you all if you keep fucking this up!

MAXIMUM SUCC, also the art in this last panel is superb

Wally, such an idiot that he forgot to notice the giant retcon

PEPSI CRYSTAL

There's a nice hidden joke there with Akhlut and Thunderbolt

And part 3 is done, I will continue part 4 tomorrow, I need sleep.

Good night user, thanks for the storytime! Eggman's Dozen is probably my favorite story in all of Archie Sonic, so I'm always happy for an excuse to re-read it.

>Would you Carrotia?
Yes. And the edit too.

Yes. The black shield that negated the projectile specials but not the time stops.

squid
a
keet

>Perfection
Fuckking hell I love him already

Was this ever finished, or were all Sonic series cancelled before it could?

Abyss is kind of disappointingly bland, though.

Isn't they origin here that they were members of his army and decided to ditch him?

It's pretty great that Ian connected the Armada to the #deeplore from Riders.

I love that "Oh, I've wasted my life" face on the monster.

just look at that bun

Sonic Archie was canceled after end of unleashed ark, this subark was finished.

>Carrotia in that last pannel

Yeah, Nu252 Metal Sonic had both the Black Shield from SA2, but also the Burst Shield from Sonic CD. ...not sure how he decided which to use.

Were they not allowed to use Eggman's classic design, and thus only really showed his face or did it just work out that way? I could have sworn he wore it in in a flashback in one of the earlier reboot issues.