Overrated or Underrated?

I'm not a Marvelfag (DChad) can someone school me on this guy, all I know is that he's the leader of the Xmen. What's his power level, could he solo Captain America?

the first thing you should know is it's bullshit that Marvel street level heroes are comparable to Batman.

Batman is a human, with plot armor, but human physical abilities.

Captain America once was like Batman, but all the 2000s he has been pretty much a superhuman with an unbrakable shield that acts pretty much as a throwable unbreakable force field boomerang that always returns.

In the 80s Cyclops would have beaten Captain America with little problem, and he would still beat Batman, but he cant beat Captain America nowadays.

In DC Cyclops would be too weak for the Justice League, but too strong for a Street Level hero. I think the same applies to many many Marvel heroes. Though they may want him as a kind of team leader-general-officer. He would be a good replacement for Amanda Waller.

>could he solo cap?
depends on the terrain

diaperfaggotry is definitely overrated

a grown man should be able to not shit himself, mutant or not mutant

Marvelfag here, he fucking sucks, he is a meme, only Sup Forums fags like him cause he's a boring uptight nerd with a bad haircut like they are

>the first thing you should know is it's bullshit that Marvel street level heroes are comparable to Batman.

You mean like....Daredevil and Moon Knight and The Punisher? Because that seems reasonable to me. Captain America is not "street level"

He is always right.

He should really be able to borderline one-shot him if can get past the shield, which really shouldn’t be that hard, considering that he’s viewed as a tactical genius within the universe. However, Cap is more popular and would probably be the favored winner for most writers due to the cool factor of “enhanced strength” and “martial arts”.

What comic is that pic from?

That's cool and all but why couldn't he just do that every other time they fought sentinels?

Collateral damage?

Too much property destruction?

He is more right than Captain America.

doesn't feel like it

the x-men thrive on manufactured drama

I think Cyclops and Cap are the same level of "tactical genius" when it comes to aiming their shield/eye beams.

If Cyclops had an eye surgically removed could you make a gun out of it?

>could he solo captain america
Lol no. The X-Men aren't shit outside of Jean and the Professor. Spiderman schooled them all at the same time

Would be cooler if he made a sword or Batton out of it, like a lightsaber but with the eye instead of that crystal shit

God I would kill for when Scott comes back he and Steve have a good long talk over a game of pool

A sword that was punching you as it was cutting you?

He managed to stagger Hulk bend on total destruction in World War Hulk.

Yes, Sinister has a gun that uses cloned Cyclops eyes as ammo.

>You of all people I know deserve to be buttfucked in the pussy

Like a lot of the X-Men, Cyclops doesn't have full control over his powers due to mental issues (lack of self-esteem, mostly). His eyes basically contain permanently open portals to a dimension of pure kinetic energy. If he ever got full control, he could probably open and close those portals at will anywhere within his line of sight. That would make him OP as fuck, though.

Rogue is kind of in the same boat. With full control of her powers, she can touch people without draining them and also choose powersets from anyone she's ever drained before. You end up with "Peter Petrelli" syndrome, where she can do anything and everything and it makes having a team pointless... ala Superman in Justice League.

Cyclops has brain damage user.

>Cyclops has brain damage user.
Read Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men. Emma's powers are impressive, but she didn't cure brain damage...

>Cap: I was wrong, Scott. The whole damn thing wouldn't have escalated if I just--
>Cyclops: Hah! Look at this. Captain America, wrong about something........don't beat yourself up too much, Steve. I was just as bad. I just....god, I just wanted to protect us...to not have anymore massacres, Genoshas...no more losses. Instead..
>Cap: Lost our way a bit?
>Cyclops: Yeah.
>Cap: Scott...you've always been one of the best. Logan talked you up, in his roundabout way. Said if there's any man to fight for and with, it's you.
>Cyclops: Beast said similar about you.
>Cap: Yet we tried to punch the other's head in.
>Cyclops: Well you know what they say about similar people.
>Cap: Well, this time I rather actively try to go about it a different way this time, Scott. Maybe not the same as it was--
>Scott: No. Better. Let's see if we make our dreams into reality....Maybe not now, but for tomorrow. A world where we're ALL free......*Holds out hand*
>Cap: *Shakes hand* ....from hatred and and those that would do any of us harm. Together, we'll fight for that tomorrow.

Based

Cringe.
Cap doesn’t acknowledge the secret empire stuff as his own fault. He’d say someone used his name and image to cause others misery and would applogize for that. Also Cyke would throw a huge tantrum instead of being this chill and easygoing.

astonishing xmen 33

I'm talking about AvX.

>Batman is a human, with plot armor, but human physical abilities.
Arguable.

Except for Cyclops he has perfect geometry as his secondary mutation.

>tfw he will be dead forever
x-cucks BTFO

As much as I hate cucklops they will bring him back to boost sales. Look how many new x comics are replacing the cancelled comics. By the end of 2018 everything will be x comics.

Spider Man is bullshit. He soloed The Hulk

You only need to know that he was right.

Nah
They won't he is mutant Hitler

Disney will wank mutant hitler as long as it brings them money.

He's coming back in Pheonix Ressurection. He was a host

Nah, how would they bring him back?

cyclops is my favourite x man i think him and the rest of the original team need more respect. but back to cyclops hes basically professor x's right hand man

See this

Only Jean is coming back

Hahahaha

Everyone is coming back. ResurreXtion

>Everyone
Who?

Jean, Xavier, wolverine are all back. Only scott is left which is OBVIOUSLY be back with Jean at the end of phoenix resurrection

It's not Xavier, it's Legion or evil Xavier

Trust me fampai. Everyone will be back.

Child soldier groomed since his early teenage years to be the leader of a paramilitary team of superhumans. Expert strategist, top-tier martial artist, and can super-punches out of his eyes. He's pretty comparable to Cap. About equal in terms of fighting skill and leadership/strategizing. Cap is physically stronger and faster, but Cyclops makes up for it with his optic blasts.

Collatoral damage. If he takes off his visor and goes full blast, he can let out an insanely powerful blast from his eyes, but he doesn't have any way to control its trajectory or anything. It's just a big fucking aoe blast that destroys everything infront of him. Not exactly ideal if you're trying to minimize property damage or keep anyone nearby from getting hurt. If there was a mutant hiding in one of those trees trying to avoid the sentinel for example, that mutant would probably be dead. He needed to wait for Colossus and Wolverine to get behind him to do it.

I think Capt PunchForce would beat Capt Murica

>What's his power level, could he solo Captain America?
Mimic was able to one-shot Captain America using the power he borrowed from Cyke, and powers borrowed by Mimic are always significantly less powerful than the original.

Captain America is a brilliant fighter and tactician with peak-human physique, but Cyclops is an only slightly less brilliant fighter and tactician who can level buildings just by looking at them.

What? No, man, it's very clearly Xavier. I mean shit, they even mention Legion in the issue and one of the X-men goes "I know David Haller. This definitely isn't him." Yes, it's Evil Xavier, but only in-so-far as Xavier himself is evil half the time anyways. It's still just Xavier though. Just that it's Xavier after having been influenced by the Shadow King so he's in full asshole mode, which isn't that out of the ordinary for him.

There's a reason Cyclops kicked him out of the school and gave him no leadership positions of any kind in Utopia.

Cyclops is a great tactician, roughly on the same level as Cap (arguably Cap is better, but not by a huge margin), but you can't really compare their aiming skills.

Cap's shield aiming is a learned skill. He's extremely good, but no more than that. Cyke's eyebeam aiming is an inborn talent and part of his mutation. He doesn't even really have to try to hit ridiculous shots, his mutant brain calculates that shit on autopilot.

really?
scott should know he wouldn't be able to fucking stop hulk, even at max power.

This was back when he was still fanatically loyal to Xavier, and Hulk was coming to annihilate Xavier's boypussy.

still, you would think the whole team would be needed, especially after showing the world "i fucked blackbolt, im cumming for you"

I miss him

He’ll be back soon

Err he's a superhero

WWH was bullshit and should have been stopped by any number of heroes. Contrary to his own meme he is not the strongest there is. Normally Cyclops should at least knock out Hulk.

never ever

Hulk's whole deal is and has been for a very long time that he is the strongest one there is, and there is no meaningful upper limit to his strength.

>he is the strongest one there is
Uh. But he isn't and never was. He just said it, doesn't make it so

Today I will remind them

He literally has no upper limit to how angry he can get, and the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets.

>nu-uh

great well Cyclops has never been married either, he just said he was and none of the fucking interminable wedding issues the X-Men had over the years makes a difference because none of those marriages were properly registered with the authorities

you want to play dick waving

so let's play

He's a better hero and more interesting character than Cap, plus he's a better leader.

Nah... get ready. Medusa will be gradually cast in the role of Hitler. You'll start seeing more popular characters saying "Cyclops was right." Now that they don't need to devalue all mutants, they'll want to raise the stock of the rightest motherfucker ever to walk the face of the earth.

Of course, you'll lose the delicious irony of the fact that the more they tried to paint him as mutie Hitler, the more right he seemed, but that's a small price to pay to have him back.

>Medusa will be gradually cast in the role of Hitler.
Amen to that. I hope she becomes the villain she was always meant to be .

And Cyke practices a lot as well, on top of being a natural prodigy with angles. If you play piano 8 hours a day, every day, for 50 years, you'll be a kick ass piano player, but you still won't be a Beethoven or Mozart.

>Cyclops in charge of suicide squad
I want this funded

Yup... every inch a queen... just like RuPaul.

He tries to hook up with any psychic who comes within 10 feet
no wonder he tries so hard to be Xavier's "best pupil"

>tfw she would show dominance over Cuckbolt but raping his boipucci after forcefully holding him down with her hair
My dick is diamonds now. Thanks user

>Normally
It's stated countless times in WWH that he's angrier and stronger than before

In Exiles, Mimic (who has optic blasts just like Cyclops) was able to one-shot an alternate universe Captain America. Of course I'm pretty sure that Cap didn't have a vibranium shield, and he entered the fight with no idea that Mimic had that power.

Underrated by normies and overrated by most comic fans, and I say this as a die hard Rightclops fan

in power level he is a very run of the mill mutant, who also has a disability
his ability to produce powerful offspring is more remarkable than his own power.
He was the weakest member of the extinction team he lead.

Scott is liked for how he is as a person, not for power level wanking

>Batman is a human, with plot armor, but human physical abilities.

Bogus bullshit.

Batrangs explode.
He melts out of the shadows.
He disappears at will.

This doesn't even address the detective crap much less the pull shit out of my utility belt crap or the prep time crap.

Daredevil has the similar training and if they had left Bruce to that, with some gadgets and toys that were reasonable, then it would be OK. Without the enhanced senses that Matt has, because Bruce is just a well trained, peak human fitness normal man.

>Daredevil has the similar training and if they had left Bruce to that, with some gadgets and toys that were reasonable, then it would be OK. Without the enhanced senses that Matt has, because Bruce is just a well trained, peak human fitness normal man.

Funny enough, Daredevil is a guy who sees the entire world using sonar. He should be the one called Batman :)

No it was retconned that he actually was fine

It's called X-Force.

>could he solo Captain America?
Yes. Cyclops is the GOAT X-man

Cyke has always been in my top 10 X-Men, but I hate when writers and artists forget that his optic blasts aren't heat or disintegration beams... they're pure force. They're not going to shred someone's head like that.

Same. I put Scott a tier above typical street levelers like Wolverine, Spidey, Deathstroke, etc. because he packs the firepower and range to put them down really easily. Cap can be weird because of his shield, but logically Cyke would just blast the ground out from under him

>They're not going to shred someone's head like that.
You do know he has levels to the beam right? His beams could easily shred shit up.

Logan is better

overrated

don't care what you think, "punch dimension", "always right", and "muh strategery" aren't powers

He was right about Hank being a fucking avengers and inhumans bitch

>don't care what you think, "punch dimension", "always right", and "muh strategery" aren't powers
You make it sound even better

His power fluctuates from street level to demolish a city block without giving a fuck level

Why don't people write him with his second mutation anymore. Trigonometry rocks.

He's written inconsistently. If someone wanted to power wank him he'd be incredibly potent.
In terms of powerset I see him as an anti-spider-man. Both are high to mid - tier playing low because of their ethics and life choices.
Both handle group fights incredibly well, Peter because he can play people into each other because muh precog and Scott because of muh geometry.
Peter never uses full strength and Scott never full beams.
Peter can and should focus in on precog but doesn't. Scot can and should focus in on geometry but doesn't. Both of these because writers don't want to change the character over much.
When they snap writers have them doing strength or beams. You don't often see them full power with full skill i.e proper use of geo and precog along with building lifting strength or block levelling beams.

If you did a what-if like Peter got for Scott and tried to write him to maximise on his powers he'd take advantage of his precision and multihitting. Bouncing beams down people's throats or into their softer bits, bouncing multiple beams between objects and targets so a single beam hits more than once and allows for more beams.
Given there sheer force and the ability to strike multiple areas at the same time with angles he should be able to shift basically anyone (sans really high tier shit, obviously but hey, even Pete beat a herald).

So Cyclops and Black Bolt get into a fight and at the same time both give it their all, Scott taking the visor off and letting it all go, and BB giving him a full-on "FUCK YOU!". Who comes out on top?

>he thinks Spiderman is a typical street-level hero

Anyone can be powerwanked, adding "creative power use" is the cancer of capeshit.
Sure it can makes for an interesting feat in a story, but then what.
You can't use it every time, it will break the story or be an asspull, but if you use it one time, why is it left forgotten?
Other times, it will be stupid and make no sense, but the writer will do it because "cool factor".
This secondary power is pretty redundant for an already powerful guy.
I don't see how Cyclops using his punchsight should be able to liftoff, makes no sense at all.
I'm not calling for "realism", but lazy "cool factor" is a Bendis philosophy of writing.

>liftoff
Who mentioned flyclops. What are you on