Without memeing, can someone please explain to me why global warming is a hoax...

Without memeing, can someone please explain to me why global warming is a hoax? I can't find any credible evidence that it's false on the internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergovernmental_Panel_on_Climate_Change
dailycaller.com/2015/12/23/as-the-arctic-shrinks-norways-polar-bear-population-booms-grows-30-in-11-years/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMNj_r5bccUwgm4-u98iH5X0EUD0w0L1j
youtube.com/watch?v=QwviDPo4Rh4
grist.org/series/skeptics/
sciencetimes.com/articles/2601/20150113/study-shows-volcanoes-may-be-causing-global-cooling.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=BiKfWdXXfIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Then I'm going to assume global warming is a hoax is a meme.

It's not a hoax. The smartest people in the world understand the earth is heatin' up. It's only going to get worse now that an anti-science cunt is in the white house. Good job destroying the world, fags.

Look up the vostok ice samples

Then you didn't look hard enough. There is climate change, but it's a natural process, and goes back and forth.

>I can't find any credible evidence
>on the internet
Huh.

you cant. your picture proves its real. poor polar bear gonna drown once that last piece melts from global warming

It's a problem, but people have been talking about global warming since the industrial revolution

Global warming is a hoax the same your weatherman telling you there is a 70% chance of rain in two weeks so you are required by law to buy an umbrella is a hoax

Mars is also going through a rise in temperature, and that planet even has less of an atmosphere. Why? Because sun activity is the ultimate factor in climate change. Not cars.

There are also real environmental problems to waste money on.

global warming is a hoax though just look up Milankovitch cycles. the earth goes through climate cycles every hundred thousand years or so and now it's on a rise.

For the record OP. Polar bears are actually flourishing dispite what the (((media))) had told you. The population is the highest it has ever been.

Please stop watching CNN, and do your own research.
Even google doesn't hide information about this.

Global warming is like freedom, it exists, but not in a way they present to us. Ice melts every year on poles and then freezes over again, polar bear can swim for miles in water. Global warming is historically happening, but the problem is that they want our money and they ain't going to solve environment, only cashing in money. Countries should solve their own environment, since powerful global elite simply eats up money meant for Africa, global warming or any other help. We are paying them for nothing.

By less of an atmosphere I mean less than earth showing that atmospheric changes are not really an issue

Oops?

An Inconvenient Truth was basically an alternative energy pump and dump scheme
Look into Al Gore's hedge fund

WATCH IT STRAYA

Somebody needs to save the world and take out Trump before he fucks us all

What is causing it now then if not the greenhouse gasses we have pumped into the atmosphere.

We pump a lot more CO2 into the atmosphere than any natural source, volcanoes included.

nonono thats not how it works.

burden of proof lies with those who claim that global warming is true.

>sun activity
It's called the Milankovitch cycles, it's not the sun, and the cycle doesn't correspond to the current rise in temperature. So as far as humanity can tell, you are wrong.

we are heading into a new iceage. educate yourself about this topic and you will understand.

Global warming is real, but like everything else, it's been used to make money.
No better way to make money than to take a real threat and sell 'solutions' to it.

it's not a meme. people are skeptical because of retards like al gore who put out bullshit disinformation and alarmism for years undermining the science and because the scientist have fail to divulgate the actual science

The currentn warming trend can't be eplained by the Milankovitch cycles. That's the entire point. There is a new factor influencing climate, and it's very likely anthropocentric emissions.

The sun activity just started lowering, which means the temperatures will begin to drop as we cool down. You shall see

It's a natural process yes, but it has been exacerbated to an unnatural point in a relatively short period of time. Coral reefs especially are very sensitive to small temperature changes and are very instrumental in the entire food chain of the ocean. It's a problem that does need to be addressed. We can only hope that our worst fears are unfounded but to not try to work on reducing our impact is making a bet we can't afford to lose.

the "hoax" is that the earth has been through cycles of dramatic climate shifts througout history, and those who claim it is a hoax who are not tinfoil hat cite that this phenomena EXISTS BUT IS NOT BEING SPED UP BY HUMAN INTERVENTION AND THAT THIS CYCLE IS NATURAL

they cite the little ice age as well as the climate shifts that occured when the saharra formed, mammoth extinction, (those two events modern humans lived), as well as the climate shift that formed mammals in evolution as our planet de-tropicalized

It's not a hoax.

Because it isn't false.

Nobody denies that the climate is changing. There's roughly two different views that many Republicans hold, that climate change is real but man had nothing to do with it, or they might believe that climate change is real and man had something to do with it but there's really nothing we can do about it. We just have to adapt like humans always do when the climate changes. I fall into the second category but even still there are some very real problems with the gathering of data within the science community that liberals need to recognize.

We really have no way of accurately measuring the earths temperature. Many of the readings are taken inside of cities but it's always slightly warmer inside a city than it is even just a mile away. Another one is that there was some fraud with some groups taking temperatures in from airplanes. The instruments they were using were placed next to the engine which were throwing them off. There's a lot more cases of stuff like this happening but I'm not terribly interested in the subject so I can't remember them. The point is that there's a very real financial incentive for researchers to fudge data and they have been caught doing it.

I really don't understand how y'all can stand any kind of pollution, dangerous or not. Every time I get on the plane I take a deep breath of the cool swedish air because no matter where I go it's going to stink of smog.

The meme about global warming is that people just assume their models, that are based on completely unproven assumptions can accurately predict the future which they can't.
Ice cores proved that peaks in atmospheric CO2 lag peaks in atmospheric temperature by several hundred years. The variations in CO2 correlated to the variations in temperature are likely far bigger than anthropogenic CO2 emissions, therefore, if the CO2 induced greenhouse effect was really as powerful as the current models assume, temperature should have never decreased while CO2 concentration was still rising, this just doesn't make sense. According to the greenhouse theory this should be an accelerating process (like they predict it for the future) but it evidently isn't.
There are many other problems with the greenhouse theory and the models built around it. How do you actually calculate how much CO2 is emitted because of man? You can just make really rough estimates. Water vapor btw is an even better absorbent of EM waves in a broader bandwith than CO2 and it's obvious that atmospheric water vapor would naturally increase the most in a warm period. If you apply the greenhouse model to historic temperature curves, we would be long gone.

Came here to post this. The Ice Age was only 11,000 years ago. It would be weird if the earth weren't warming. It's only hubris that leads people to believe that humanity understands global thermodynamics. The reality is that humanity has yet to create a mathematical model that accurately predicts the earth's long-term average global temperature using carbon emissions.

Enviro major here.

We are warming at 0.005 +/- 0.01 deg per year according to IPCC data.

Yes thats right, the error is larger than the rate itself, so we could be cooling right now.

Regardless, even if they are right about the 0.005 deg per year, that means we will need to wait 200 years to even see a difference, at whoch point fossil fuels other than a little bit of coal will be long gone.

Furthermore there are endless ways to sequester CO2 out of the atmosphere, such as stable bio-materials and residues.

Pollution is a real threat, but global warming is a hoax concocted to destroy high paying manufacturing jobs on the west.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergovernmental_Panel_on_Climate_Change

WRONG

One volcano can cool the planet more than all the human activity ever

We are lemmings marching over the cliff, we have elected an entire branch of climate change deniers.

For example all the medical shit that we can't get out of our drinking water yet because people flush their meds down the toilet. Contrast agent for example, there's afaik no solution in sight to get that shit out in water processing plants.

>rhetorical talking point

>Without memeing, can someone please explain to me why global warming is a hoax?

Its not that its a hoax, its that its a political scheme to put money into the hands of lobbyists and politicians.

Climate change is real, its a natural process, its happened in the past, it seems to be happening now and it will happen again in the future. However the degree to which human action is responsible for the changes we are current seeing is debatable as is the concept that we can do anything about it; but the field of climatology has been so taken over by the agendas of politicians and environmentalists that it can't be trusted as an objective field of science anymore. Evidence against climate change dogma is suppressed and evidence for it is blasted through loudspeakers and echoed by the mainstream media.

Now it is possible that man made climate change is real and it is even remotely possible that we might be able to do something about it; but if that's the case then we should be focusing on combating deforestation But that isn't what the politicians are doing, they are handing out subsidies to corporations to create "green" jobs and products or in the case of the Paris climate change treaty writing bribes to third world governments while getting little to nothing in return. That's because the powers that be aren't really interested in the environment; but they're more than willing to use it as a pretext to justify putting more power and money in their hands and the hands of their cronies.

Dear diary,

Today the leaf was not a faggot.

>"skeptic" intelligence

If global warming is a hoax then why are the years getting hotter and hotter on average?

>financial reason to fudge data

So tell me about how Exxon funded climate change denial and how Exxon had no financial interests in keeping it's own data from the public for fifty years. One of the largest polluters, one of the biggest oil corps, no financial reasons there I can see.

People should be skeptical of global warming, because first it was threats of an ice age, then it was "global warming", then they just started calling it "climate change". This is Orwellian. This is doublethink. If you can just confidently flipflop around between these positions when the "scientists" say so, you should be worried that you're brainwashed. A normal person can't do that and would see the contradiction.

On top of that, global warming is a leftist position. The left-wingers are wrong about every single issue. These are the shadiest, most deceptive, most dishonest people on the planet. You should be worried that they're just using this to control you, and to set themselves up as the only people who can save us from the global warming boogeyman they've created.

But the good news is, if climate change is a legitimate issue, the left is going to have to take some better positions and try to save their reputation in order to get people to start to believe them.

Pollution =/= climate change.
I can be for environment friendly technologies without supporting a CO2 tax.

Intended for

The cycles are more complicated than just the Sun. It has to do with orbits, eccentricity, axial tilt... a lot of things. You have to understand that.

Lmao @ humans thinking they are so powerful that they have such a big influence on this planet.
Earth is a tough lady and she can go through much worse than some talking apes. I hate how leftists like to underestimate her in their arrogance.

>Orwellian

Coming from the side of fascists

>Al Gore invented Global Warming

Damn nigga, after inventing the internet and a global conspiracy, how did he manage to lose to this guy?

>Measures amount of CO2 by time instead of amount
>Getting a bullshit degree instead of assisting hard science
>A fucking leaf

>be polar bear
>can swim for dozens of miles in near zero temperature water
>every year polar caps melt during the summer, leaving blocks of ice adrift in the water
>be caught on one of said ice blocks
>suddenly can't swim because temperature got 1ÂșC hotter
>just stare at the abyss until I die

The polar bears meme alone should be reason enough for you to laugh at global warming crusaders.

dailycaller.com/2015/12/23/as-the-arctic-shrinks-norways-polar-bear-population-booms-grows-30-in-11-years/

Trump is more likely to listen to the people than Pence is.

New thread faggots!

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMNj_r5bccUwgm4-u98iH5X0EUD0w0L1j

Anthropogenic climate change is a lie.

The idea is that global warming IS true but it's a natural process that is unaffected by man, at least comparably to nature. A single volcano erupting is more detrimental than anything else.

I don't know if they have an actual non-agenda measurement comparing all the worlds factories churning out on max and a volcano but I do remember reading somewhere back in the mid 00's that a single volcano pushed out several decades worth of heavy factory use from all of China's factories during the course of eruption which lasts weeks.

Forget about swimming, that supid bear could just move to firm land.

>I can at least explain why the water level is rising.

Put ice in a full glass of water and watch it melt.
The water will not spill over.

The difference between conservatives and leftists on this issue is that I will admit that large companies have an incentive to fudge data. This doesn't automatically mean that they but it's something that should be watched for.

Now go on a liberal forum and pretend to question the science of catastrophic climate change and see what happens.

DAS RITE

kys alarmists

WRONG

The cooling is temporary because silicates are clear, heavy, and without much surface area relative to their mass. They fall out of the atmosphere relatively quickly. Greenhouse gasses just keep chugging, raising global temperature.

Nuclear winter would cool the Earth a LOT though. The ash of burning super cities pumped up above the hydrosphere by a nuclear fireball would do a lot better job blocking out the Sun. The ash is black, light, and has a lot of surface area. Perfect for staying up above the hydrosphere for decades.

The problem with that though is that once the cooling ends there will be a sudden and drastic shift back to the warming climate. The theory is such an event due to unprecedented volcanic activity caused the greatest mass extinction in Earth's history, the Great Dying. The climate kept shifting from freezing to scorching. It may have also shut down the oceanic conveyor, causing an anoxic event flooding oceans and shorelines with deadly hydrogen sulfide gas.

>10km asteroid rams into the earth
>180km wide crater forms
>20km deep
Earth bounces back, everything's fine
>massive super-volcano erups
>100x30km crater formed, lake toba
>2800kmc^3 of matter expulsed
>that's 7'000'000'000'000 tons
>6-10 year winter because of the 800km^3 of ash
Earth bounces back, everything's fine
>one guy drives to work
>farts while getting out of the car
>CO2 and methane increases the temperature
>increasing the atmospheric H2O, further increasing temperature, rinse and repeat
>planet turns into Venus
End of the world.

Not to mention that CO2 obviously isn't smog. It's dirt aka fine dust water vapor can condense on so it creates fog.
Btw electric cars create more fine dust than petrol cars because they are heavier and fine dust is produced by tire and break wear mostly.

Just look up Lord Monckton's lecture on climate fraud. Its on youtube. It is an hour long, but unless you have the attention span of an insect you should be fine. Sources are cited.

>a single volcano pushed out several decades worth of heavy factory use from all of China's factories during the course of eruption which lasts weeks.

Damn Volcanos, why can't they have some empathy for our momma earth. Why didn't libtards bitch at volcanos yet?

Crowder did a pretty good video on this a while back.

youtube.com/watch?v=QwviDPo4Rh4

ITT naive fuckers who only believe what's given to them by large fossil fuel producers and those whom are paid by said companies.

They aren't anymore, according to sattelite data.
Also even if it *will* get as hot as the shills predict, that's still less than several natural fluctuations in the past, e.g. In the 18th century when the climate warmed by 2.2 degrees over about 30 years, which is more than 3 times faster than during recent years (according to ground measurements)

Until the data actually leaves the margin of error, i'm not gonna buy this shit, especially with things like carbon taxes. Their motivation in panick making seems awfully obvious tbqh

>Nobody denies that the climate is changing

Lmao sure. Can I get some of whatever allows you to ignore the actual statements of actual people? I could use a blue pill to make me forget

nobody on Sup Forums will bother to go through this, because it doesn't reinforce your hugbox mentality.

grist.org/series/skeptics/

What does it matter?

Cut your own personal energy consumption to be free of jews and arabs and if climate change is real, well, you helped that too.

>agree with my contradictions and doublethink or you're a fascist
I'm glad to see the leftists are going to continue using these strategies that caused Hillary Clinton to lose. This affirms that global warming isn't a serious issue, and we'll get 8 years of Trump.

>Earth bounces back, everything's fine

Except for all the living things

Humans can't just burrow underground and hibernate for 40,000 years, we'd go apeshit and start killing each other in 7 weeks

It's disturbing. Germany apparently produces a tad above 2% of global anthropogenic (!!) CO2 emissions. Even if we went back to a hunter-gatherer society (which isn't CO2 neutral aswell) literally jackshit would change in this world.

Volcanoes produce nothing relative to humanity, dumbasses.

Sometimes people use climate change synonymously with the type of scams leftists are pushing out like carbon credits. In that sense climate change is a scam, and I wouldn't be surprised if China invented it because it has decimated American manufacturing.

You're ignoring the point. If that lies withing the environment's capacity to self-regulate, then you bet your ass our industry does too.

It's not a hoax, but probably overhyped as many people's income, as well as research grants, depend on it's existence.
CFCs and the ozone layer are an example where nations got together and created a solution, so I think we're better off taking the safe route and treating it seriously. The cost of at least slowing the damage are minimal and the possible benefits incalculable for future generations.

Then again, I've got a garage full of sunscreen, so I'll make a killing

Yeah the thing is, Earth doesn't care about humans.

The two are not exclusive. HRC list because she's a republican in everything but meme running against actual republicans. It's not a leap of logic. If you deny Exxon's fifty year campaign to muddy the climate science, you are simply misinformed or uninformed.

Commie scum

Cute how the politicians pushing this garbage said Florida would be underwater by now. Kek

The Earth will be just fine, it's seen some shit

sciencetimes.com/articles/2601/20150113/study-shows-volcanoes-may-be-causing-global-cooling.htm

Pollution is a real threat.

Global warming is bullshit. Thats why Frank Lutz popularized Climate Change.

Actually, it's been discovered that all of humanity was almost wiped out from one volcanic eruption way back when. So no, we're not safe and even a minor disruption is going to fuck over a lot of people.

This.

This video is a great breakdown from Freeman Dyson (interview starts at 2:52):

youtube.com/watch?v=BiKfWdXXfIs

He's a theoretical physicist who worked with Einstein back in the day and dedicated a portion of his career to creating predictive models of climate (which proved futile).

We are talking about greenhouse gasses, not ash.

The world is getting hotter. The debate is if it's caused by humans or not

On an average yearly basis. Global emissions only amount to ~10 billion tons. So keep it up for 700 years and we'll be on par with the toba total eruption mass. Now I don't know how much of that was in the form of CO2, but I'm guessing a little more than 1/700.

plants literally eat CO2 and make sugar out of it. (((They))) want to exterminate all life on this planet which is what they call their great work, or craft.

Hes asking you to explain your perspective muslim - 'educate yourself' is something liberals scream.

Hey famalam, I actually literally took some of those measurements myself. I'm on one of the Chicago based research teams that is organized as a joint venture between dePaul, UIC, UChicago, IIT, and Northwestern

We aren't retarded, we drove for hours to take measurements all across the state and we even went out in January of 2014, to take those measurements. It fucking hurt to be outside those days and you want to tell us that we just stated in the cities. Fuck off cunt, you have no idea what you are talking about and are simply repeating propaganda.

I don't know if methane gas leaks in Cali, industrialized farming, manufacturing etc. are man-made activities.

Volcanoes don't produce nearly as much greenhouse gasses as humanity.