Mark Waid

Mark Waid.
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.fi/books?id=Dz3NCgAAQBAJ&pg=PA292&lpg=PA292&dq=fantagraphics mark waid we told you so&source=bl&ots=LZSsWIW4T_&sig=LBiJKXEtRfOq_Sf4e6oyKSr4KeI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj37Imk2sHYAhXFhrQKHfn6BDQQ6AEIPDAD#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His Legion run sucked, but not as hard as Shooter's. It's very "Hello, fellow youngsters. I also like comic books, and hate when adults tell me what to do.".

Hes alright. He signed my 52 #1 and kingdom come. He seems chill.Unlike neil adams, who is a major tool, and marv wolvman, who doesnt give any shits.

Keep him the fuck away from teen heroes and politics and he's OK.

Used to have some talent back in the day, however that talent is gone now. It'd probably be best if he just retired.

I thought Waid's Legion was well liked, it was on a rec list for best dc comics in general. Was I trolled?

Ya, sorry about that man. I thought it would be funny at the time.

Used to be a talented writer but now he's a nut

He throws phones at coworkers, himself at the floor should things not go his way in his workplace, and Caps-Lock filled tantrums at you to FIX THIS SHIT if someone should comment pretending to be him in a Youtube video that features him on your account.

He's not chill.

Honestly I feel a little relieved because when I read it it was really awful. I thought maybe it was just me. It did put me off reading more. It was my first and last exposure to Legion, so congrats?

You are way too obsessed about some random flabby white guy.

Mate, Waid's bordering on lolcow territory

Agreed. Just give him his complimentary gold watch and send him home.

Terrible, and always has been.

>be in all of two 4chin threads where they dumped the two scans of the book covering his workplace meltdowns as well as his Youtube meltdown
>THE TOTAL OBSESSION

Should've stopped writing after Kingdom Come.

>Youtube meltdown
It's like seeing him become the Phil Fish of comics arguing with the DSP/Arin Hanson of comics

Didn't he say they should make Superman black and from the city because apparently being white and growing up on farm makes you racist?

No, he said a Superman who grew up in an inner city would be interesting, during the Post election meltdown of twitter.

worst X-Men writer of all time.

He used to be good. I think twitter made him crazy.

This is how Mark Waid acts

I've read his kingdom come and his empire.
Kingdom come was good, but damn empire as trash.
Pure, steaming, stinking, I can't believe I'm reading this to the end, well, it's only because I can't drop stuff midway, TRASH.

He tainted his legacy by becoming a psychotic, virtue signalling cuck that seeks pee pee touches.

I've read worse.

The Age of Apocalypse was a good event.

That's not Bendis and/or Austen

Not even one mention at his best work ?

His old work was okayish for the most part. Most his modern work is either boring (Avengers) or cringe-inducing (Champions).

>His Legion run sucked, but not as hard as Shooter's
Says who?

Seems like a faggot but he can be a very good writer rarely. Aside from the obvious Kingdom Come I also enjoyed Birthright and his DD run (even the San Fransisco parts)

also Waid and Shooter have done multiple Legion runs.

Shooter's last LoSH run was good, but none of Waid's are.

So he was like that ten+ years ago already?

Someone please post that full story about him throwing himself on the floor and screaming and crying when he thought the boss wasn't in the office. I've been trying to find it but can't.

books.google.fi/books?id=Dz3NCgAAQBAJ&pg=PA292&lpg=PA292&dq=fantagraphics mark waid we told you so&source=bl&ots=LZSsWIW4T_&sig=LBiJKXEtRfOq_Sf4e6oyKSr4KeI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj37Imk2sHYAhXFhrQKHfn6BDQQ6AEIPDAD#v=onepage&q&f=false

His "good writer" reputation is a mirage based on nothing.

>But Kingdom Come--!
Was Alex Ross's idea. The actual writing wasn't that good. And the concept itself wasn't all that great. It was a "classic" due to Ross's art at the time.

>But his Flash run--!
You mean '90s Babies First DC Comic? It was a mediocre run but for some reason a lot of Marvel fans back in the day read it as their first DC comic. It's nothing more than mediocre, and Waid had a co-writer for much of it.

>But his Daredevil--!
Great for the first arc or two. After that it was never nearly as great, and yet for 40-some odd issues people still claimed it was classic. And yet objectively speaking the first arc or two was clearly better than anything that came afterwards. So it's a case of diminishing returns, but people didn't notice, in part because they wanted to pretend that there was actually a truly great Big Two comic on the stands at the time. There wasn't.

>His Captain America--!
From the '90s? Completely mediocre. People contrast it to the Liefeld relaunch, and to the end of the Grunwald run, so it looked a lot better than it actually was. It was nothing special at all. His current run looks and reads like an Archie comic. Completely bland and boring, for people who want to bask in neo-retro stylings that never were and never will be anything other than forgettable.

You'll notice that whenever people cite Waid as a great writer they never cite specific moments or scenes of greatness. That's because there aren't any.

A reputation based on nothing. Thanks Alex Ross. Waid is truly a useless human being who's wasted a lot of your time.

A Mark Millar rip-off comic. Woowee Waid is so great...

Full casual.

unironically this

He is a great capeshit writer. At cons he always seems to be genuinely good to his fans. On social media though his temper seems to be in control and its hurt him BADLY. He used to be hailed as a good example of 'fan-turned-pro' and now because of his antics he's almost become the living argument AGAINST hiring fans. Although most of his clashes with editors were usually over character integrity and as much as everybody loves to bring up the Amazing Heros phone story (all the while ignoring that Gary Groth is the one who told it) I used to think he was just passionate and it seemed forgivable.

Then he went chasing after the SJW crowd in both his writing & his twitter but he did it clumsily and his shit has been off ever since.

I'd love to read the Waid that did a bang up job editing Amazing Heros. I'd love to read the Waid that wrote great Captain America in the 90's, FF, Flash, Brave & The Bold. I'd love to read the Waid made Daredevil an actual Super Hero again just a few years ago. I'd love to talk to the Waid that did DVD commentary for the Superfriends.

But right now we got a Mark Waid that broods way too much about Trump and the right (and I'm a leftie) & believes that Superman is a tainted symbol of red state mentality and that Superman's origin needs to changed so that now he should be raised in an inner city so that he grows up surrounded by urban diversity. Fuck Ma & Pa Kent and what they represent to Waid. Thats a Mark Waid I don't want to deal with. I HAVE been liking his fill in Cap issues but I can swear you can feel his heart isn't in it & he was on board with the rumors we've been hearing that Steve would be dead-dead-character-assassinated-dead & Sam was going to be the new true Captain America forever.

>marv wolvman, who doesnt give any shits.

Wolfman has ALWAYS been a dick.

Has good ideas and starts stories well but struggles to carry them to a satisying ending. Daredevil is easily the best thing he ever wrote but once Matt moves to Cali there's a notable drop in quality.

However he seems to cultivate good relationships with his artists and the majority of his plots are decent which makes him a comic superstar in today's dreg-world of talentless hacks. Wrt his online presence it clearly stems from the fact that he's too mentally ill to function and he isn't seeking treatment.

He needs therapy and meds for depression. I feel sorry for him and can't really bring myself to have overtly negative feelings about him since it's obvious he's not well and needs help.

This was quite an interesting post, thank you.

Great writer in the past. Arguably still is, but lets his extreme case of faggotry seep into his more recent work.