Gankro, the guy who made most early MSPA flashes (not Homestuck beta), got interviewed about his career and legacy

Gankro, the guy who made most early MSPA flashes (not Homestuck beta), got interviewed about his career and legacy.

homestuckhiveswap.tumblr.com/post/169353748877

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vqQdNri0
pastebin.com/gUk7tcgK
pastebin.com/8SnQt7Bm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I always love hearing about this kind of minutia.

Wow that was actually genuinely informative.

> “I really didn’t like how the Homestuck fandom developed over the years, but I don’t think that’s as much a value judgement on the fandom as it is a mismatch of interests mixed with a lot of my own personal issues.”
>With the growth of the comic’s fanbase there was a perceivable shift in the focus of the comic, which led to an increasing disharmony of his own interest.
>“… what I really loved about Problem Sleuth and early Homestuck was the world and mechanics and how Andrew made all this complete bullshit slot together like a giant rube-goldberg machine… The story and relationships? Those were always just a vehicle for the things I actually cared about.”
Is Gankro /ourguy/?

Punished gankro: a fallen dev

pastebin.com/vqQdNri0
pastebin.com/gUk7tcgK
pastebin.com/8SnQt7Bm

There's also these email transcripts not in the link, nice to know how fast he could program the flashes.

Amazing how Hussie alienated so many people

>Spent 3 hours at a fairly sizable con today
>Did not see one (1) Homestuck cosplay
Feels pretty fucking good man

The memories of grey paint on the walls haunt me still

The tumblr fanbase that flooded in during act 5 pretty much killed the comic. It's the reason why act 6 was so terrible.

Wait. Hold the fucking phone.
If I'm getting this right, not even the flash animations were made by Hussie? Not even the pre-act5 ones?

Then wHAT the fuck DID he make?

>/ourguy/?

Basically anyone with minimal respect to storytelling would say the same as this guy.

All of Problem Sleuth

Hussie couldn't program in flash.

hussies Our toilet man, now. We should accept it when he does badly, for it is his new (year+ old) way.

Memories' of screwups, and also some good times.

this guy did the programming because hussie could not program for flash. the interactive animations needed programming, the regular flash animations that you couldn't interact with did not need programming.

Ok so I've been gone since the first hiatus after act 5. What happened to cause that autismal mental break depicted at the start of Act 7?

So is homestuck a case study of a scumbag outsourcing all the actual work for his comic while still riding off his cult of personality and getting away with it?

>the start of Act 7
HAHAHA

A toad flies around the end

Why is anybody acting like this is a big surprise or news when we've known this for fucking years

He was very clearly credited for his his programming work.

Hussie in the early days did a lot of the art and actually wrote things. It's near the end that he truly did nothing.

>Hussie couldn't into ActionScript

Wait what the fuck? Didn't Hussie write a colouring/painting program for his father's company back in the day or something? Couldn't he just teach himself? I learned to program in flash when I was 15 for crying out loud.

>I've been gone since the first hiatus after act 5. What happened

Way too many things man

Act 6 was a bunch of meandering around with new characters with the only redeeming factors being Caliborn (a young Lord English) being entertaining as hell and some good fight scenes in the second to last flash.

Act 7 is just one flash which isn't even a flash it's an actual animation. It's really pretty actually, but it's also a really disappointing ending.

Hussie is a case study for artists on what never to do with your creation.

Hussie only stopped doing shit at the very end of act 6.