Kiernan Shipka To Star In Netflix’s Sabrina The Teenage Witch Series

We dodged a bullet, Sup Forums

>Netflix has found its Sabrina. Mad Men and Feud: Bette and Joan alum Kiernan Shipka has been tapped to star as the titular heroine in Netflix’s upcoming original series based on the Archie Comics graphic novel The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

>According to the description, the Untitled Sabrina Project imagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Tonally in the vein of Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist, this adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.

>Shipka will play Sabrina Spellman, an empowered young woman, half-human, half-witch, who is just beginning her dark education as a sorceress, even as she tries to maintain a normal life as a sophomore at Baxter High. Intelligent, compassionate and brave to the point of recklessness, Sabrina is all that stands between us and the forces of darkness that threaten our world.

The fuck is with motherfuckers trying to make Sabrina of all things dark and serious? Fuck this franchise with a rusty pitchfork.

>who is just beginning her dark education as a sorceress
Aren't witch and sorceress mutually exclusive?

It's not actually dark. It's RIVERDALE "dark".

>No Asian Sabrina
A man can dream

This.

>not making it a comedy
fuck this

He right user, it's probably gonna be what a bunch of edgy preteens consider "dark"

I'm honestly surprised they didn't make Sabrina black or Hispanic or some other non-white race for the sake of (((diversity))).

Good casting, has potential
Riverdale is fun as hell

Huh, they cast an actual teenager

I was wondering what happen to her.

Riverdale is hilarious, though

lolwut

As intentionally or unintentionally? Might start watching depending on the answer.

well it can't be all unintentional

This. How did they get past show executives without making the main character a POC?

Wonder what happened with Dove Cameron.

>"I have a political bias"
the post

The casting call for Harvey was open to all ethnicities

Same for the aunts.

She cute. I'm ok with this.

For a sec, I thought that was Emma Watson.

dey still closed thu whyte gurl. How dey gonna git aways wit dis!?

More pics of her

I think Ambrose was specifically asked for black or Indian

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is pretty good from what I remember. The problem is that if issues came out glacially that would be an improvement since Aguirre-Sacassa is too busy as COO of Archie and writing/overseeing TV stuff to write it. It's had literally 8 issues published since it started 3 years ago.

>white female lead
That means Harvey's going to be black.

Ambrose is gay right?

not necessarily, Riverdale is white girl/white guy/latina/half-white-half-Pacific Islander guy

She works for Disney now

Intentional coming across as unintentional. There's no way they didn't ham it up the way they did taking it 100% seriously.

As far as I know, she was still in talks for Sabrina as of late last year and had been posting ambiguous stuff to her instagram about it.

Riverdale is blatantly high camp. They know exactly what they're doing.

>Mad men loli is all grown up
I want to lick her eyebrows.
She does look a lot like MJH, though.

A CUTE