So was Kirby and Stan Lee responsible for the Slap a Jap era of comics or were those some other guys?

So was Kirby and Stan Lee responsible for the Slap a Jap era of comics or were those some other guys?

>kirby and Stan
>Stan

>Kirby and Stan Lee
Shit dude, this is a pretty rookie mistake in terms of comics history.

>Kirby Lee
>Stan Lee

????

>The Lee Brothers!

Doctor Seuss also actually did a few. He came to massively regret it though.

Disney also did some too. Oh, and then there were the DC folks with Superman's Slap a Jap.

Despite being half Japanese myself,
I always found 'slap a jap' kind of funny.

something that always got my almonds firing is: how come they didnt do slap a kraut or make germans look like monkeys

He clearly meant Jack Kirby and Stan Lee, fuck

hi OP

But that's wrong too.

It's Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, during the Timey comics era

Say what you will about Stan Lee, but the man is a fucking saint when it comes to race relations

Joe Simon and Jack Kirby only worked on the first ten issues of Captain America in the 1940's before going over to DC Comics. So it depends on what was in the first 10 issues.

Fair enough, but going "What do you mean? Kirby Lee?" is dumb

And.. now you know why comics don't sell to minorities

>my dad comes from a pure Japanese family
>His uncle had a fuck huge collection of DC comics from the 50's-70's

>Oh, and then there were the DC folks with Superman's Slap a Jap.

Everyone uses that as an example because it's got a catchy phrase and Superman's more well known than other characters in the 1940's.

But it's such a mild example compared to a lot of other comics covers out during that period, like this one. Hell, just look up most World War II covers that Alex Schromberg drew.

Americans didn't care too much about the European theatre, they had no personal stake in the war until Pearl Harbor, hence focusing their attention on the Japanese.

I'm black and comics have been in my family for two generations.

Do you think rosevelt knew pearl harbor was coming?

I'm from the Phillipines and all we did as kids was trade manga and action comics

Now I wish I remembered where that image of that wojack that thought he was smart was.

No. But I do think America was looking for a reason to join the war and Germany wasn't going to give them one.

So even though the US were expecting Japan to retaliate so they could declare war, I don't think they knew exactly when, where and how.

That wasn't me.

But that was just jest. A bit of humor.

>Manga creators getting what they deserve

The WWII covers had a lot of insane action. I don't think Disney or Marvel would allow it to happen, but imagine an alternate Earth where the main Golden Age Marvel characters turned into giants and fought during the war that way. It'd be so fucked up.

I buy 1k worth of comics a year though

Damn what happened. Why are comics about people standing around in static poses and talking now

>we're already driving over them with a steam roller
>better gun them down too while at it
>not to mention there being a fucking road roller on some random tojo infested jungle shithole island

10/10 made a bald eagle shed a signle tear.

Well he seems pretty sure about his statement, you must be mistaken about your race.

I'm pretty sure World War 2 caused that era, OP.

>hey guys what color was the nazi flag again?

Surprised we didn't get Osama Bin Laden comics post-9/11

How do you suppose the universe depicted in these covers would go? All of the Axis powers depicted as weird goblin creatures and the Superheroes grow to massive size and tear through all of them? It's madness, I tell ya.

>hey batman can I borrow your boy wonder for a little bit the Axis is getting uppity

>those faces

Mainly because people are aware of all the stuff comics did in the past.

Miller did Holy Terror but that took so long to do it ended up getting released the year Osama Bin Laden was killed.

There was also American Power that Chuck Dixon was going to do at CrossGen, but it generated controversy.

Why did the human torch and captain America team up so much

he is still trying to live this down user

what do you think goyim?

Captain America, Human Torch (the android version) and Namor were the Big 3 popular characters at Marvel (called Timely Comics back then).

>Perspective is for nazis. I can gun don't japs that are behind me

>2 human torches
>captain America on a motorcycle
>Namor for some reason
>fucking Robin
What was going on in the Marvel universe in WWII?

I mean look at this, Human Torch just burned a guy's arm to the bone!

Literally this

Well if some of the other covers are any indication, they've actually gone into giant mode.

Maybe Pym was around in the 40's in the universe of the covers and he looks at how Giant-Cap, Giant-Bucky, Giant-Namor, and Giant-Torch fight, and wonders "My God, what have I done?"

>captain America on a motorcycle
What's weird about that?
>fucking Robin
Damn dude, you don't recognize Bucky when you see him?

k e k

If Torch is able to burn people that badly with one punch, what does that say about all the other times on these covers where he's punching people?

I didn't read comics from this time, so I didn't know bucky used to be a Robin ripoff
I meant captain America just driving into them on the motorcycle

>2 human torches
That's Android Human Torch aka Jim Hammond, and his sidekick Toro (who's human, or mutant as he was later retconned)
>Namor for some reason
He's as popular as Cap and Torch back then
>fucking Robin
That's Bucky

>Hitler's Berchdesgaden
That's a town not a castle.

Best cap costume?

What a strange lineup

Well in this universe he's turned the whole town into a castle!

>I didn't read comics from this time, so I didn't know bucky used to be a Robin ripoff
It's what he looked like in Avengers EMH and still looks like in comics flashbacks too though...

I guess that user might've just watched the movies.

Sup Forums - Superhero Movies & Drawthread

>this is the current state of Sup Forums

I think that it is safe to assume that in this universe WW2 was a war between Teutonic-Nipponese goblins and American giants.

For comparison's sake here's some DC covers. People always point to the "Slap a Jap" Superman cover. But when you compare it to all the other examples above, it looks relatively mild by comparison!

>in this universe WW2 was a war between Teutonic-Nipponese goblins and American giants
Wait, that's not how WWII really was?

Anyone here invest in war bonds?

>I think that it is safe to assume that in this universe WW2 was a war between Teutonic-Nipponese goblins and American giants.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'"--Henry Pym

I'll be honest I'm a cartoonfag, and I usually only read Spiderman

Sounds like the nextcrypto coin scam

Turns out the nukes made them more human

Reminder that Ultimate Cap is more faithful to the golden age character on how he see degeneracy in the west

is that accurate nipponese

These are just some of the examples I've found so far of the DC ones and while offensive by today's standards really come off light compared to the other covers above.

What does it say?

Does he name the jew?

Lol hitler and the others look like from a franco-belgian comic.

Thing is that Captain America in the Golden Age never went missing. That was a later retcon in the 60's.

So to explain the 40's Cap adventures that took place after Steve Rogers disappeared there was a story that showed other TImely Comics patriotic heroes taking the mantle for a while.

Here's WWII covers from Nedor Comics (where Black Terror and some others were published).

A huge number of Americans have German heritage now, and had German heritage during the war years. All Asians were less than 0.25% of the US population during the WWII.

>Americans didn't care too much about the European theatre

Don't be ridiculous.

How are people not offended at this blatant pandering to the public

Say what you will but old comics have some pretty cool guns

>heroes that will never get a HeroClix #109820982