What happens here?

It's it nice to live here?
Thought that if I would ever move to the US I'd move to Nebraska or somewhere here, what do you think?

I think it's that rural comfy part of the US that you always see in thee movies/tv. With qt farmer girls and baseball matches between local schools.

Literally nothing.
Good place to retire, that's about it.
Those are some of the most boring places in the world.

Are you Afrikaner? (meaning: white?)
City dweller or farmer?

most of the manufacturing and agriculture

there’s so much winning there, you’d get tired with winning.

Flat. Everywhere. Feels isolated too, like the rest of the world exists only on Keeping up with the Kardashians

Corn and cow farts

>tfw you will never see a truly red USA

Yup, pretty much this. Its flat, they call it the great plains for a reason, all farms and small towns. Real comfy, but boring.

Very flat for the most part, and the temperatures get pretty extreme. Lots of small towns and farms.

I lived there.

It's very rural, and the people are slovenly.

I remember getting off a main highway and driving around on dirt roads to survey the area.

Every so often, I would see rotting houses with unkempt lawns in the middle of pastures.

Farm folk would usually be roaming around outside, and not the "cowboy-hat-and-clean jeans" kind of people.

These pasture-dwellers were almost always half-naked, fat, and highly disturbing.

I don't know how people live like that, because seeing them felt like that episode of the X-Files where Mulder and Scully investigate those inbred hicks.

There is absolutely nothing out there.

It's pretty boring out there desu
nothing but miles and miles of corn farmland.

As someone who has lived in both Missouri and Kansas, I'd give Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and Utah consideration.

Wide open spaces there but also some interesting landscapes. The areas you've highlighted are very flat and boring tbqh

before you move to america make sure you know what you're in for. 50% of the US is neverending corn fields.

Farmer.

H-Hendrik?

Lots of plains and nothing else.
Some areas in there are being filled with immigrants and refugees though.

Close, but my name is Johan.

oh, nevermind. I thought you were someone else who uses that pic

That is what it is

You'll dig it.
Some of the other posters in this thread are right - some of the great plains are sparsely populated and boring.
If you find a smaller city our there that you dig though and stay close enough, that region is awesome.
Wichita, Kansas and Oklahoma City are actually pretty great.

Oklahoma City is EXTREMELY underrated. Same with Des Moines, IA, a lot of Iowa cities. Lawerence, KS is nice too. I live in St.Louis, and can't wait to escape asap.

the homeland of shart in marters and people who go to churches in prefab steel buildings and think Outback Steakhouse is fancy eattin'

Since you have farming skills, you would fit in immediately and probably love it. Fertile lands, lots of room, land isn't expensive. You can basically do whatever you want outside of the cities. There are parts you can go and not see another human for miles.

No city, far from everything, flyover places

Downtown STL here, been trying to buy a house in burbs for a while now. we need to purge north county asap and take our city back.

I grew up in Bellefountaine Neighbors. North County is gone. My cousin is a cop there, he is thinking about straight up quitting and getting a private security job. I am living in Edwardsville at the moment, I like it but I am getting priced out.

Omaha resident reporting in. My huge house in the suburbs costed 170k (800/mo or so). Totally white and 0 crime tons of jobs.

North Omaha has a racoon problem though. But a house up there costs 40k. Considering its not a real big city ghetto its great if you don't have kids.

Interesting, I went to a concert earlier this year in como with a buddy from edwardsville that broswses Sup Forums