Killer Croc

Hey fellas, can you tell me some Killer Croc stories you like? I wanna read some issues with him as I've just realized I just know him from TAS and that lackluster Barcelona comic, and there seems to be a lot more to the character.

So far I'm thinking of getting that "Arkham" TP which includes some quintessential stories of him like his original arc, his Swamp Thing story, the Joker's Asylum issue and "Requiem for a Killer". It's also a pretty good value. So any more good stuff about him? Preferably stuff I can get a hold on in the form of TPs.

Bump.

Also where is pic related from?

I dunno about specific comics, but he’s pretty cool in his episodes of The Batman and Beware the Batman.

I love requiem for a killer, those were good times.

He isn't a main character, but his parts in Arkham Asylum: Living Hell are really good.

Just stay away from any post-Hush stories that portray him as an actual mutant gator monster with a long snout and a tail.

>Beware the Batman
Oh yes, he has a very cool design there to say the least, and I am pretty interested in that show. There's something about it that makes it look like a labor of love (much like Brave and the Bold) to me. Probably the obscure villains and some Outsiders nods I'm aware of. So I was going to watch it sometime.

Not so sure about The Batman tho, didn't like what I saw of that show.

Yeah, I have read that is one of the classic Croc stories and it luckily is included in that compilation TP I'm gonna get.

Noted, stuff like this is fine by me, I had read good things about that comic and I will try to check it out now.

>Just stay away from any post-Hush stories that portray him as an actual mutant gator monster with a long snout and a tail.
Let me guess, he became a Lizard ripoff and was used as muscle for hire and nothing else?

>Let me guess, he became a Lizard ripoff and was used as muscle for hire and nothing else?

For the most part, yes. Though there is some stuff with Suicide Squad that humanizes him a bit.

Yeah, that sucks, since it's the most humane portrayals of Croc I'm after. TAS gives us but a tiny glimpse into this Croc in the episode "Freakshow" but otherwise he was a only an indimidating, streetwise thug at his smartest. I was not planning to touch the modern Suicide Squad anyways. Nor most modern comics unless I'm told they're really good, I mostly want to read classic stuff.

There's also Batman: Earth One, Vol. 2, which has Croc as a sympathetic hermit that just wants to be left alone. Keep in mind it's a sequel to Vol. 1 of Earth One.

This sounds perfect even if it is a brief bit with him or whatever. I'll definitely check this one out, I do not mind it being part of a larger story since I also want to read more good Batman stuff period.

Didn't in the batman he had a soft spoken southern accent? He didn't sound like no negro

Read the first story arc with Killer Croc, starts with Detective Comics #523 and Batman #357 (also the first appearance of the original Jason Todd). It’s a pretty cool story, the issues go for a lot (especial 357) and have never been collected though so you have to read it online.

Well, there's pic related. It should have most of Croc's early appearances, I think? It has:

>Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #525, #660 and #808-810; BATMAN #358, #359, #471, #489, #512, #521 and #522; BATMAN AND ROBIN #23.4; JOKER'S ASYLUM KILLER CROC #1; and BATMAN CHRONICLES #3

I have checked Requiem for a Killer is there, as is when he's revealed. Are there any missing that I should read before, anything important?

Yeah he did not sound like a black to me, and I'm not an expert on anglo accents but the idea I got off his voice was that he was supposed to be a swamp-dwelling hillbilly? Like Kermit when he's playing the banjo or something. I dunno, I didn't like that show very much, don't ask me to remember much.

>>Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #525, #660 and #808-810; BATMAN #358, #359, #471, #489, #512, #521 and #522; BATMAN AND ROBIN #23.4; JOKER'S ASYLUM KILLER CROC #1; and BATMAN CHRONICLES #3
I didn’t realize all that was in there, that’s pretty cool. You will get the gist of it, he basically just appears in the shadows in 357

Awesome, nice to have confirmation from someone who has actually read them. Thanks!

Killer Croc is one of my favorite DC characters, I absolutely love him.

3 of my top recommendations would be:
>Killer Croc #1 (Villain month)
>Joker's Asylum: Killer Croc
>Batman Eternal (Not sure of which issues)

He's not written great in the current suicide Squad book, but every now and then he gets his time to shine.

Might as well story time the little segment

Earth one croc is the best croc

And that's the end.

I have another short Croc story from suicide squad if anybody wants to see a more sad one from his childhood

Also, Croc was fantastic in Red hood and the outlaws

That "Killer Croc" issue 1 is actually Batman and Robin 23.4, right? It would make sense, cause the cover of the Arkham paperback is the same that the one of that issue. In that case, fuck yeah, there's two of those in the TP. How is Batman Eternal as a whole?

And cute little story time, it gives me hope for that run of SS, but I think it will be a long time before I get to reading it, there's so much more I'd rather read before it.

Very, very nice. This is exactly what I wanted from Croc when I made this thread. I will check out these too.

>That "Killer Croc" issue 1 is actually Batman and Robin 23.4, right?
I looked it up, and yeah, that's right.
And yeah, I got the TP, it's pretty great.
>How is Batman Eternal as a whole?
Wouldn't know, only read the Croc stories in it, but the writer writes an amazing Waylon

Do you have croc vs bane round 1 and round 2 from years later?

This is the only Croc vs Bane page I have, I believe it's from round 2 in Eternal.

It's nice to see writers know he's not an idiot

Gonna storytime that other story I mentioned

No prob user

Croc had a hard life

The End

Those are the only two stories I have saved, so I'm just gonna post random pages and pictures of Croc I have saved

So how's Metal been treating you Croc?

Oh

Oh dear

There are a lot of black people from the south. Actually the stereotypical "black voice" is a take-off of a southern accent.

The one where he became a star attorney was my favourite story.

>Killer Croc is one of my favorite DC characters, I absolutely love him.
Same, I find him to be extremely underrated. I also prefer when he's more thoughtful than a mindless cannibal. Pic related is one of my favorite comics

hell yeah, same here

What is the best look for Croc and why is it his Arkham Origins design?

remember when Croc was a xenomorph?

wow

Reading this thread, is it safe to say Croc is the most consistently well written Batman rogue?

Because it has the right balance between man and crocodile. Anything with a snout is Lizard-tier trash, and people forget that Croc originally was just a guy with a skin condition with filed down teeth

Again, depends on the writer. In most suicide squad issues, he's an idiot who speaks in third person and needs to be taught how to read.

I'd fuck Killer Croc desu

i think they have that book on amazon

SUICIDE QUADS

Wait, croc is black. So not only does he wish not to be a freak he aslo wants to be white?

In The Batman he had a Cajun accent and was voiced by Ron Perlman.

>reeeeeeee

The writer is probably someone who ignores previous continuity and likes white people.

So, like, the Sinestro to Bendis's Hal Jordan.

Killer Croc is my husbando.

That's his best looking design but I will say Arkham Asylum's design is very effective for making you dread going down to his lair in the old sewers.

Arkham Knight is also effective because you despise the guy who did that to him.

Batman Eternal has a lot of great KC stuff.
He's been getting good content across mediums since his Villains Month Oneshot.

Who would get along with Waylon more: Arkillo or King Shark?

I like when he looks like an actual crocodile

I don't mind it, but I still prefer a more humanoid face. The snout's a little much.