What made this then highly anticipated feature such a crime against humanity?

What made this then highly anticipated feature such a crime against humanity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ySy8mcceTno
youtu.be/viUbVn0-ZQw
cbr.com/the-guide-to-the-guide-to-comics-wizard-89-january-1999/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/thread

Because it pretty much ruined the Spider-Man villain with the biggest cult fanbase among the target demographic, mostly out of spite for said demographic

Oh, and this Really though other than that it was just as cheesey as the other movies, which was never a good thing.

>dumb and unnecessary "Sandman killed Uncle Ben" retcon
>cramming way too much shit in one movie, making it much less focused and more half-assed than two previous films
This whiny autist again.

All weird Sup Forums memeing aside, it's a well known fact that Raimi loathed Venom and wanted to do the film using the Vulture as the villain, possibly played by Ben Kingsley. When he was forced to use Venom, he clearly went out of his way to sabotage the whole project and his career by making it as shitty as possible. You can't tell me that "Peter's cool phase" wasn't an intentional fuck you. Even the characters he interacted with in that montage looked at him like he was a weird, emo try-hard fucker they wanted nothing to do with.

It really goes to show you that Sam Raimi became an A List actor in spite of himself more so than because of his work.

What are you gonna do about it?

I also want to say, Harry Goblin fucking sucked. I'm not a huge fan of the trilogy, but the right way to end it would have been going full on Goblin with Harry, not that weird half way shit they tried to do

Laugh at your shitty character having a terrible book he no doubt deserves, of course. I wish Costa stays twice as long as Slott did on Spider-Man.

The fact that so many people miss the point of this scene truly baffles me.

Of course it's cringy. Peter is a nerd, Film Peter even more so. This is him *thinking* he's being cool.

Sure thing, nu-male

It's just stupid, the "symbiote turns Peter evil" was never a good idea to begin with, but it was done to justify Peter's dickheaded actions, when Peter in actuality....is a fucking dick, that's part of his character. These movies and cartoons though always have to erase that park of him and turn him into a generic Clark Kent rip off.

Oh I don't think it's a good scene, I just hate when people are so quick to let you know that they're in the know by posting "lol emo dance" despite clearly never having given the scene any thought outside of the meme.

Excellent retort, my 14-year old friend.

Forced with no character. This man ruined it.

Same man who is pushing this bad Venom movie.
Avi Arad. He should have stuck to toys. He was Toy Biz.

He got the Venom popular bite in the 90s and never let go. He's still ready to run it into the ground. As a Venom fan, I hate him.

>Venom was considered "a spin on a horror film"
I can already feel the stench of pure shit. When will Hollywood fags give up on that genre? They haven't made anything of value in decades.

>its supposed to be shit! So that makes it NOT shit!
Are you movieblob?

This, been a Venom fan since i was a kid and Avi Arad is pure cancer, im surprised he isnt as hated as that retard Amy Pascal.
Hope he gets a heart attack and dies soon.

>>dumb and unnecessary "Sandman killed Uncle Ben" retcon
While the idea itself is, as you said, unnecessary, its execution was great. I love that sequence when Ben tries to talk down Flint and convince him to just go home back to his family before he does something he regrets for the rest of his life.

I don't agree with that attitude. Horror can be done well, and it's been proven time and time again. We just need to find something different, not get rid of the genre altogether.

Oh, I'm not saying it can't. I actually love the genre itself. I just hate almost everything it offers these days.

It's pretty sad, honestly. I get most of my spooks out of creepypastas and horror literature. Last book I checked out a few days ago was Coraline; it's much scarier than the movie.

I didn't say that though.

You really think Raimi ruined himself to pite Marvel?

Same except replace creepypastas with ARGs and whatever I find on horror channels (probably the only reason to still visit YouTube).

Back on topic, how badly do you think Sony will fuck the Venom movie up? Keep in mind Sony is run by the same people who think Slenderman is still relevant and if the trailer is any indication it will be a boring run-of-the-mill movie

>When he was forced to use Venom, he clearly went out of his way to sabotage the whole project and his career by making it as shitty as possible.

That's not true.

I would like the movie to be good, honestly. I don't really know that they are going to do, but it would take a lot of talent and hard work to make such a movie work when it has so much going against it, and it's no conspiracy nor coincide why.
I still think that it could be salvageable if they played their cards right and used a lot of "show don't tell", but I doubt they will.

People whine about emo dance and Venom, but let's focus on the real issue.
>I could've told you that your father killed himself by an accident, but I didn't even though I'm your employee and I see how you're killing yourself over thinking that Spider-Man murdered your father
Also, Gwen Stacy is boring and pointless which is comics-accurate but still.

There is no trailer you dunce, that was fan made crap

youtube.com/watch?v=ySy8mcceTno
Unless you're being ironic about the trailer's amateurish quality.

Coraline does sound very spooky as a book. The only reason the movie isn't too scary is that it's an animation. The characters are dolls and buttons replacing the eyes of dolls is only mildly unsettling. If it was live action it would have been horrifying.

Oh I thought you meant the shitty Venom trailer people were trying to pass off here as real, I don't give a damn about Slenderman

>If it was live action it would have been horrifying.
Look at this retard.

I feel like the symbiote story should be played a little more serious than this.

Both Spider-Man TAS and Spectacular Spider-Man didn't a dance number.

While button eyes are pretty damn horrifying, I think most of the ideas behind the movie are what are really scary. The beldam, losing your parents, the dead children, the corruption of what used to be fun and fantastic, the portal itself... The horror is over there; the buttons are a mere visual indicator of how fucked up everything is.
I think the book is scarier because of the narration as well as some other changes. For example, in the book the Other Father isn't a pumpkin that tries to kill Coraline on the garden; it's a formless mass that tries to kill Coraline while they're inside a basement she needs to mutilate in order to escape from. The two ladies that get fused inside a cocoon are also describe much more horrifyingly in the book.
Gaiman also makes the very intelligent decision of describing how Coraline goes from being weary but confidant into her being scared shitless from everything she's dealing with yet putting a facade of bravery just to pull herself forward.

No matter how you look at Venom, there is always a horror element, because it is a monster from outer space that gives you gigantic fangs and covers you in spooky black goop.

However, if you think this is actually going to be a full on horror film, you're mistaken. Plot details have been talked about, it's pretty much Lethal Protector the movie, when they say it's going to be horror they probably just mean it's going to be you know....darker than the fucking MCU and have some creepy shots and body stuff and possibly get pretty bloody, which it rightfully should

While predictable, the sequence of some crooks' POV as they are hunted down by Venom is a must.

Was the jazz music during this scene suppose to be a joke on the music from the old 1970s Spider-man tv show?

youtu.be/viUbVn0-ZQw

oh god who allowed this?

How's the pie?

SO GOOOOOOD

20 years ago he had a vision.

>What’s amazing about the interview is how convinced Arad is that Star-Lord — a character Wizard has to identify as a “mid-‘70s swashbuckling sci-fi hero” — can star in “one of the biggest (movies) of all time.” I’m not even sure if Arad had his name in the Guardians of the Galaxy credits, but clearly he had some role in getting the project off the ground.

cbr.com/the-guide-to-the-guide-to-comics-wizard-89-january-1999/

None of the first three spiderman movies were special or did anything unique.

I think the only thing raimi has been any good at is evil dead.

Which ironically is shitty for the same reasons rail thinks venom is shitty

This was the best part of the whole movie.

Nah, the birth of Sandman was the best scene in the movie.

>rushing the symbiote arc
>ruined sandman by tying him to Uncle bens murder
>retconning Spider-man 1 in general was stupid
>rushed the conflict between Pete and Harry
>Pete and MJ forgetting all of their character development from Spider-man 2 and doubling down on pussy and bitch

how would you fix Spider-man 3

>It's just stupid, the "symbiote turns Peter evil" was never a good idea to begin with, but it was done to justify Peter's dickheaded actions, when Peter in actuality....is a fucking dick, that's part of his character. These movies and cartoons though always have to erase that park of him and turn him into a generic Clark Kent rip off.

I think the film version does exactly what you said as all the "dick" stuff movie Peter does is basically him venting his frustrations at always having to maintain the great power/great responsibility stuff. Being less humble at work, actually taking a swing at Gwen Stacy, and using his Spiderman powers to show off in front of the woman who left him, and realizing that he has super powers to punish the criminal that killed his uncle.

He doesn't really want to do anything particularly heinous.

I actually re-watched this movie not too long ago and I was surprised at how well it stood up as a movie. But that's just the thing. As a MOVIE it works, not as an adaptation of a comic book character. The themes of responsibility and maturity and good/evil are all handled pretty well in the film (if not a little heavy-handed at times) and the arc that peter goes through is in my opinion the most substantial of all three films.
Venom is the perfect lens to see this point of view from. as an adaptation of the character, the film takes venom and mangles/deforms it in order to fit in this narrative and from the view of a fan, It's very understandable why this would piss a lot of people off. But If you take away all the baggage, I think venom was one of the best things in this film. He's not a violent and overpowering foe like Sandman or Franco-goblin, he was that little bit of angst that told you it's okay to fuck over the people close to you because you deserve to come out on top. And for Eddie Brock to be a sniffling pussy made it all the more appropriate for him to host the symbiote.
Ja feel?

Hmmm.... this almost convinced me to watch it again.

Ten+ years ago I used to think the most redeeming part of this movie was the Sandman origin sequence. I'm curious to see how the whole stands up.

>crime against humanity?

It wasn't even the worst superhero movie of 2007- -fuck

>You can't tell me that "Peter's cool phase" wasn't an intentional fuck you. Even the characters he interacted with in that montage looked at him like he was a weird, emo try-hard fucker they wanted nothing to do with.

To be fair, the whole "evil Peter " thing was more of a creation of the 94 cartoon than the comics, and since that was about the only AU adaptation of that story, besides maybe Ultimate, at the time. In the comics, the symbiote just made Peter exhausted because it'd use his body overnight. So it was fair game to show just what effect it'd have on Peter.

>Make it two parts
>No Sandman subplot
>Have the first film deal with the black suit and the addiction of it the focus, being rougher on criminals, and deal with the aggressive personality change without the cringe emo peter BS
>Introduce Eddie as a simple work rival and have it build from there
>Make Harry the main villain having him deal with the fact his best friend is his worst enemy.
>Eventually let the subplot of the staff opening at the bugle come to ahead and Peter either outwits or ruins Eddie's career in a shitty way
>Have them eventually clash and in Peter's fury kill Harry.
>Distraught by this we get the church scene, end it with Venom being born and giving the whole next film to him

Watch it again. I'll be honest, I'm a Raimi-fag and I love his style, and I understand people's conflicted opinion on this film but I assure you, watch it as a stand-alone movie with a script about super powered characters and not as a Spiderman® movie and you'll have a much better experience.
I think most people just have a foul reaction to this because of how it handled the brand and not because of anything fundamental to art of storytelling.