PS4 Spider-Man

>Mary Jane is an investigative reporter
So, why they decided to turn MJ into Lois Lane? Why isn't she a super-model or barista?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pu8GMW5GAPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because a journalist has an incentive to put themselves in the middle of dangerous things, and dangerous things are where the plot of superhero stories are.

Making her a journalist puts her in a proactive role rather than a damsel in distress or distraction from a hero's duty role.

Slott is writing it, it's going to be crap.

fpbp

based big dick

baristas are boring and basically exist at home and at work, with occasionally being able to afford a night out

supermodels no longer exist because supply outstripped demand and the bubble burst

Okay, but that's Lois Lane.

I'd be mad about this, but honestly, I'm just glad there isn't anymore of that theater actress bullshit.

>Making her a journalist puts her in a proactive role rather than a damsel in distress or distraction from a hero's duty role.

>Because a journalist has an incentive to put themselves in the middle of dangerous things, and dangerous things are where the plot of superhero stories are.

It literally puts her into being the damsel in distress role far more easily than before. Having her actively being put in dangerous things for her job is just asking Spidey to save her on a daily basis.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just glad they kept her an attractive redhead.

>stilling being mad MJ is black in Homecoming

honestly though, the modeling for MJ in this game looks great

It puts her in a proactive role of danger where the hero needs to save her rather than letting her be an emotional anchor in times of hardship

>openly praising namefags for basic opinions
No wonder this board has gone to shit.

It's a common trope at this point to copy Lois. Just look at Iris West and Vicki Vale. Also

Iris West, Vicki Vale and Linda Park are unashamed Lois Lane copies.

So did this start in Ultimate Spider-Man the comic or the TV show?

And none are really as interesting. Well, except maybe Linda. She had a good thing with Wally

Does anyone care for Vicki Vale anymore?

Bendis’ Ultimate MJ is a journalist, I like the idea

Maybe people that really liked Burton's Batman? When was the last time she appeared in a comic? Batman Eternal?

>Benis
>having good ideas

Because Lois>>>>MJ.

show me more pics

From OPs image, im not getting how shes attractive.

There's not much to see or discuss yet.

Peter and Mary Jane are 22, Peter is very experienced as a superhero since he is Spider-Man since he was 15, Mary Jane is starting on the Daily Bugle as an investigative journalist, they don't live together but are in an open relationship of sorts, so Peter is probably banging girls on the side and MJ is sleeping with other guys as well.

>slott is writing it
Shit, really?

pete looks like james franco

Comic, after Peter died.

Yes really
youtube.com/watch?v=pu8GMW5GAPw

>I'm just glad they kept her an attractive redhead.
Same.

She's a frumpy black girl, dude. Being mad is acceptable.

>they don't live together but are in an open relationship of sorts, so Peter is probably banging girls on the side and MJ is sleeping with other guys as well.
>but are in an open relationship
>Peter is probably banging girls on the side and MJ is sleeping with other guys as well
What? When was this said? Fucking really?

Those aren't mutually exclusive. Besides, being a journalist means the player will interact with her more during the game.

>letting her be an emotional anchor in times of hardship
Ww, patriartchy much?

Open relantionships are the fucking worst.

pete isnt that kinda guy fucking slott

So peter is a canon cuckold in this game? Lmao

Haha, don't get upset. im putting words on their mouths.

What they said was that Peter and MJ are in a relationship, but not on a serious one. They like the company of each other, but aren't ready for commitment, since they are busy with their professional and superheroic lives.

I'm hoping that user was making shit up. Anyone got a source on this bullshit?

That's a lot to infer, man. I really hope they don't go that direction.

They did that in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

Whelp I tried to salvaged this but fuck it all, fuck this game.

He was just being colorful, user, relax. What we need is decent gameplay footage, none of that flashy E3 crap, and figure out how much Miles will ruin this

>and figure out how much Miles will ruin this
What if Miles is one of MJ's booty calls? Would that ruin the game for you?

If MJ and Peter are in an open relationship will Miles be the bull?

People trying to insert Miles into the Spiderman mythos makes me angry.

is that Ellen Page?

Funny. No, the worst case scenario is Miles getting his powers 2nd act, and stealing the show in the 3rd. The only way Id want to play as Miles, is if he can 1 hit kill every enemy

Because IT'S AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE THAT DOESN'T NEED TO FOLLOW THE CANON COMIC TO THE LETTER.

Becuase EMPOWERED FEMALE CHARACTER YAAAS QUEEN SLAAAY

>"Hey aunt May, this is Miles, the better Spider-Man."

I don't think Miles will play a huge role. They will probably make a DLC focused on Miles, though. This way, they will cash on Mile's fans without upsetting Mile's haters.

When you fail to find any viable excuse, blame feminism and diversity, amirite?

Go back to Sup Forums.

was she cute in that?

But it's not an excuse if it's true.

>WHY ARE THEY DOING SOMETHING NEW AND INTERESTING WITH A CHARACTER THAT HAS EXISTED FOR 50+ YEARS
Dude calm down, we don't even know all the details yet, not like it'll ruin the game.
The only thing we know that'll ruin the game for sure is that fucking Morales is in it, fuck.

>slott is writing it
fuck
FUUUUCK

i cannot fucking stand this dude's pete. There's something uniquely awful about him, he veers from "beleaguered joe" to "somehow unlikable annoying asshole." Maybe it's intentional, but Spider-Man was probably my favorite cape as a kid and now my eyes just sort of gloss over whenever he's on-page because of this guy.

Also whenever people vocally don't like his work he throws twitter tantrums.

>SOMETHING NEW AND INTERESTING

She's becoming a reporter, that's not the least bit new or interesting.

Turning a character into a clone of another character isn't new and interesting.

Its an idea from USM and then I think they did the same thing in the USM cartoon.

I dunno, I guess actress isn't relatable enough or some bullshit.

Morales is new and interesting though??

I guess so?

I didn't care for show much and Tara Strong was typical Tara Strong here.

>SOMETHING NEW AND INTERESTING
>love interest is a reporter

I fucking hate how much creativity bankrupt American entertainment media has become.

So they can put in a shitty stealth mission where you play as MJ.

Oh right, Louis literally created the "female reporter" character in all art and media, ever.
Fucking retards.
>Morales
>interesting
Make me spat out my drink.

>for sure is that fucking Morales is in it, fuck
Too late.

I'm not even talking about Lois Lane, the "female reporter" gimmigk is over used and the opposite of NEW AND INTERESTING.

>peter is handsome
Let me catch my son lookin' like James Franco

It's because Slott's Peter is a submissive, spineless joke of himself. Bendis's Pete is similar, just more incompetent.

Jon Paquette is the main writer, also Christos Gage is involved as well as some screenwriter named Ben Arfmann.

Dan Slott from what I hear is just a consultant but he gets writer credit, that said Paquette calls the shots.

See, if they had Kingsley in the game, you wouldn’t need to do that to have a proactive MJ.

Lois is not the only female reporter love interest, there's Iris West, Linda Park, Vicki Vale, Trish Tilby, etc... it's pretty overdone.

They also made Karen a low tier journalist in the Daredevil show.

That said this isn't the first time someone tries to make MJ a journalist, Bendis did too in USM.

Female Journalist love interest is overdone, have her be a cop or detective or something that makes her proactive and more involved in a crime scene.

It also gives her the means to defend herself.

>Oh right, Louis literally created the "female reporter" character in all art and media, ever.
I mean kinda? She was one of the first

>slott
DROPPED

The only people who benefit from open relationships are women since they're always enacted in ones where the guy is weak and passive and she's been cheating on him already.

this. finding someone to casually fuck -relationships are difficult for both, that's a different issue- is ridiculously more easy for a woman. In an open relationship, the woman gets so, so much more.

>This way, they will cash on Mile's fans

Miles doesn't have fans. Not any who will spend money.

>Louis literally created the "female reporter" character in all art and media, ever.
>Fucking retards.

Yes?

>have her be a cop

If any Spider-Man love interest gets that job, I think it'd be Gwen "Nepotism" Stacy.

I always thought a horror game where you play as Mary-Jane would be neat.

Like an Alien Isolation type of game where you need to guide MJ through a big ass underground facility filled with symbiote monsters grown in a lab.

Maybe she was just a random abductee plucked off the streets at night who was dragged down there with a dozen or so other people by some shady science guys, trying to create artificial symbiotes from samples of Venom DNA to bond to people and sell as weapons. But shit went south after some specimens got out, and MJ needs to escape to the surface so she can alert Peter to this shit, with her only real weapon going in being in-depth knowledge of Symbiotes thanks to all those years she spent being fucking terrified of Venom and learning it all from Peter.

I think of weird game scenarios when I take shits.

Nah, Gwen is so meh.

Now Jean DeWolff on the other hand.

All I was saying was that Gwen following her dad into the police fits more than Mary Jane doing it.

It's a Sony America game, so
>MUH PROGRESSIVE
>BEING A MODEL IS PROBLEMATIC, UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS OF A WOMAN'S BODY HURRRR DURRRRR
>STRONG WOMEN

Fuck man, I'd love for Jean to actually be in the game but I'm horrified at the idea of having to watch her die all over again.

Sup Forums now experts on the supermodel industry