It's Remembrance Day

Why aren't you wearing a poppy?

Other urls found in this thread:

legion.ca/who-we-are/faqs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I stick it in my car's air freshener for the duration of November.

That's pretty gay

its past 11 faggot you were supposed to take it off at the cenotaph ffs

Remembrance of what maplecunt?

That is false af

It's remembrance day not remembrance morning

Are you for real burgerbrain?

because I am not a faggot who dwells on the past

Your supposed to remove it at the eleventh hour you fucking moron

no u

I know about it because I've been to Ypres but in general it's not taught about in America because we didn't have any troops there.

When we saved your asses in World War 1

I don't respect a load of good goy cucks who killed each other for the kikes to rule over us now

I saw Doctor Strange and ate for free at Chili's today. [spoiler]I voted Trump also[/spoiler]

its veterans day here, and poppy is a pretty gay sounding word. Were grilling out down here. Our webber grills are our poppys

I found a poppy on the floor at a pizza shop and wore it literally and figuratively 5 minutes ago.

yes

Nice Canada still keep hold of this tradition desu, you're not burgers quite yet

A day to be marketed to when nobody really gives a shit while you virtue signal. 2 posts by this ID. Step it up.

I did leafbro, always makes me well up

can't find anyone fucking selling them dammit

this shit always makes me tear up so bad
i've had such a privileged upbringing
i can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to go to war
thanks gramps and everyone else who served

you would have seen people removing them after the service if you actually went

Lol

fugging leaf!

World War 1, World War 2, Vietnam War, Cold War, The Great Meme War

Cuz I'm a shipfag stuck on the Great Lakes till freeze up. Would rather be at the legion today, haven't made it on Remembrance Day in years ffs

I had a great grandad who was conscripted into the artillery and sent to the Somme.

He was completely deaf after he came back, probably from the thousands of rounds of shelling.

He had it easy compared to some, still must have sucked witnessing the death from shelling behind the lines though. Poor guy

The Somme was such a nasty day for the commonwealth

cause I'd rather spend my change on donuts at Tim's

I'm a fenian bastard
#NotMyQueen

I still call it Armistice Day. I also call 'Canada Day' Dominion Day. There are a few of us pure Anglos left.

I wear mine.
Pretty disappointed by the other bongs in this thread who are shaming poppies. Respecting people who died for you =/= Virtue signalling, fuck you.

Used to live in Montreal, where the Ceremony is on McGill campus, and every year the pacifists wearing white poppies used to protest (or demonstrate) near the ceremony. Pissed me off to no end. There's a difference between showing appreciation for those who fought and your personal views on war. Fucking self-centered pricks.

I went and got my free meal at an Applebee's while drinking a beer for each fallen friend I have.

Thank God that list has not grown past 4.

I am wearing a poppy.

What I want to know is why the CBC is talking about a dead Jew musician today of all days.

Why would I be wearing a poppy today? Nothing happened ever today.

>American Education.

>There is no set period when the Poppy should be worn. In fact, a person may wear a Poppy at any time. Traditionally, however, the Poppy is worn during the Remembrance period, which is from the last Friday in October to the end of the day on November 11. It is also suggested that Poppies be worn at other commemorative events throughout the year, such as the Battle of the Atlantic, the Battle of Britain, a memorial and other similar occasions. The Poppy is also worn by Colour Parties when on parade and by members attending funeral services for veterans.
legion.ca/who-we-are/faqs/

Tru

it seems to me like artillery would be OK at first, but the more you do it the more absurd it feels. you are hurling explosives across swathes of land in the hopes of bombing the enemies. the degree of separation makes it feel inhuman and cruel. I'm not really articulating myself well but i hope my point is getting accross.

a friend's grandpa said that artillery was the worst possible sound on the battlefield, worse than planes, worse than snipers, worse than tanks and worse than enemy soldiers voices. "it was like having god smite you" he once said.

Poppy's and remembrance day are like the only traditions our country seems to bother with.

You're the faggot, support the traditions of your nation and it's history. Otherwise it'll become a paki wonderland.
You're such a numpty .

Happened to me once too when we had a ceremony in Ontario for one of the few of the last world war 1 vets.

I have never known I was capable of bloodlust until that day.

Yeah. The guys on the ground didn't know they were fighting a bankers war, they didn't have the internet to go fact checking about who's going to make a profit.

These men died because they loved their nation and wanted to protect it. You should honor that by not being a completely vapid dick, at least make a donation.

You aren't any cooler for being such a 'rebel'