That was 100% kino

that was 100% kino
anime is fucking saved thanks to netflix.

truly the evangelion of our time. even though some scenes of evangelion were inspired by devilman

Other urls found in this thread:

go2aum.com/2018/01/06/devilman-crybaby-720p-webrip-dual-audio/
mega.nz/#F!ly4xXLyR!Ftz4RTZP72kqt0k3r7Qi4A
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=19982
devilman-crybaby.com
youtube.com/watch?v=I5Y2NxHHbKM
youtube.com/watch?v=q8bA_K7fC6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it as fucked up as the manga? The beheading and all that

holy shit was it brutal with the deaths
and there is plenty of nudity as well

so fucking good.

Shoot op ill check it out then. How many episodes?

i love how over the top and edgy it was
i'm surprised netflix produced this type of show

here's where I downloaded it if you don't have netflix
go2aum.com/2018/01/06/devilman-crybaby-720p-webrip-dual-audio/

Just looked at this site and I don't trust their link.

it's the same site I used.
here's the mega folder directly
mega.nz/#F!ly4xXLyR!Ftz4RTZP72kqt0k3r7Qi4A

I used jdownloader. which is awesome because it skips those shitty ad link sites and gets you the content immediately

Goddammit I can't tell if you assholes are serious or not.

t. underage faggot

it's MORE fucked up. They added rape and other sexual scenes when the original had none.

I’ve heard I should watch the originals first. In any case it’s caught my undivided attention thanks to me getting into weebshit rn.

I'd honestly watch this one first. It's so good that I wouldn't want to spoil it by watching the early anime.

Read the manga, then watch it.

I really enjoyed Crybaby. I love me some Devilman, and I love me some Yuasa.

I think you should read the manga first.

It's unironically one of the most kino anime of all time. Watching it makes you realize Evangelion was just a Devilman knockoff.

Early Ryo was such a madman.

Dont listen to this guy, you dont have to read the manga.
Take this from a guy who read it years ago, you wont miss out on anything. Only read the manga if you enjoyed the anime and want more over the top stories by Go Nagai

It's a serious show for serious people.

It's not even very long though. You can finish it in a few days reading conservatively

2edgy4me

It was really fucking awful
I get that they had to cut corners but some moments looked like shitty deviantart fanart
Kino as fuck for the first two episode and great soundtrack but what the fuck is it with the pacing ?
When the MC meets his demonic dad in the airport, that whole scene was rushed and had zero emotional impact because of it

It doesnt really matter, why are you gonna force the guy to plow through a manga with a severely different art style he might not even like. It mostly covers the same plot and overall themes and expands on characters a little.
Let the guy enjoy a fresh out of the bakery anime.

So was this guy the same dude from the gay mararhon runner or do they happen to have the same hair style and glasses?

wow so this is the power of kino...

Miko is best girl

Absolute kino. It's not even edgy or fucked up. Just a sad story.

I read the manga of Devilman, it was OK but I wasn't tremendously impressed. Does the animation follow the same story? Is the whole thingultimately caused by some faggot demon that loves Devilman?anddoes the entire human race die at the end?

shit, broke my spoilers
sorry

>mfw, it's even worse than Ajin.

It's a theme with some Go Nagai stuff, until they release a different ending or continuity like Mazinger Z always loses to Great General of Darkness and Devilman loses to his buttbuddy.

>truly the evangelion of our time.
Yeah, no. Eva, at least was good, and had some nice female characters.

Lmao, so Evangelion not only was shit it was a carbon copy rip off of Devilman, som weebs are going to kill themselves

Why are you people so obsessed with "knockoffs" and "ripoffs" and making sure nothing is allowed to even remotely resemble anything else in even the most superficial ways?

>you people
Just what are you implying, guy?

retards, don't bother with them

What's wrong with ajin? Now i haven't seen the anime but the manga is great.

t. plebs

t. brainlet

I'd give it a 6/10.

Starts off good, gets a little ups and downs, but episodes 5-7 were pretty good, then the obvious twists come and it turns to absolute shit.

Plus the artstyle is atrocious, only works well for the faces everything else looks so bad. All the nipples look like some amateur artist made a nude filter.

Makes me wanna check out the original and the manga, maybe those are better.

That guy died when miiko turned demon, that's why she carried his glasses after then. His friends realize when she drops her bag at miki's house.
It's a short scene maybe you missed it.

The runner is another dude and he was famous for over 1 year.

Is it on anywhere else apart from netflix? I share my wifes account and I dont want her to know Ive been watching anime again

Just torrent it off nyaa

Poor Miki, the scene where he sees through her clothes when he is livid after his parents dying and controls himself to not hurt her was one of the best, that was true love.

The absolute state of Sup Forums soyboys, i hope you arent raising Jamal's son

You're on the wrong board newfaggot

Pretty sure TV shows are on-topic on the Sup Forums board.

Except that they're not.

There's a containment board for a reason.

Yes, tv shows are on-topic on the tv and movies board. Sup Forums isn't a containment board

Anime is not Sup Forums you fucking moron

This board is for television and film, and it doesn't say anywhere that animation is excluded.

>edgy
Like, how edgy are we talking? Berserk/Shigurui levels? Is it just resting on being edgy to get views or does it actually have good characters and a solid story like both of the ones I just mentioned?

Stop arguing with retards retard.

You are a retard.

Tell me something new retard.

You are a retard.

Bad cgi, wonky execution, most characters are flat and unlikable.
Imo, it's still better than most others of its kind like Tokyo Ghoul, Devilman Crybaby, and Inuyashiki with the exception of Parasyte.

>This thread was moved to
Ahahahahaha what? This is anime, this has nothing to do with Sup Forums.

It's a Netflix production, meaning it's American. All the episodes are English dubbed.

Eva gets too much credit for "making muh anime dark and edgy" when Devilman was doing that shit decades before. It's bullshit, fuck Eva.

>som weebs are going to kill themselves
Not sure if actually retarded. You know it's a Japanese anime created by Japanese people, adapted from a Japanese manga and then just distributed on Netflix right?

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=19982

Eva only gets that credit from people who don't know anything about anime. It is not the show's fault.

Wow, imagine actually being this retarded.

>Evangelion
You mean berserk

Netflix hired a bunch of Japanese people to make it in Japan. It's anime. It doesn't matter where the money came from. If I go to a restaurant in Paris is the food there suddenly American instead of French because America is where my money came from?

Berserk borrows a little bit from Devilman but it's nowhere near as much of a direct ripoff as Eva.

>Directed by Masaaki Yuasa
>Written by Ichirō Ōkouchi
>An adaptation of Go Nagai's manga Devilman
>Studio Science Sar

devilman-crybaby.com

It's anime.

Actual retards

>that's why she carried his glasses after then

oh shit i didnt catch that. i was wondering why he shot her

Guts, Griffith, Casca, the eclipse, hell even the Godhand are more or less directly from Devilman.

Devilman has been an anime (albeit very different) since like the 70s, of course it's an anime lmao. Then it changed with the manga into something really different.

>Godhand
Nah, the Godhand are pretty much just cenobites.

How am I a retard?

>Sup Forums anime & manga

I was thinking of Psycho Jenny/Zenon similarities with the God Hand.

>anime thread moved from Sup Forums to Sup Forums

What did the mod mean by this?

>scene that was intentionally exaggerated for comedic effect

bait harder

Holding a retarded opinion is usually indicative of being a retard.

He probably can't tell the difference or thinks there isn't any. All the mods by now are probably straight outta facebook.

What retarded opinion do I hold?

>It's bullshit, fuck Eva.
or, if you're the other user
>Eva only gets that credit from people who don't know anything about anime.
Sorry, idk which one of those is you.

What is retarded about the latter statement?

It is factually incorrect.

>Something takes some mostly superficial visual inspiration from a previous work
>This makes it bad

It must be impossible for you to enjoy anything, then.

If someone knows anime well then they also know that Evangelion was far, far from being the first anime to be "dark and edgy." Thus, the only people who credit Eva with making anime dark and edgy are people not familiar with anime. What is incorrect about any of this?

Where did I say anything like that?

>If someone knows anime well then they also know that Evangelion was far, far from being the first anime to be "dark and edgy.
Eva wasn't dark and edgy, tho. That's the label that retards who watched only Cowboy Bebop and Naruto stick to Eva. Eva did explore the pschological condition of it's characters and it did ventured into some dark parts of it, but it wasn't the "dark'n'edgy" type, not like Devilman, which was. And in that, Eva was one of the first to do that, with Key the Metal Idol slightly preceding it.

I was not the one making any claims about Eva being dark and edgy. Eva was also not the first anime to be "psychological."

>Eva was also not the first anime to be "psychological."
Yeah, Key the Metal Idol was.

The Door Into Summer, for example, is from 1975.

>The Door Into Summer,
Ma nigga, very nice manga, and movie is also very good, too short, tho. But it's not "Eva-esque" kind of psychological. Kaze to Ki No Uta would be a better example, it was also psychological, (and nothing short of a masterpiece) but again, not the same kind of psychological as Eva, Lain, Utena, Key. Idk, maybe this distinction exists only in my head.

Is it an adaptation of Devilman G or the Original? Or is it an original Devilman story?

Why does this boring, depressing story keep getting retold every decade?

It's in the actual nature of the story.

Nagai established that all the retellings aren't just reboots, it's just happening all over again. The characters are karmically cursed to go through the same motions over and over again throughout the multiverse, for all of history. There are minor tweaks here and there, but they'll always follow the same path.

Go has yet to establish a way to finally break the cycle.

Probably because there actually is no difference nowadays.

youtube.com/watch?v=I5Y2NxHHbKM
youtube.com/watch?v=q8bA_K7fC6o

Yeah, I guess you're right.

>Makes me wanna check out the original and the manga, maybe those are better.

Original manga has a pretty rushed pacing towards the end too. You don't even see the final battle of it all, only the beginning of it and the end.

It was made that way to establish a downer twist where Akira and humanity loses, but Satan regrets his actions right next to Akira's corpse.

I meant between Sup Forums and Sup Forums, you silly goose.

It was pretty shit. The manga is way better.

Oh yeah. I meant to say the mods can't tell the difference between Sup Forums and Sup Forums.