How come in his Nicktoons video back in 2009, the only Nicktoon he gave a fair review was Ren & Stimpy...

How come in his Nicktoons video back in 2009, the only Nicktoon he gave a fair review was Ren & Stimpy? It felt like he only watched a few episodes of Doug, Rugrats, Rocko, Monsters, and Arnold. It feels like he wasn't as familiar with the Nicktoons, despite existing at the same time as The Disney Afternoon,
Batman: The Animated Series, and Animanaics (Which he gave more of a fair review of)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nyN-HOX5rcA?t=3m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doug is biased as fuck and doesn't know how to structure a proper critique
Which is pretty much the norm for critics, both Internet and "professional"

Anyone?

Most of the people that browse Sup Forumsmblr were 13 or 14 in 2009. Do you really expect a discussion on the Nostalgia Critic from people who didn't watch him?

heres a game I like to play called boy or girl?

youtu.be/nyN-HOX5rcA?t=3m

if he made this joke today

I have no idea why you're trying to discuss a 9 year old NC video on here, but the answer is that Doug just isn't that good at what he does.

He has no particular insights and isn't, by any stretch, a real critic. His dismissive attitude towards Rocko was very off-putting at the time.

I wonder how he'd review Adult Party Cartoon.

Because the Nostalgia Critic is about his nostalgia, not yours.

but he JUST did a NOSTALGIC video about the recently released STAR WARS EPISODE VIII

he really needs to drop the fucking NC name, its not nostalgia anymore, faggot asshole

bump

I was 20 in 2009.

My guess is that he just didn't have cable. It wasn't that uncommon in the early 90s.

>ranting on Nicktoons from the early-mid 90s
>Not Fanboy and Chum Chum or Planet Sheen

Because most of those shows were released and/or got really popular once he started growing out of cartoons. He didn't have as much nostalgia behind them.

I was 21. I fucking hate this place.

Doug has never been good with stuff he doesn't care for. Much of the 'can't be bothered' attitude he showed in his Nick month gets repeated when he did Disney Afternoon years later. The stuff he grew up with gets hailed as awesome shows but anything from when he stopped watching gets written off as pointless.

I used to really like the guy but he thinks he's far more insightful than he actually is, all because he came in at the right time to ride James Rolfe's coat tails. You can see how low he's fallen by the fact he's now doing reviews of recent sequels/remakes and bad media that some fledgling YouTuber with likely 1/10th of his fanbase was lucky enough to first bring attention to.

Does anyone take his "reviews" seriously?

To be fair, Doug is a pretty boring show and I couldn't sit through more than a few episodes either.

He used to be about Nostalgic shows/movies, hence the name NOSTALGIA Critic.

I wouldn't feel too bad though, because even Nostalgia Critic himself has forgotten that.

It is kind of funny how his attitude is generally "if I didn't grow up with it, why would I review it?" when he always reviews new movies that have nothing to do with nostalgia at all

bump

Neither did nchick. She completely passed over Helga in her smurfette principal review. She clearly had never watched an episode of Hey Arnold and didn't know crap about Helga.

why do you give a shit what he does?

meh, Star Wars, Jurassic World, Fury Road, etc are sequels to movies he grew up with