/MARS/

How do we make sure Mars will be great?

How would you treat Mars if you were in charge?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacecraft_propulsion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A hypothetical martian society would be vastly different than any other existing on Earth currently.

The overall scarcity, low population and high levels of technological development and expertise needed simply to survive the hostile environment would make most current systems somewhat obsolete.

>How would you treat Mars if you were in charge?

What do you mean, in charge? As in, living there and governing the colony in charge, or pretending to be in charge from Earth but wielding zero power in actuality?

Keep out the minorities, and don't allow women to make decisions on how to run the planet.

Everything will work out fine.

>What do you mean, in charge?
You have full control over what will happen on the planet.

Kill all the niggers.

It's not like anyone would be able to anything about it.

Theres fucking nothing there.
Why the fuck would anyone want to live there? There is no dream. no wealth. no opportunity. no freedom.

Go live in a bunker in the desert (the REAL desert). Thats what life would be like there.

Btw, lets get rid of multiculturalism and globalism BEFORE we spread that shit to space.

>white man invents everything around you
>white man creates international welfare system
>white man literally keeps entire races alive for hundreds of years
>white man fulfills his destiny and goes to the stars
>then white man drags niggers into space as "his equal" and spread PC SJW BULLSHIT through the stars where it can thrive for all eternity

In that case, I would have to be physically present on the planet.

And indeed, I'd also have to have a sizeable security force loyal to me. Martial law would also have to be instituted to ensure no tiny accidents and missteps turn into an irreparable disaster.

If I also got to control who could come to the planet, I'd make sure it was only the best of the best.

When the situation got stabilized, I'd form a meritocratic system, where only the truly able and qualified would make it into a position of power, and make the practice mandatory by the constitution. No idiots getting the reins just because they yelled the loudest.

>How do we make sure Mars will be great?

>like this.

>no opportunity

>imblygn

Implying what? are you going to mine mars gold? grow mars crops?
Who the fuck wants to settle on mars? The only thing there is empty space. Nutter freedom types are they only ones that want to settle on a barren planet.

What resources can actually be found on Mars?

Holy fucking shit man.

It was a joke. The opportunity rover.

I guess most of the stuff we have here, except those that are explicitly created as a side-effect of life (oil and such).

Send all niggers, beaners and libtards there while the white republicans keep the superior planet

We can drop all the niggers on the moon on the way to Mars.

Only Han Chinese and Germanics are allowed.

Mars needs to wash its taint

BEING THIS DENSE

mars is already great we have to negotiate with the fukin martians .... to be even allowed there

fuck Mars

>when you realize Saturn is the original god

Fuck off, low IQ, you're not invited

I would treat Mars as a mining resource, and nothing more.

Trying to live there is stupidly inefficient, but it has plenty of useful mass/materials.

We MARS now Sup Forums

How do we jump start NASA and the rest of space exploration?

1 moar thing along with the meritocracy enforce an apprenticeship and tutelage scheme for all professions wherein the most qualified can teach others or if they have time take on apprentices

A true patriot.

Mining asteroids would be much better.

A few similar threads ago, a certain user suggested hollowed out asteroid terrariums. After looking into that I've become a believer in that idea. I prefer that to Mars.

Mars will never be great. It's just red sand, rocks, and wind.

Titan, on the other hand...

>Why the fuck would anyone want to live there? There is no dream. no wealth. no opportunity. no freedom.
Human endeavour. We risk stagnation if we don't breach new frontiers.

Who the fuck wants to sail west? The only thing there is empty space.

The necessities of life.

get fucked tumblr fag, they have to go back.

It will be a test bed for new social, economic, and ecological models that will reverberate back to and improve Earth.

The thing I am really afraid of with regards to space colonization is that the ones who really want to colonize other planets are all leftist atheists.

If there ever is a lunar/martian colony in our lifetime it will be 100% cucked.

NASA can't do anything without a political prerogative. When Kennedy set out a goal to set foot on the moon within 10 years, they did it. Now they've spent decades floating around in low earth orbit because they have no aims.

What NASA needs is for President Trump to say:
>"I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, by 2020, of having man in transit to Mars"
and it will be done.

The people needed to actually breach that frontier are the very antithesis of the modern "left". They might want to, but they can't, they'd break after first major discomfort.

>Who the fuck wants to sail west? The only thing there is empty space.

Except there is literally nothing on Mars.

youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk

Your post amused me. Thatnks.

You can always stay on Earth if you want to act like a retard

Have fun living on a gas giant?

Fuck Earth and fuck earth people. Mars is for Martians.

>How do we make sure Mars will be great?
>remove xeno
>remove demon
>remove xeno demon
>remove demon xeno

There may be fossils and microbes. The mysterious "geysers" nearer the poles may be bacterial colonies that expand and recede with the seasons.

Is finding life on another planet not a worthy goal? In fact, is colonizing another planet -- which will be the most astonishing feat in human history -- not a worthy goal?

no niggers, muslims and beaners on mars, it already is great

then we need to find a frontier worth breeching.
If there is nothing else for us in this solar system, then its time to gtfo.
staying here and thinking weve gone anywhere just because of "muh mars colony" is what is going to cause stagnation.

>says the increasingly nervous martian

Mars is like Afghanistan if you're wearing a rebreather. So it would make sense to send all mudslimes over.

>Who the fuck wants to sail west? The only thing there is empty space.
There was a possibility for faster spices by sailing west.
And when land was found, the settlers went there with no expectation of coming back or having help. They knew theyd be on their own when shtf.

There's a bunch after Mars. Mars will simply be a stepping stone.

You think we could do it in 4 years? Pence is all for kickstarting NASA again, right?

Ahhhh Americans. XD We did not know for sure what was there when we started sailing West centuries ago. Go fucking build a Wall. Once done, climb to the top and do us a favour, jump.

Come home white man.

You know its true.

more planets?
Yea, but its not really livable. Humans need real light and nature and shit otherwise the get depressed as fuck. Go look at /r9k/ to see what happens when someone stops going outside for months on end.

There could be some nice ice bases half way out, iirc one of the planets or something is basically a giant gas station. That would be a stopping point to actually fill up a colony ship if it ran off of hydrogen for whatever reason.

What the fuck do spaceships even run off of? gravity and momentum?

NO Trump or his followers

2018: ascent vehicle, rendezvous vehicle and habitation module are sent
2020: manned lander sent

nothing fancy, just regular NASA technology

>Moon landing 2.0
So will we make it an international effort or will we restart the space race again?

>Red ball of worthlessness
Why do people give a shit? You do realize that space sucks dick right? Its just empty shithole.

Sure, other planets aren't as livable, but there are niches that could be exploited. Upper atmosphere of Venus, the Moon, the poles of Mercury, Titan, Europa, et cetera et cetera. There's also the asteroid belt, with resources galore and ample living space if you hollowed them out and got a closed system ecosystem going.

>What the fuck do spaceships even run off of? gravity and momentum?

It's a big part of it, since there's almost no friction in space, you basically need fuel only to accelerate and decelerate, not maintain speed.

Send only the best people to live on Mars, that means no space tourism, no freedom to migrate, Mars needs to be kept well away from the degenerate influences of earth and once the colony on Mars can be self sufficient far in the future cut off all major communication from Earth.

Earth is a complete fucking mess and we shouldn't fuck up an opportunity to start over.

best to have some competition. russia would step up to the plate. maybe india and china would try too. ESA... nah.

BASED

I'm all for it. What Sup Forumsicy positions should we scribe to ensure Trump enacts this initiative?

Trump already mentioned he'd like to basically scrap NASA's earth science funding and refocus it towards deep space exploration.

You ever hear a scientist talk about if earth were just a few more miles from the sun we would all freeze? Or perhaps a bit closer and we would all burn up?

It can't be done

Earth is a rarity on a magnificent size and humans have the audacity to think they can move from this one and only spring of life which functions so quiet and so naturally perfect

Humans are silly, Praise the Lord

What type of fuel do they use though? Do they just vent gas or does it burn?

Id think the main thing to exploit in our solar system is to mine a shit ton of metal only to build bigger and better ships that are capable of traveling (colonizing) other solar systems, and the fuel required to do so.

>meme magic is real
>timeline splits into Trump President
>fantasy literally manifesting
>of all places going to FUCKING MARS

So they don't know what happens on Mars?

Read Red Mars and Green Mars. The Muslims are coming, and they are going to murder people.

You'd also need to bump up their budget a smidge

Don't forget about the Jews Adolf

You can't. A Mars society will be defined by so many factors its impossible to predict.

No Mars mission can carry a meaningful payload without a strong orbital (and lunar) presence.

China is going to take the moon while our drones plant flags on mars.

Seed it with extremophile bacteria/fungus suited to the low atmosphere, low water environment.

piggyback off of these populations as they achieve homogeneity. Introduce further genetic diversity with an aim towards building up atmosphere

eventually you have to do something about water. Doesn't mars have icecaps?

but after you've got a starter colony of life, you can just let it go.

colonize under sealed colonies to begin with, until terraforming is complete.

This would give Libs a chance to praise. Not even fucking joking. The left love science.

"What is Doom Guy?" for $500, Alex

the 90-day case study concluded that $55 billion was needed for the mars colonisation, which was within the budget at the time

NASA's budget is now $18.4 billion, so it's more than just a smidge needed

Nah mane, KANGZ came from mars on the pyramids Mars is their legit ancestral land and we should send them all there.

They literally thought there was nothing to the west, they expected to sail all the way to india or something dumb like that.

you are likely suffering the same kind of delusion.

Basically

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacecraft_propulsion

It's all a bit inefficient at this point, but I believe that emerging technologies such as nuclear fusion will make the whole thing a lot of easier.

You'd think so, but they're actually crying about the loss of the earth science department, because everything Trump does must be really bad, right? Poor dumb fucks.

We won't be able to colonize mars until we learn how to generate artificial gravity. Our bodies are simply not suited to work in a low-gravity environment for long.

>Americans actually suggesting we shouldn't set up a society on Mars
Fuck you cunts are dumb. Yes there's nothing there but it's the only planet we're capable of practicing on. We need to do it to make sure we can do it. Yeah nah we'll just leave it, then once tech advances enough to get us to a good planet light years away we'll settle on that one with zero practice.

>thanks to Obama, space programs are given to private companies.
>private companies make it to mars
>trump becomes president and helps private companies grow
>liberals want to move to mars because of how "backwards and traditional" earth is now
>private companies don't allow them to travel and only select certain people

oh the ironing

Do you really think they will let us into space?
How would they control us?
How would they tax us?
We are not going anywhere think about it.

The amount of evidence pertaining to that is trivial. More research is required on the topic. More research requires actual humans in those conditions.

HOL UP

Hol on, are you seriously thinking we'll find little green men and pots of gold once a mars lander lands?? :D

As long as mass hangings aren't taking place by the right of the left, and vice versa I don't really give a shit. All about Sup Forumsicy. We are Sup Forums after all

Space exploration is where its at and seems like a natural progression of human curiosity. It truely is the final frontier.

Not us like individual blokes from down the road. But a group of highly skilled individuals on a one way trip would breed and develop another society of humans.

Pretty important if you care about the survival of our race to get self sufficient societies set up on Mars and the moon so we aren't all lost should some kind of extinction event occur.

We would need faster than light speed travel in order to reach other solar systems in a reasonable timeframe

38% gravity is enough

It was just a joke desu.
Since NASA is part of defense you could pretty easily find another $40,000,000,000.
I know that the US government is planning on buying 2000 rounds of ammunition (self guided, range of 70 mi) for the navy that'll cost $2,000,000,000.

Basically if the US government wouldn't waste all of their money on stuff that is literally to expensive to test fire that'd be great

But user our helium 3 mines will be on the moon we don't want them destroying them because affirmative action and black lives matter

That is a problem for some far away future generation. We could reach Proxima Centauri in 20 years if we could accelerate to 1/4th the speed of light.

...But then we'd have to decelerate.

>need faster than light speed travel
cryogenics.

>ywn explore the galaxy

The biggest problem is that we have no fucking clue as to what's actually in that solar system so you could only rely on decelerating via retrograde burns, planning on using the gravitational forces of planets probably wouldn't be viable

> not creating your libertarian utopia Cloud City out of reach of the Empire

I want to believe I really do.

In its infancy also and who revives you once you get to your location

Duh

Yeah, that's what I meant. It'd be one mean kick if you didn't do it very slowly.

>How would you treat Mars if you were in charge?

Probably try some teraforming on it...

I figure we can use the great deserts of earth as a test bed for teraforming projects.

> reasonably intelligent AI
> good

Do you feel in charge?

Don't bring any cockroaches up there.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of planet, the right of the martians to keep and bear lazers, shall not be infringed.