What are some Essential Donald Duck Stories?

It is exactly as it sounds. What are some Donald Duck comic stories that are must reads due to their quality?

The Golden Helmet
Lost in the Andes
Horseradish Story
The Old Castle's Secret

Thanks user.
Are those all? Because that list is a lot smaller than the List for Scrooge.

A lot of the best Donald stories tend to overlap with the best Scrooge stories.

Ah, that makes sense. Well in thanks/to keep the thread alive I hopes of more recommendations I’ll storytime whatever I happen to have on my phone. Anyone up for some Three Caballeros?

The movie inception closely mirrored a Donald Duck story. Don't know the name of it though

Wait seriously? No joke?

Literally just read everything by Barks and Rosa. That'll keep you busy for a while.

Dream of a Lifetime.

Any of the Four Color stories fits the bill. Only a Poor Old Man in particular is an absolute masterpiece.

I'll mention a couple of the short stories found in WDC&S that normally are forgotten between the big adventures:

>The Hypno Gun (WDC&S 145)
Possibly my favorite pure Donald story of all time. Donald comes across a toy hypnotism gun. If I'm still awake, I'm posting this.

>Flip Decision (WDC&S 149)
Donald adopts the philosophy of 'flipism', allowing coin flips to decide his fate.

>Omelet (WDC&S 195)
Donald is not welcome in a town named Omelet for very good reason. Based on Barks' own experiences as a failed chicken farmer.

>Only a Poor Old Man

Yeah, start with this one for sure if you haven't read a lot of ducks.

Brofist, Omelet is one of my favorite Barks stories period.

I'd actually recommend holding off on this one for a while until you get a decent hold on Scrooge's character.
Otherwise the ending won't have quite the same impact.

You think so? I've always thought it was the perfect story for starting out since it does a great job of setting up all the main characters. You'll know them all pretty well by the time you're done reading it.

And that's the end.

All Barks or Rosa Duck comics are kino.

Thanks. I'll post one now if possible.

The Hypno-Gun by Carl Barks
Walt Disney's Comics & Stories 145
1/10
October 1952

2/10

3/10
Notice how Donald subtly goes from disgust to realization to greed in the space of three panels.

5/10
>he's his own bill collector

6/10

7/10

9/10

10/10
>yellow hat Louie
The last panel is wonderful in my opinion since it shows how much of a horrible hypocrite Donald can be at times.

That was legitimately hilarious user.

Odd that Scrooge would give it back to him after seeing that it works.

Perhaps he realized just how dangerous it was if it fell into the wrong hands.

>Carajo

Such language!

And he trusted Donald with it?

When he’s seeing dollar signs, Scrooge doesn’t tend to make the wisest decisions.

>What are some Essential Donald Duck Stories
All of Barks and Rosa

The one where he drops Goofy of the pier

Dream of a Lifetime apparently was taken from some movie already. It is the only story Rosa made from fan suggestion and later discovered a movie which premiered just a bit before fan send the suggestion.

Don Rosa's 'The Duck Who Never Was' is one of my all time favourite Donald stories.

>Dream of a Lifetime apparently was taken from some movie already.
Are you talking about 'Inception'? Because that was released several years later and there was a little banter at the time that Nolan ripped Scrooge off and not the other way around.

Well, seeing as both I and the Thread are still here, I might as well drop some of the other stories I have on me. Starting with this one: On Guard.

This next one, “Bongo On the Congo” is one of my personal favorites, for the way it sheds a new light on Donald and Scrooge’s relationship.

No, Rosa wrote intros for all the stories for Finnish collection books, he said this idea came from a fan and that the movie with same plot (which he stumbled upon himself) came around same time as the fan letter.

I checked the book, the movie is called ''The Cell'' which came out in 2000.

Where are European stories?

In Europe, or IDW comics, but mostly in Europe.

It’s hard to imagine a move as bad as lame as the Cell inspiring anything good.

Well, at least it might've made the fan send the idea to Rosa and we got a great comic out of it.

why donald refused? he will be rich

Did you read that comic? Did you see all the Trouble they went through, just for one of Scrooge’s many many mines? Even with all the money in the world, that price is still pretty damn high.

why would donald care? scrooge will be dead by then

Because then it would be solely his problem.

Donald doesn't give a shit about money, only about what money can buy or how it can make his life easier. He wouldn't say no to the money Scrooge already has but he doesn't want to be a businessman and put effort into investing just for the sake of it.

> no Italian stories

so much fail

he can just take some of the money and leave the rest to people who worked for scrooge

I don’t know how you Italians do it, but over here in Burger Land it’s typically a requirement that a Must-Read story be something we can read.

> he doesn't speak Italian

The Kingdom Hearts manga

war changes a man

I'm hoping Fantagraphics will publish some collections of Scarpa over here.

Speaking of the traumatizing effects of war on Donald, let’s story time “The Ice Box Robber”