What is your excuse to not start making your own cartoon?

What is your excuse to not start making your own cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/179115850
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm too stupid and talentless to write or draw or do anything.

I'm too stubborn to give up on an unsuccessful idea but easily discouraged by failure. The consequence is a lot of sitting around doing nothing but feeling sorry for myself.

Not time. Gotta work.

Funding

The same reasons above.

Also I have no friends to VA even if I made one.

learning to draw
one day at a time

Sup Forums is like 10% artists and 90% consumers

a lot of the people here simply do not to want make anything, they want to watch and criticize freely with no input or repercussions whatsoever.

I keep shitposting on Sup Forums instead of actually sitting down and drawing. I got some new art books for Christmas like Bridgman and Robertson but I'm too easily distracted to actually read the damn things in detail. Fuck.
Also I'd like to learn how to paint with watercolors eventually but I don't even know where to start. I've heard that James Gurney's books are excellent, but are they good for literal beginners?

>learns from how to draw mangas
Serious question, do people actually use these fuckin' things anymore?

and before any of you idiots accuse me of something, no I'm not defending shitty artists

i am sorry for you. i hiope you are female and you got many sex in your life.

Im too shy and too angsty to make something that is too bad.

I don't have any contacts in the entertainment industry for me to get a foot into the door at the moment. I'm also working on a bunch of scripts for pilots but considering the state of western animation at the moment, fat luck getting any of those greenlit.

I'm still /beg/ as fuck and want to learn more before I start my own webcomic.

I don't have enough time to devote to it. And I am somehow anti-talented in art so it takes much longer for me to learn shit than it does for the average person...

Making a cartoon you need a big team and bend your ass to some shitty company like CN and never really own everything you do. You can never make a cartoon that's true to your vision, you have to jump some hoops to make a children's cartoon and then hide adult themes in it so that your fanbase is just a bunch of weird manbabies.

Comics are way to go.

I'm more of an idea guy.

>10%

That's way too high

I don't have the funding to make it animated. That's about it.

>Serious question, do people actually use these fuckin' things anymore?
They still sell them, don't they?

>do people use these fuckin' things anymore?
Some people do and some nip artist do too, but they are mostly anatomy lessons. Pic related.

Chad's right arm's a bit shite. Left and right arms musculature's are unbalanced. Neck muscles not properly defined. Lazy ear. Also, disappointing lack of bulge. I could go on.

6/10.

I have trouble mustering the will to read a book, user. Making anything but another x mark on the calendar is not on the table.

>cinched waist
it's good sometimes but I've seen too many artists over use it. I've seen artists draw 'thicc' 'chubby' characters with fucking cinched midsections

cartoons are shit

I'm the same with women.

this

because I'm not interesed, the only think I draw are blueprints

I'm shit at art.

This

it's not that i can't make my own comic or cartoon, it's just that i'm very lazy.

I can write for real people not cartoons. Also I can't draw

That's no excuse, just look at SU

i don't have the people...
i'm only a writter who finished a book.

I have no ideas that must necessarily be embodied in the form of a cartoon.
I would at least make stories based on them.

I can't draw for shit and have zero ideas.

This is like doing the virgin Smash Bros professional vs the chad Football quarterback. Like, no shit.

I don't want to.

I'm not an art student in early 1990s California, but rather an unemployed tailor in late 2010s Europe.

I’m very particular and picky about my ideas and I have no ways of actually making something out of them

guess my problem is, even if I make a cartoon or comic, who's going to watch it or read it without me shilling it?

Funny enough, I'm hopping back into doing a short with a group after a week of making a comic. Also doing cleanup on a personal demo reel short.

I will add this to the bulletin board of my art school.

This meme never fails to make me laugh.

I tired once.

I gave up when I got to the actual animation part, and realized that I couldn't draw.

>can only draw characters from front and side view
Te reason I normally stay away from mango and prefer animu instead.

I don't like the repetitive nature of animating. I prefer comics as a medium.

My art is baaad, I'm working on it tho

vimeo.com/179115850
but OP, I did. I even got nominated for an award

Why did you animate Frisk catching a bug?

His eyes are open, user.

He has seen the light.

I can't draw, man.
I could write one, but it would probably be pretty derivative

ay we in dis bih

because is shit and stale at both time

That reminds me, are there any good supplements for suppressing libido? Adderall ended up spiking mine, and I don't like it when I end up wasting 5 hours beating my dick like it owes me money.

I really just cannot fathom how anatomy works I'm starting to believe it might be a fucking mental disorder

I can draw, just not on a professional level. And I have no money of my own to make a webcomic or animation

They read 'em. You shouldn't.

Lack of artistic talent, which is something I am working on but even if I had that there are other things I am more interested in doing with it specifically game development.

I can't draw but I'm writing stories which I hope to finish someday.

cant draw.
i got the characters
somewhat of a plot

so yeah

Can't draw and don't have the money to pay an animator to do it for me.

because most of the time i only draw to have fun, which makes most of my art look rushed and unprofessional.
Also,im terrible drawing on digital, not knowing how to make clean lines or coloring properly.

Anyone can get a website and publish a comic, with a cartoon, there's the issue of writing something and then having it animated too, a lot of work for one person, I wouldn't have the energy and motivation to do that for a long time. Besides, anything that I would write would probably not have the "wide appeal" to get the interest of a network.

Because I've already got a novel that I will probably never finish to never work on.
Christ, isn't it obvious?

this is why I bitch on Sup Forums about modern cartoons

Why even ask? The reason why is that people here are too lazy to get good or too lazy to actually do something with their skill.

Mulling over ideas. Have a setting but still need to get a plot down. Finally got the negative people holding me back out of my life so it should be easier to sit and write now.

I can draw but I don't have an interest in animating (having gone through the process before and finding it tedious as FUCK) much less telling longer, coherent plots, which is what I'd prefer to do if I did cartoons.

My job is hell on my wrists and hands and I don't have anywhere to store drawings.

I have writing concept ideas but I can’t write dialogue or script the majority the ideas down.

I cannot draw at all.

My idea is my idealized Transformers cartoon, huge fan of the franchise but I doubt I can ever get my foot in the door Transformers wise.

I honestly love writing dialogue
How can you not write dialogue?

Because I realized my 3D rigging skills would work better for me than building any traditional animation skills.

i cant draw much less make a fucking animated cartoon

i wouldnt mind making a small webcomic though

>Get idea for project
>Research it
>Work on it
>Overthink it
>Feel like it's stupid or incompetently done
>Start to feel like an autistic kid working on so e Winnie the Pooh fan fiction wikia
>Abandon it
>Start new project

And that's if I ever start the project at all. Most things start and end with "well, I can't do or don't know how to do that."
>

wise guy, huh?

How do you write good dialogue? I have the same problem because I hate dealing with the dialogue and want to go to the important parts. Can you write up some dialogue right now?

>What is your excuse to not start making your own cartoon?
Too busy making my own comics.

Comics>cartoons.

desu that sounds like something you should ask your doctor about.

>capable of creative output of any kind
>conservative

I can’t draw or write very well at the moment. Not a reason to never give it a shot, just need a lot of practice first.

I have the opposite problem. I can write dialogue fine but I can’t tell a non-derivative story for shit because I’m not that creative. There’s gotta be something I can do about that.

I'm fairly young( just turned 18) and one of my dreams is to make my own comics and start my own comics company that could rival DC and marvel in their prime. I figured that after I'm done with highschool I would try to contact my brother's friend who's still making "characters" and whatnot and try to see if we could collaborate and give each advice on what to do. As an user who wants to make iconic and enjoyable comics, should I pursue this seemingly unreachable dream?

Can't draw
Can write
Don't have a portfolio
No idea where to start

Well, at least Sup Forums liked my cartoon pitch

I can write, but can't draw at all. I'm thinking of trying to find a partner with an artstyle and vision that's compatible with my ideas

I love brain crack.

Busy with college atm, trying to heal from tendonitis too. But graduation is soon and I'll probably be able to start an independent short between doing a part time job. Gonna keep my chin up, Sup Forums.

I have boneitis and no money to freeze myself until a cure is found.

DO IT

Start reading these:
>"Story" Robert McKee
>"Save the cat" Blake Snyder
>"Anatomy of story" John Truby

I can write and come up with creative ideas. Never thought about a cartoon but I've considered a web comic or a game.

My friend has completely stagnated as an artist though and the only other artist I know won't respond to anything. I'm not confident enough in myself or my ideas that I'm willing to do any of this with a stranger, so at this point nothing will come of anything

I don't have any ideas.

Erotic 3D modeling is more profitable.

just make an awesome demo reel and start a kickstarter solely for music and voice acting

>I think a skill that I value can only be learned by people that agree with me on everything.
In other news only mormons can play guitar.

Also would any user know where to start with getting into the comic industry?

dude, are you literally me? cuz that hits too close to home

>Neck as thick as a trunk

Writing characers
Understanding comedy
Drawing character designs
Lack of drawing talent
Crippling fear that it can be better but not sure how to make it better.