what did he mean by this????

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37953528
bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37953528?ocid=socialflow_twitter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Source? Headlines don't mean shit

bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37953528

here's a source for you polite child

Probably referring to the whole pre-existing conditions thing, I I can't think of a reason that everyone wouldn't be on board with keeping that.

bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37953528?ocid=socialflow_twitter

He told the Wall Street Journal he favours keeping two main parts of the bill because "I like those very much".
One is a ban on insurers denying coverage for pre-existing conditions.
The other provision that the president-elect told the newspaper he favours allows children to be insured on their parents' policies.

It's nothing

We already knew this would happen only idiots didn't see this coming. Obamacare isn't so bad just certain things we didn't like about it and plus it was a bonus to drink SJW tears.

MAGA

he is dumb as a rock.

there are exactly two options in his world, which rule his actions and they depend on the mood:
a) he likes
b) he doesn't like

believe me.

spiteful lolbertarian dickheads and corporate cunts

The problem with obongocare is forcing poor people to have insurance.

CTR JIDF

SLIDE THREAD

This is just the media being the media and shit posting here on Sup Forums There's nothing wrong with agreeing with good parts of Obamacare.

There was only 2 positives of Obamacare, Trump wants to keep those two parts and get rid of the rest. The 26 thing isn't that bad actually. If trump can add that as well as keep the original health care stuff we'll be just fine.

t. kevin 13y

Insurers need to be able to deny pre-existing conditions.

What's the point of having insurance if people can sign on after getting cancer? And healthy people only interested in catastrophic have to subsidize these patients through higher premiums?

No, the whole thing needs to go.

It's actually reasonable things from a guy who was SUPPOSED to destroy the world.

I see no problem with this. I think these are the two main things that people actually like about Obamacare.

>logic on Sup Forums

how on earth is that bad? fucking hell you americans baffle me

You're not getting paid anymore, no real Sup Forums would question Donald. and I'm tired of these threads. He's here for the people praise kek MAGA

go home it's over ctr

He means that he understands one of the basic problems of healthcare economics is adverse selection, and that the individual mandate addresses that.

(((Big Black Cock)))

Because the whole point of insurance is to have it on the off chance that something is wrong. If you can buy insurance after the fact, then that isn't insurance anymore, it's just a subsidy.

>no real Sup Forums would question Donald
jej
go to sleep kevin

One thing everybody in the world right and left can agree on, an caps like this are cancer.

If they don't have insurance they don't deserve to live if they get a shitty disease you retarded bong, keeping them alive is a waste of resources unless they pay up

Did you miss the part about "forcing" people? Trump wants to invite more competition into health insurance coverage.

literally the only good part of Obamacare, with almost no drawbacks

we like free will, even if the choices we male arent the best.

I don't want health insurance, I'm 25 and healthy

why would I spend the money I don't need to for nothing?

Trump wants universal health care. I thought we all knew this. He wanted it for years until he started running in the Republican primary. Now that he's president he can push for it again.

>Probably referring to the whole pre-existing conditions thing, I I can't think of a reason that everyone wouldn't be on board with keeping that.

Because insurance is an institution for pooling risk and reducing it, its not a charity. This is the equivalent of "i'm sick, you pay for it".

It doesn't make any sense to give insurance to people with pre existing conditions. The only way to pay for things like that is to raise the cost of insurance. It's already bad enough with 80 year old getting 500k treatments just to live 2 more years. We can't keep doing this.

Everyone gets ill. Enjoy dying in the street.

You've got to get over the Russia thing, FInland.

Trump is actually very much pro healthcare.

He's just not pro Obamacare and he's right because it's a disaster.

Govt needs to take care of preexisting condition folks. Having businesses do it makes no sense. The fair value price for some of those people is gonna be like 500k a year.

Sup Forums is healthier than the average fat piece of shit American easily. We're going to be going for a nice jog past the fat dying wastes.

You seem to know what insurance is.

You need to leave. This is a retard only space

>You've got to get over the Russia thing, FInland.

???

What's the name of the healthcare gonna be now, Trumpcare?

Presumably the sections that say you can't be turned down for preexisting medical conditions.

Irrelevant, that's why we elected him, because of that 1 aspect of it.

Why would anybody be surprised or upset by this? He said repeatedly that the government has an obligation to prevent "people dying in the streets. We're going to take care of them." What did you think that meant? One of the reasons I voted Trump was precisely because he supported single payer in the past and I hoped he'd come back around to it.

Because people are retarded and think that they'll never get sick or get into a terrible accident.

headline makes it seem like he likes the whole thing.

article only says this:
>He told the Wall Street Journal he favours keeping two main parts of the bill because "I like those very much".

>One is a ban on insurers denying coverage for pre-existing conditions.
>The other provision that the president-elect told the newspaper he favours allows young adults to be insured on their parents' policies.

come on.

So he keeps the only good parts and scraps the rest?

Yep, it's all over guys.

Insurance explained for retards:

1) If insurance companies can't deny you for pre-existing conditions, why purchase insurance before you get sick?

2) If people purchase insurance after they get sick, they would have to receive more money to pay for treatment than they pay in, or else it would be useless. This is a net loss for the insurance company every time.

3) So where does the money come from to pay for treatment? The people who bought insurance before they got sick and didn't get sick? Go back to step 1).

THIS IS NOT INSURANCE. It's subsidation. Stop calling it insurance.

Repealing Obamacare doesn't mean to not include what good there is in it when forming a new policy.

Who cares? Until Trump is President he can pretend to go along with Obama... Anything so he doesn't get killed.

Wow you're so smart you should work for Trump. I bet nobody ever thought of those things you mentioned. I bet you don't even know if there is or isn't a way to counter exactly what you mentioned.

HAHAHA I FUCKING TOLD YOU GULLIBLE FAGGOTS

TRUMP HAS SUPPORTED DEMOCRATS MOST HIS LIFE, AND CONNED YOU GULLIBLE FUCKS

I FUCKING LOVE IT

MOST LIBERAL REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT SINCE TEDDY

WOOOO

Those are the exact same things Clinton said she would keep while changing everything else. LOL

>MOST LIBERAL REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT SINCE TEDDY

Would you rather have rato?

This guy gets it.

It is a bad deal,that doesn't mean some part are bad,but people get screwed we need to renegotiation!!

Then maybe insurance is not the best way to handle health care.

>literally the only good part of Obamacare, with almost no drawbacks

>I don't want health insurance, I'm 25 and healthy
>why would I spend the money I don't need to for nothing?

You are painfully retarded. Insurance isn't "something bad happened to me, let me go ask an insurance company to pay for it now". Insurance is purchasing insurance against something that may or may not happen to you in the future to reduce your risk, be in a car accident, your house burned down, or your crops didn't grow this year. For the institution to work, some people who purchase insurance won't have anything happen to them, they pay into the system to cover those that did, in exchange for reduced risk in the case they weren't so lucky.

New technologies make that an issue. We can now screen you for a disease which may or may not effect you for 20 years, and then deny you because it's a preexisting condition.

Do you have catastrophic? What if some stupid bitch on instagram slams into you while doing 50 over the speed limit?

Those are both good things. I was denied treatment for a mental disorder they said I had when I switched insurances years ago. Told me it was a per-existing condition. I was ~24 at the time.

You just explained what insurance is but I'm not sure how that's related to what you're responding to.

He means to compromise. That's what politics are all about. Trump is the negotiator we need. He's going to meet leaders and make deals.

He understands that both sides have good ideas and that making compromising on the strongest points will create legislature that works best for America. He's going to bring this same mentality into meeting with other world leaders and it's going to be great.

There is no counter for the economic reality that there is no free lunch. It has to come from somewhere.

We can subsidize people with pre-existing conditions. Just don't call it insurance and don't expect the insurance companies to pay for it. Because only two groups can subsidize the sick, tax payers through higher taxes or insurance customers through higher premiums.

t. Doesn't buy his own insurance

They also can't deny pre-existing conditions. What if you are fired and miss paying for insurance for one month for a condition that you developed while on insurance? Should you be doomed to a lifetime of debt because of that?

Trump has said from the very beginning that he was in favor of universal health care, but that he was interested in challenging the way Obamacare is set up.

Pay attention next time, you cucks.
Thanks god I at least knew what I was voting for when I MAGA'd

autism

He said there was no draw back to obama's pre-existing protection clause. He also doesn't understand that insurance is for healthy people like him. Just like how home owner's insurance is for people who's house hasn't burned down yet.

You're ranting to nobody. Insuring pre-existing conditions is not always a subsidy. Imagine someone had cancer, they beat it, lost their job/insurance. Now they can't sign up because of their pre-existing condition, despite not currently being ill. That's not a subsidy you moron. Kids staying on their parents insurance for an extra 8 years is not a subsidy.

No, I'm liberal you idiot.

As long as its not pre-existing conditions linked to smoking or obesity, I agree with it

The point he and many of you missed is that by forcing brokers to cover all applicants the risk pool is increased by having a bunch of shitty hugely net negative contributors that drive up the rates for everyone else.

>I can't think of a reason that everyone wouldn't be on board with keeping that.

why should I be in the same insurance pool as a person who is suicidal, either from obesity or sex change crap

let them pay for that nonsense

What the fuck are you talking about?

Exactly. If I don't buy fire insurance and my house burns down, I don't expect taxpayers to pay for all my shit.

Should have bought insurance ya dumb fuck.

This.

This thread is full of fucking autism.

are you retarded?

That's literally the core provision of Obamacare. Saying you like it is essentially saying you like Obamacare.

>keeping kids on parent's health insurance until they are 26
>not dropping pre-existing conditions

It is simple.
Repeal Obamacare
Replace it with the good stuff that was in Obamacare but leave out the shit that causes the rates to shoot up

The mandate is shit and needs repealed.
That is what people have a problem with.
Because when insurance companies know that you MUST buy insurance, they treat you like shit and jack up the prices.

Same reason you have car insurance. Because life is unexpected and doesn't follow your plans all the time.

I call bullshit.
FOR KEK

Based Trump memed the Alt-righters to vote for him, when he was truly a liberal all along.

The mad man.

Econ 101 is autism? Did you learn economics from your millennial bernie friends?

The bill was 1000s of pages and you're going to tell me that it all boiled down to 2 provisions?

he means they are leaving the parts Republicans always wanted.

Prexisting conditions
Same pay against state, age, etc

etc

Preexisting conditions are literally one of the main reasons premiums shot up.

Where did you learn econ? Peter Schiff videos and Sup Forums threads?

>Exception fallacy

Not an argument

Interesting, because in terms of health issues, you can develop them while insured and keep paying for them.

Then, through no fault of your own, the economy can tank, and even if you've saved a huge emergency fund, and been responsible as anyone could ever expect, you could have to go off of insurance because you can't afford anything. Then what? Oh, you have x disease, and you've been responsible, but because of some wallstreet cokehead, we won't pay for you anymore for life.

This is what happens when you vote for a "republican" from New York

But he has the right idea.

People need better healthcare coverage that doesn't fuck them out of house and home.

the mandate for coverage and employers to cover employees or face a fine is big

the 4 standardized policies are big as well . why do i need birth control and birth covered if im a single guy not even dating just sexually harassing my room mate when he has guest over

He was stating an absolute. An exception disproves the absolute.

Life ain't fair. What the fuck do you want me to do about it?

It means he used spicy angry-middle-class Republican memes just to win the election and now he's going to be one of the most sensible, bipartisan, unifying presidents in history.

Yeah, out of pocket and having price transparency works, just like any other market/service in existence.

Just avoid her, dumbass.

Jesus Christ, people are retarded. "Just let yourself get maimed in hopes you can collect on that insurance money." Dumbass.

Edge cases are an argument. Edge cases are the entire point of the pre-existing condition clause.