twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Female character is powerful and feminine

>Female character is powerful and masculine

fpbp

>Character A is in danger
>Asks Character B to run away and save themselves
>Character B appears to do so
>Character A accepts their fate
>Suddenly Character B runs back and attacks whatever was harming Character A (bonus points if it’s in slow motion)
>Turns out they weren’t running away, they were getting a running start

As for bad trope
>“Why didn’t you just say so?”
>“You didn’t ask”

I LOVE YOTSUBA
I WOULD PROTECT HER WITH MY LIFE

I only have bad ones

> MC and Main Girl will never get together based on bad timing, unfortunate circumstances, and other people that love MG In the mix: The Show / The Romcom

> Lies and misunderstandings : The Episode

You need to switch that around my man.

Are you for real!?

Examples of the first one where the show wasn't abruptly cancelled? Because I can't think of any...

Nah, he's just an incel.

>Clichéd villain character is actually a genuinely nice person and the real villain is someone normal looking.

>episodes where heroes break charcter in order to progress the plot. Bonus points if this is a pivotal moment in the plot that affects the story.

>After being defeated, a villain joins or helps the good guys with a possible redemption.

>After being defeated, EVERY villain of the show joins or helps the good guys with no solid reasons given.

> + joke villain makes a comeback as a serious threat to the heroes
> - serious villain gets defeated so often that they become a mere annoyance that can't even put a dent on the heroes and their main role is being a joke over how pathetic they are

Even from rule 34 and edgelords?

> Recurring villain is a mockery of the heroes because of his incompetence
> Villain actually gets serious and fucks everything up for the heroes / becomes the big bad final boss / usurps a villain we were told was the serious one

I'm worried about the shit meghan mccarthy plans to pull in this regard. It won't just affect ponies either. She has a lot of power at hasbro.

I only posted a good example btw

> - villain is an awful person because of hamfisted sympathetic reasons
> + villain is an awful person because they are an awful person

> - "how'd you do that?" "I was raised with brothers"
> + my brothers are actually martial artists

>Hero saves the girl

>Hero saves the villain

>musical episode

>battle of the bands episode

>Character acts like he's the shit
>He's the shit

>He's shit

Wrong order

Good:
>He's shit

Bad:
>He's the shit

I have only BAD

>character lives

>character dies

>character resurrected

> - Character says they will do anything to win.
> + Character will actually do anything to win.

> + heroic sacrifice amounts to nothing, making the story even more hopeless
> - heroic sacrifice amounts to nothing because the character is revived after all is over

Great
>most powerful character of the cast is the oldest one
Good
>most powerful character of the cast is the kid
Bad
>most powerful character in the cast is the teen
Horrible
>most powerful character in the cast is the baby

>Xmas episode
>They say xmas

>Xmas episode
>They don't say xmas

>character gets out of a tough situation with their own quick thinking

>character gets saved last minute by a random character out of nowhere

If you're gonna use buzzwords at least know what it means.

>Hearing the entire opening theme song during the final battle

>Final battle is happening and all it plays is a background song you've heard throughout the entire series

Reviving after sacrifice is the single worst trope in the world.

>its a team sport episode and the characters play against each other

>its a girls vs boys episode

>not liking tomboys

good
>episode ends with everyone laughing

bad
>episode ends with a dance party

Is this
>Bad Trope
>Good Trope
Because if not you have shit taste.

They put a - and + in front.

>character is entertaining both pre and post development
>character has to constantly learn the same lessons every other episode because they keep forgetting it.

Good, because i was about ready To verbally tear you a new asshole for a second there.

>Character gets a lot of money and spends it all without thinking (or they don't have as much as they thought)

>Character gets a lot of money and turns on everyone they care about

I feel like once you reach the last one it circles back and becomes funny

>Things change, characters lose friends or burn bridges.

>Everything goes back to normal in the first episode of the following season

This is one of the fee things Steven Universe did interestingly. Greg getting rich was cool, even if it kind of fucks with future problems regarding resoures.

Examples?

>Hero saves female villain

I have a bunch of bad ones:
>Character is an unlikable, narcissistic and smug jerkass.
>Never repeals this attitude
>Gets undeserved amounts of praise for saving the day, further fueling his egotism

>Character has has hamfisted, deus ex superpower that solves current problem.
>Addressed once vaguely
>Is not mentioned at all until another crucial moment where it saves the day again.

>+hero righteously executes the villain

>-hero lets the villain go only for the villain to try to attack the hero from behind, only to fail and either be killed in self-defense or die accidentally by some other means like falling off a cliff

okay, cumbrain.

That's less a Tomboy and more a Dyke

>Weight gain episode
>It's only the males that get screentime

Very, very basic, but important one

>+villain has fun being a villain
>-villain is a mopey bitch while being a villain

Fucking this, it should be criminalized

>cumbrain
Legitimately haven't heard that one before.

God yes Jojo did that in part 2 and it made me orgasm

>stupid character does something smart

>stupid character does something smart but the smart character takes the credit

>It's a your fetish episode
>It happens to everybody but the female character(s)

>cute boy

>he's straight
Defend this.

youtube.com/watch?v=esY2zdIsKaI

always loved this

How can you be so wrong

>Empire is based off of Rome
>Empire is evil while Kingdoms are good

Flip that shit around. Tomboys >>>>>(power gap)>>>>>Girly Girls.

the good trope u posted IS bad

>Not liking tomboys

End yourself.

That user is talking about this:
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TomboyWithAGirlyStreak
And/or this:
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GirlyGirlWithATomboyStreak

>TV Tropes

I'm not touching this autism with a pole. What are these autistic "masters of pop culture" saying about tomboys and girly girls?

fuck off back to tumblr atheist

>I'm not touching this autism with a pole.
Your loss. It's a great site, autism aside.
>What are these autistic "masters of pop culture" saying about tomboys and girly girls?
Besides the fact that said combinations exist? You'll have to read those pages yourself, user.

>I'm not touching this autism with a pole
and yet here we are

>loser MC actually has a number of talents and skills
>but completely sucks at his job which keeps him from getting ahead

>Villain saves the hero

>Conflict stems from diametrically opposed ideologies/goals that cannot be achieved if the other camp achieves theirs, even when/if the characters in conflict take the time to understand the other side's position and know why they're doing what they're doing, it's not enough to remedy to the conflict

>Conflict stems from a misunderstanding, characters could easily resolve it if they just talked, but they never do because MUH DRAMA!

>Kingdom in fantasy/sci-fi series
>All the royalty speaks in British dialects
Fucking hate that shit

>Good trope
"If you kill him, he won't be able to tell us something very important."
>Bad trope
"If you kill him, you'll be just as bad as he is"

>Hero dies at the end but his selfless sacrifice teaches villain a lesson

>Villain dies at the end and hero learns nothing, or something trivial like "bad things are bad"

It still gets me mad that faggots still to this day think Shulk stopped Dunban from killing Mumkhar because they thought he was pulling that bad trope when he was obviously pulling that good trope.

>Good Trope
"I'm testing your infantile, savage race to see if they can think outside the box and stop them from destroying themselves via time paradox"
>Bad trope
"You humans are barbaric killing machines and we're better than you, so we sentence you to a trial where you are faced off in a 1 versus 1 war against a similarly bloodthirsty and violent species"

>"You humans are barbaric killing machines and we're better than you, so we'll attempt to genocide you all to show you how peaceful and evolved we truly are"

>Good trope
Eternally stoic character gets made fun of by goofball, stoic character owns goofball by turning goofball's joke on him, then walks off while goofball is in stunned silence
>Bad trope
Eternally stoic character gets made fun of by goofball, stoic character glares, then leaves while goofball laughs

Same.

Wait I'm retarded. I'm quoting myself there.

>Good trope
New guy joins team/cast similar to person A, becomes beloved, person A gets jealous of new guy, something happens where person A saves new guy despite jealousy, celebration where person A gets liked, new guy stays on cast
>Bad trope
New guy joins team/cast similar to person A, becomes beloved, person A gets jealous of new guy, new guy is secretly an asshole to person A, eventually gets assholish nature accidentally revealed to rest of team/cast, new guy gets thrown out

>Antagonist's henchmen are actually a nuisance and difficult to defeat

>Henchmen are the reason why the antagonist never wins

>You're not the son of anybody important but you're getting involved because you believe in your cause

>You're secretly the son of the best hero/wizard/superhero ever so that's why you're important to this story!

Batman Beyond did both and fuck Bruce Timm, Dwayne McDuffie, and Dan Riba for choosing the latter for Terry's story.

>He's shit
>Wins through luck and keeps up the facade
(Here's to Mr. Satan and King)

Let's get more specific

>Good trope
Character acts like he's the shit and actually is the shit... but only if main cast and evil enemies didn't exist and there's absolutely no way for him to catch up
>Bad trope
Character acts like he's the shit, actually completely inept and can't even beat a frail old lady, but still manages to convince people

>joke character can be related to when context is provided, and you realize their actions are thought out
>joke character is an overpowered piece of shit that completely fucks up the narrative

>Good trope
Hero tries negotiating with hostile person, other person listens, but still brings up good points to continue to be hostile, both parties enter a battle of words
>Bad trope
Hero tries negotiating with hostile person, other person doesn't listen, ceases all communications, and attacks

>Villain is much stronger than hero but keeps hero alive because they have a bizarre infatuation with them
>Villain tries to kill hero constantly but fails because they're an idiot

>Good trope
Huge twist happens, rewatching first episodes shows foreshadowing of the twist
>Bad trope
Huge twist happens, retconning things people have said and done in order to fit the huge twist

>husband and wife heroes fight in perfect harmony, without a word being said between them
>husband makes the ultimate sacrifice so the wife can live because she's pregnant

>husband and wife heroes bicker and point out each other's mistakes
>the wife is always right

Only a bad one here
>Show implied descent into darkness
>lmao the hero decides he's not a dick and just stops
It's even worse when it's just "they realize what theyre doing is wrong/how it effects their friends"
Good fall-to-darkness stories include why those dark methods would look appealing to the hero in the first place, not just being an evil dickhead for no reason
Pic related is it starting off good but there being no pay off

>+Villain wins, longstanding repercussions for the heroes for the following episodes, maybe even for the rest of the season and beyond.
>-Villain wins; heroes fix everything by the end of the episode.
>---Villain wins, heroes fix everything within five fucking minutes.

Examples of the third?

> Weak character takes a stand against an enemy, even when they know they'll lose
>Main character gets stronger by just being angry

>adults are useful but kids can't reach them or don't want to make things worse by involving them

>Adults are useless because they are irresponsible or have an IQ in the double digits

Ressurection of Freeza

I know there are more examples but DBS is the most mainstream example.

i kind of have a soft spot for characters with like a berserk mode, but i think it's done best when there's legitimate consequences for doing so, or even just for getting pissed off and losing their shit without thinking things through.

Tomboys are shit, though.

fuck off paddy

What if the adults are absent altogether? Does that make it better or worse?