Tropes and the detailed reasons you like or don't like them

I'll start off

>Tomboys
Not all of them are bad, but so many of them are hyperaggressive, snarky, smartass manhaters with no redeeming qualities.
Worse yet, this is so often pitched as girl power.
It's kind of the same reason I never got on board with tsunderes as a concept.
Also, I personally find short hair to generally be a look that really takes a lot to be good.

That's not a trope, it's just you ranting about retarded shit.

My god, all of this shit taste.

Feel free to actually debate me instead of just being a fuckwit

How about a short-haired tomboy who averts every single trope you listed almost entirely?

Nothing to debate. You just have a bad opinion.

Funny you should mention that, Will's like the only exception I've come across.

Then list some of your superior ones - participate in the thread, something other than just being a negative nancy.

>Funny you should mention that, Will's like the only exception I've come across.
All of the girls in that show were written so well, avoiding pretty much every female character writing pitfall I can think of. Extremely unique.

One really has to wonder if it comes from the strong European influence on the show, even though it was written by Americans. As it may be un-PC to say this, but American girls fit the traits you described significantly more than European ones do.

The problem is that feminism has poisoned the writing well so much in BOTH directions that having balanced female characters requires a level of talent very few writers can achieve. (And those writers are even less common for cartoons, no thanks to the Animation Age Ghetto making working in the animation industry an unattractive career prospect.)

>Sup Forums
Fuck you

>complains about Sup Forums
>posts Sup Forums meme
Never change, Sup Forums.

>all this bad taste

>abusive bitch
No, thank you.

>Black nerd best friend
It's not so much I hate it but more I'm bored of seeing it.

That's one thing I really like about the obscure Canadian cartoon Carl Squared: the Black Best Friend(TM) is not nerdy whatsoever, but instead just as wannabe cool as Carl and into filmmaking.

>Bubbly Girls
Bubbly girls are my favorite types of characters. A lot of them end up being the perfect combination of adorable and funny. Their positive attitudes tend to have that comfy feel to them, plus whenever they show any depth or emotion, it ends up working better since you're used to them being happy. It's one of the common tropes I'm perfectly okay with in modern cartoons.

Bump

>Character has some really annoying habits that bother everyone else in the show
>Episode about these habits bothering everyone
>Someone complains about it or something
>Character with bad habit completely flips everything they are as a person and are now an empty shell because apparently the only two options are, complete inconvenience everyone all the time or do nothing ever
Like why can they never just tone it down, I mean, even with characters who I don't think do something particularly bad you can have the other characters get over it, or teach the annoying character to be considerate. There are fucking middlegrounds outside of the status quo. Either confront the issue and change it, or don't confront it at all.
>hyperaggressive, snarky, smartass
You say that like it's a bad thing
>manhaters with no redeeming qualities
Despite the fact you just mentioned like 4 redeeming qualities, there aren't many examples of "manhater" tomboys.
>Implying DBZ isn't honorary Sup Forums

So... I'm guessing you're one of the few on Sup Forums who doesn't despise her?

I'll use W.I.T.C.H as a kind of jumping off point for tropes etc. that I like, done in ways I like.

>Will
The only good example I've seen of a Tomboy.
Sure, she's not super feminine, and does like sports and so on, but that's so rarely the focus - instead letting her just be a character with complexities.
Also, she's allowed to still have feminine traits, like liking it when a cute boy talks to her, getting tongue-tied - and having breast envy due to being probably the flattest of the group, instead of the usual trope of "ugh these things just get in the way."

>Taranee
>Smart black kid
Sure, she's smart, but she's not cartoonishly so, and despite being booksmart, isn't the biggest nerd on the team, I'd say.
Plus, she actually has a temper and loses control if shit goes down.

>Irma
Holy hell, where to begin.
She's kind of the 'fat kid' stereotype done right - i.e., her entire character isn't about eating, but she still has a healthy appreciation for it.
She's also a jokester, but knows when to shut up, for the most part - that's more than can be said for a lot of 'comic relief' characters.

>Hay Lin
She's kind of inexperienced and curious, as well as a creative, and a fair amount of the time that shit's done in such a way you wanna strangle 'em, at least to me.

>Cornelia
>Haughty, spoiled rich girl
I kind of like this trope to begin with, if only because there's always a redemption arc or similar just built in, and it rarely doesn't go through, and generally always ends up with a better character after.
That, and unlike a tsundere type character, at worst they'll disengage over being a fucking bitch, at worst giving a parting barb.

You're talking about the comics, aren't you? Sigh... and here I thought I'd found a fellow cartoon fan.

I didn't even know there was a cartoon, bruv, chillax

I do think what she did in the finale was pretty bad and poorly handled, but I like her through the rest of the show

Are you the same user from Because the pic I posted is obviously not from the comics. Also I was talking about the cartoon in

>A series of uncontrollable consecutive events occur causing the protagonist to do X
>Suddenly villain is shown on screen and it is revealed it was all part of the plan to make main character do X

This faggot can't fuck off fast enough with his shitty cartoon.

For tropes in general, I'm just kind of bummed there aren't more examples of 'playing with tropes' or subverting them, inverting them, or whatnot.

How exactly do you define "tomboy"?

The exact definition of the term is subjective. To some, for a girl to qualify as a "tomboy" she only has to have a few stereotypically masculine interests. To others, she has to be borderline trans.

You can't say "tomboys" in cartoons are annoying because your statement is catered to your own definition of tomboy.

>character has a really lame super power
>power becomes massively over powered when they use the power creatively

I have a big thing for underdogs and any fight that requires the characters to create strategies rather than just beat on each other is infinitely better.

What are you talking about? The current day trend is to invert tropes. They've inverted tropes so hard these days they've become tropes in and of themselves.