How can one man be more professional in animation then a whole entire crew of cal art graduates?

How can one man be more professional in animation then a whole entire crew of cal art graduates?

If you can't manage a production/writing team your show will definitely be shittier than 1 guy with talent who doesn't have to listen to other people's opinions and gets to create whatever the hell he wants.

>boring ugly designs
>can't even get basic composition right

Fuck off. Bung is amateur-tier.

Outta here, shill

Wow, great response. Diamond-plated argument, how can anyone possibly refute that?

Is there some information on how he creates his cartoon?

Animation is the weakest part of Confinement, why would you make a thread like this?

>fedoras think they deserve to be reasoned with

Probably because its still impressive he does it alone and has thus far pumped out one episode a month. Its inspiring really.

How the fuck is this professional? I knew about keeping line weight consistent back when I found out how to use Macromedia Flash in my junior high school days. This dude is just figuring that out as a concept?

Toonboom literally has controls that do it for you automatically now.

Kill yourself faggot, Bung is a fucking hero putting out quality animation on Youtube when they'd rather feature some faggot parading a dead body for views.

>solo guy who's funded by youtube ads and patreon isn't making professional animation
weird

>uniform line weight a good quality

This is what confuses me.
Thicker lines the closer to the camera you are is a basic principle. Like fucking 101 shit.
Why is this being praised as amazing?

>line width consistency on zoom

It's literally one fucking click in toonboom.

Even beyond that, totally uniform line weights on a single character or object is already flawed.

Wouldn't the shill be OP?

That's a stylistic choice at best, not an animation fundamental.

>One click in boomtoon
at this point we should let an entire algorithm create cartoons for us.
just cut the middleman.

The industry is just THAT deep in the gutter. When you're drowning in shit, a pile of mud will look like an antiseptic.

they can't
that is why you must take a knife, slit your wrists, then slit your throat, then cut your gut open ,and strangle yourself with your own intestines

More like "i don't know shit about animation and people called me out for out so i'm going to pretend like newgrounds-tier animation is the greatest thing ever"

>1 guy with talent who doesn't have to listen to other people's opinions and gets to create whatever the hell he wants.
This. Although I sorely wish Bung had more funding to improve animation/framerates, I absolutely DO NOT wish for any studios (Netflix/ Adult swim) to pick up his series. I feel as though quality will actually decrease. Am I the only one who thinks this?

>How the fuck is this professional?
It isn't. There's literally only 4 episodes.

One, it's an excuse for a Confinement thread.
Secondly, weak as it is, he's improving.

It still beats stuff like this.

Steven Universe is shit for a ton of reasons but there's nothing inherently wrong with inconsistency itself.

It really isn't. Confinement is newgrounds shit, holy FUCK how can anyone on Sup Forums unironically praise the animation?

Sup Forums really knows fucking nothing about animation.

Well yeah- he’d lose all say in being able to control any part of it

No one praises the animation. Stop making claims that no one else is making.

Occasional inconsistency is forgivable. Variation between teams is understandable.
Not having any consistent model is lazy.

Yes, but OP was calling a guy who didn't know basics in animation programs "more professional" than people who actually knew how to use them.

>"Animation thread"
>not a single gif or webm in it

For being one person it is.

How can you actually defend SU?

Probably because he's actually trying to improve his work rather than using the same shitty style for multiple seasons.

This. The only thing art-wise with Steven Universe that really fucking bothered me was Helen Jo. She was fucking awful with her stiff poses.

The writing is the main bother.

Are you fucking kidding me? Look at the OP, dumbfuck.

It is a fundamental if you're using Lineart.
You can break it if you want, but it is a basis.

Wrong.

This is also known as LOD in 3D animation and game design. It helps to improve performance and render times, giving priority to objects closer to the camera (or the player).

It's good that he's incorporating it to his stuff. Maybe he'll even try some ambitious camera movements, if he's good enough to transition between each. Good stuff.

>there's nothing inherently wrong with inconsistency itself.
Explain.

There's hardly any animation there, but anime gets away with its praised due to the abundance of detailing.

Anime doesn't do it, and is careful about zooming in and out of images.

you ever think that maybe these solo artists get tired of doing all the work themselves after a while?

He's talking about a professional attitude of actually trying to do a good job instead of the laziness of the steven universe staff. Not the actual product quality.

>doing the bare minimum is "professional"

I'm sorry, do you think it's custom for a show to change styles every season?

Anime gets praised because it actually works with angles instead of stick to the same old medium-to-long shots American animation is seemingly so obssessed with.

No but it's more professional than the su crew.

It depemds on each person. I'm quite happy working on my own stuff by myself, for example, but he might be tired of, say doing all his tweening, or having to edit dialogue, etc.

Oops. Didn't mean to quote that first post.

American animation doesn't need to be creative.
Sup Forums sometimes forgets that cartoons just need to be as cheap as possible and entertain kids or tell dumb jokes to adults.
Neither of these requires good art direction.

>There's hardly any animation there
I can't be bothered looking up a brainlet wojack image right now, but just imagine it's to the left of this post.

why are you so obsessed with SU

It kind of is.

If you're not professional, you don't do the bare minimum. There's a difference between being proficient and being professional.

He wants to start some shit.

Just ignore him and talk about animation.

You know you could just say "in 3dcg" right?

I don't think the animation in the videos is stellar but I do appreciate his willingness to grow and do more. I don't really know if you can call him more professional than the SU crew or anything, though. I think Sup Forums kind of overrates his stuff a bit, too, but that's okay. Having anything interesting with SCP shit is admittedly cool and is bound to draw in anons.

>Character acting
>Dynamic camera and posing
>Effect animation for the attack
Are you well? Do you have brain damage?

The tread is about steven universe you retard. The fuck show do you think op was talking about?

Remember back when we could blame style inconsistency on the fact that the characters could shapeshift?

Then it started happening to Peri and Connie.

>acting
>face is still
>attack animation
>static sphere that has no refraction shift on it
It has a nice camera shift, but that's hardly animation, the face remains static through the whole thing.
Seriously people overrate shit too much here.
Then again it's TV anime, so you can't really be harsh on it, that's unfair.

"entire crew of cal art graduates" could describe basically fucking anything because Sup Forums uses calarts as the boogeyman

>blame style inconsistency on the fact that the characters could shapeshift
That was straight up handwank probably created by the staff themselves, since they are obviously browsing this shitty place even if they deny it.

Oh my wrong gif, I sure do look silly.

The camera shifting is animation, and animation means more than animating funny faces.

>Then again it's TV anime, so you can't really be harsh on it, that's unfair.
TV anime is better than anything ever made in America.

I guess, yeah. Just wanted to make the distinction between game design and actual animation, but I suppose it doesn't matter.

SU barely has anyone from Calarts working on it. Rebecca tried to hite people who studied in otger schools or never worked in animation, to avoid just picking people from Calarts.

You dumbfucks REALLY habe no idea on what you are talking about

>TV anime is better than anything ever made in America.
? I'm not defending America's TV animation. It's lazy because it doesn't have to be good. Why waste more money if your product will do as good for its intended purpose (children, stupid adult jokes)
All of their talent goes into 3D movies which blow literally every region out of the water, and are way more financially successful, to the point even Japan will rank Disney 3D movies among their top animation flicks ever.

There are five anime movies in the Japanese all-time top 20 vs. one American animation: Frozen. Frozen is #1, Spirited Away is #1, and Your Name is #4 and virtually tied with Frozen.

It's incredibly distracting, unpleasant to look at, and clearly a large amount of people just plain don't appreciate the lack of effort and professionalism.

>frozen is #1

japs confirmed for shit taste.

Minor point but I don't see how that changes what I said. The 2d industry in America does not matter.
They know that, hence why all their talent is in 3D movies, for which they are indisputably #1 in all fields.

Shit I meant Frozen is #3.

Most people on Sup Forums have zero experience and knowledge about animation. Actually trying to have a serious discussion about animation on this website is a waste of time.

Well lod's are used pretty much everywhere in 3dcg if not only with mesh lods then with animations, effects, simulations and maps(textures/images). From what I can tell line weighting really has nothing to do with lods though as it has to do with making sure it looks good and consistent when scaled down rather than lowering resolutions to be quicker to render

I'm sure you're a truly gifted professional yourself.

twitter screenshots should be a bannable offense.

How does that make it any better? Japs have shit taste if frozen is considered amazing over there.

>Japs have shit taste if frozen is considered amazing over there
Frozen is considered amazing all over the world and one of the biggest financial triumphs of Disney's animation in recent memory.
Sup Forums seems to keep forgetting that a hipster's opinion is not facts.

I didn't say anything about Japanese taste, I just stated box office facts. And Frozen was mega popular all over the world.

Wow jeez, if it's popular then it MUST be good. I'm glad we can all agree that micheal bay's transformers is an absolute masterpiece of a film series.

Dude, not saying things randonly based on your feelings already puts you miles above most anons discussing animation or the industry here.

I mean, a simple research could deal with most of the stupid things that people say here.

Yet Disney became one of the biggest media companies in the world making animation that actually had good direction, acting, and composition.

It's almost producing content that does more than make you a quick buck will create a reputation that brings people out to give you more money in the long run. And that short term strategies that disregard this are inevitably doomed to be eclipsed by the next thing that catches someone's attention.

I didn't say anything about whether or not Frozen is good.

you now realize that movies and television are different

Cartoons =/= movies
Also people actually gave a shit about american TV cartoons back in the day, especially during Disney's TV heyday

Why do people use gif when webm exist?

Like what? Low-budget hanna barbara garbage? The trash from the 80s?

No real reason for a webm if the thing is simple enough, like a simple reaction shot

They way I see it, it's less about the line weighting and more on the downscaling and simplification of the design. I interpreted that as an equivalent to LODs because it depends on the distance the character has to the camera.

But yeah, I agree, the function those downscaled designs have on the actual frame and the animation is completely different, and merely aesthetic.

>>acting
Yeah, it's good
>>face is still
Only on the cat thing, which is supposed to be that way from my limited understanding of Jojo. You're completely ignoring literally every other part of that gif
>>static sphere that has no refraction shift on it
>"This small detail that really shouldn't change that much considering the angle the sphere is shown from and the fact it's not moving much, really disproves the fact that this scene is decently animated"
Stop being retarded.
>It has a nice camera shift, but that's hardly animation
You have no idea what animation is.
>Seriously people overrate shit too much here
Sure, but this isn't an example of it.
>Why waste more money if your product will do as good for its intended purpose
Except it doesn't, which is why more successful animation tends to have better animation.
>TV anime is better than anything ever made in America.
Congratulations, you're a fucking mongoloid with no capacity for original thought, back to Sup Forums with you
You realize being popular doesn't make it good right? And being more popular in it's country of origin means even less.

cause I still got all these gifs from before webbums were invented

the character is literally meant to not emote, the face is supossed to be static as part of the design, as the character is a physical manifestation of the soul of the villian, who shows to have no compassion or empathy
Ans not, its not done as an excuse to not animate the emotions, it was like that in the original manga too
the other character in the abdomen of the emotionless one does emote
also, have you ever heard what "body language" is, the character doesnt need to be making a wacky face for it to convey its a powerful attack

>Congratulations, you're a fucking mongoloid with no capacity for original thought, back to Sup Forums with you
Most of Sup Forums are cucks who think that American animation is better. Even though it isn't. Sorry.

>You realize being popular doesn't make it good right?
You realize being popular doesn't make it bad right, and that your opinion on the quality of these movies is irrelevant?

Ummm....can I talk about SCP please while you guys bitch about animation?

What SCPs do you want to see next in the series?
I want to see 811 meet Conner.
It would be cute.