Why isn't there a Wonder Woman animated series?

Batman and Superman have gotten so many tries, and you would think with the success of the movie, DC would capitalize on it.

I'd love to see WW's lore and supporting characters and villains actually used and explored for once.

Other urls found in this thread:

femmes-fatales.deviantart.com/gallery/39169689/Wonder-Woman-Family
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no none has figured out how to write WW since the 70's

DC isn't making many animated series right now

Justice League Action probably wasn't renewed.
Young Justice took a huge fan campaign to get brought back for season 3, and if everyone just pirates it again then they won't make a season 4

All that's left is TTGo and the DC Superhero Girls webseries.

Your best hope is for a series of animated movies

wouldnt a WW cartoon help streamline her mythos and actually boost visibility so that writers will actually do it the right way? BTAS helped Batman a lot.

>and if everyone just pirates it again then they won't make a season 4
That was never the problem with YJ, don't be a faggot.

>Your best hope is for a series of animated movies

maybe a sequel to the WW animated movie? Would be cool if it starred Circe

Doing one on Azzarello's run would be fun.

I want to see Cheetah done in it.
It really deserves a sequel though.

It's going to be exclusive to the new DC streaming app. At least for the first few months before it finally gets put on Netflix.
And the majority of the audience isn't going to pay extra for yet another streaming service.
Ergo it's going to be pirated.

Are they going to have a decent toy line this time? Because that's the only thing that might save the show.

>since the 70's

I'd like a mix of traditional Wondy lore and the Azzarello lore.

I like the idea of the Greek Gods being the Old Gods and tied up with the New Gods. Orion's intro was pretty cool.

What about Circe and Cheetah? Barbara Minerva being WW's friend only to be later turned into Cheetah by Circe

Because cartoons, especially from the 80s and 90s, were created expressly to sell toys. And girls don't buy toys.

Now they're made to fill time because nobody buys toys beside manchildren who watch cartoons. So they're shitty and pander to faggots so that faggot ass parents put their little faggotspawn in front of the tube if they can't afford a tablet.

>maybe a sequel to the WW animated movie? Would be cool if it starred Circe
I'm surprised they haven made a new one yet.

>Why isn't there a Wonder Woman animated series?

Because people don't like Wonder Woman nearly as much as the media would have you believe.

I don't know if someone could pull it off but I hope they will try. I would like a series where she has to fight the lesser enemies but beat the big bad with differently. For example I loved how he beat Ares once by pointing out he will lose his worshippers by making nuclear war reality. And that other time when she fused her soul with Darkseid and made him a little good. Or when she stopped the out of control Superman by taking his punches.

That would be a pretty good twist. Makes Cheetah a sympathetic villain.

I don't know it would work without a long build up. And Cheetah was always the opposite of Diana, evil even as a human.

>used and explored for once.
What is there to "use and explore"?
For the longest time her arch-nemesis was Cheetah, a character so bland and shallow she eventually got the boot to be replaced with the god of war because, even if he isn't original, at least he has SOMETHING going for him.
WW herself, her lore and support characters are interesting, yes, but the conflicts she gets in have always been boring and that's what makes or breaks a cape show.

Oh, not to mention, the core audience of that show would be males anyway. Girls generally don't like those kind of stories. Which is why WW was created by a male.

another factor: most of Wondy's rogue gallery isn't as impressive or memorable as Bats or Supes'.

WW was shit in the 70s, and 60s and 50s for that matter. It wasn't until the 80s that they actually figured out how to write her after Marston died, and even then they've been fucking it up and fixing her again over and over for decades since.

This is definitely a factor. Wonder Woman has like, five villains of note
>Cheetah
>Giganta
>Dr. Psycho
>Ares
>Circe

>is must reading
very grammar.

Well, the logical way to make people like Wonder Woman is to make something good featuring her. Just like how nobody liked pirates until Johnny Depp.

Even the DCAU had no idea what to do with her, but that doesnt mean she's a lost cause. I would love for her to get a solo series
I disagree. It's not that they're not impressive, just not well known, and underutilized. The fact that most of them don't have a public preconceived interpretation such as Hamill's Joker, means the creators are free to do their own thing.

Justice League Action Wondy is no joke my favorite Wonder Woman design.

>Because people don't like Wonder Woman nearly as much as the media would have you believe.

but they just loooove Guardians of the Galaxy, amirite?

Same.

It’s her hair.....it’s awesome.

People don't like anything if you don't sell it to them. Nobody's born liking Batman.
If anything, the movie showed that people are actually open to like Wonder Woman, as long as you give them something that isn't shit (and you market it properly).

>Ergo it's going to be pirated.
Of corse it will, but that was never the problem with YJ. It got cancelled because of the toy line, not the ratings.

Legend of Korra proved that a female warrior animated show could work.

The point of an animated series is to make Wondy's cast/villains work. Batman's villains were once jokes a long time ago too.

Cheetah can be fixed, but needs work. Same goes for Giganta, Silver Swan, Dr. Psycho etc. The fact is that nobody has really sat down and attempted to examine WW or used her villains in interesting ways. DC is so Superman/Batman centric that WW villains are never shown in cartoons or comic events as relevant.

The Wonder Woman animated movie sold poorly to begin with but all the sales after the initial release added up to make it one of the better selling animated movies.
It selling badly at first caused the Batgirl Year One movie to be cancelled and for them to take Supergirl's name out of that Superman/Batman movie.

>Legend of Korra proved that a female warrior animated show could work.

>Batman's villains were once jokes a long time ago too.
What are you even saying?

>Even the DCAU had no idea what to do with her, but that doesnt mean she's a lost cause. I would love for her to get a solo series

dont you think the movie (both persona and design wise) has breathed new life into the warrior princess/peace-loving diplomat angle for WW? That is full of potential and would give so much for a show to deal with.

Plus you could always go the powerless route for an arc with Diana under the tutelage of I Ching for a breif time.

There's so much fun things to work with.

>>Batman's villains were once jokes a long time ago too.

are you saying there wasnt a time when Batman's villains werent run-of-the-mill Golden Age/Silver Age cartoons?

It took someone with creativity to flesh them out

Bruce Timm or Paul Dini pretty much admitted they had NO IDEA what to do with Wonder Woman in the DCAU.

Had they had an idea by reading any of her fuckin comics she not only would have been better in the DCAU, but they might have been able to push for a Wonder Woman: The Animated Series

>are you saying there wasnt a time when Batman's villains werent run-of-the-mill Golden Age/Silver Age cartoons?

No, I'm saying that never made them jokes except to edgy teens and manchildren.

There is a deviantartist that drew some pictures about a Wonder Woman animated series.
femmes-fatales.deviantart.com/gallery/39169689/Wonder-Woman-Family

>Which is why WW was created by a male
Who was inspired to do it by his two lesbian girlfriends.

I really liked the animated movie, in fact, its a 100x better than Gal's overrated shit

if they made one, it'll just be a warrior woman Wonder Woman just like the movies where she uses her most powerful move on a defenseless human. so fucking stupid.

They were his wives and no, they were just his muses and gave some advice, but the core of the idea and the stories were all his.

No kidding can we please have a series of her where it's just like this?

This looks legit nice, would watch.

Korra sucked, but that's entirely due to poor execution. The point he's trying to make is that kids loved it despite the MC having a vagina.

I like it, especially the revamps of Doctor Poison, Baroness Gunther and Blue Snowman

>The point he's trying to make is that kids loved it despite the MC having a vagina.

I wasn't making it about female protagonists either.
It's about genre, females don't like cape stories, whether they have an all-women cast or not.
The most successful capeshit movie among females is Thor, and that's because it was turned into YA shit.

t. plebeian

still of the opinion that Wonder Woman magical girl would have been a hit.

tfw no Wonder teen mahou shoujo series by Kyoani

the dc superhero girls is gonna get a reboot by lauren faust i think

Kids loved it so much it couldn't even stay on broadcast for the entirety of its run and got kicked onto online only.

what's the source of that

wonder woman doesn't have much of a rouges gallery so finding villians would be tricky. by the way she does have good villians like ares cheetah giganta dr psycho and Dr poison

>Who was inspired by his fetish for lesbians and bondage.
fixed

It WILL be a problem because of the new Streaming service

Even if it was aired on television, CN's tendency to fuck over cartoon schedules would kill the ratings too. Justice League Action aired once a week at 7:30 am on Saturdays.

Ratings matter, advertising revenue matters. And you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise

That shit should have been made forever ago. It's been 9 years :-(

You could potentially connect Silver Swan to Circe as well

Giganta too if you want to bring back the gorilla thing

That little girl looks like Jan-Michael Vincent after the booze.

But that's grammatically correct.

>Batman's villains were once jokes a long time ago too.

Over half a century ago you absolute moron.

Damn. I see it.

Adam West's Batman was pretty intentionally campy, user.

>so many tries
They didn't try, they were good.

I hope they use this style again
I need a break from them always using Bourassa

Wonder Woman's only good villain is Dr. Psycho and casuals will complain about DC ripping off Marvel because of the whole "female hero - mind-controlling villain" thing.

>tfw no cute DC anime like Marvel makes for their heroes.

why would casuals think that's a Marvel thing?

Jessica Jones, duh.
I mean, I've seen people complain that Darkseid is a Thanos rip-off. Do you think this would be too much of a stretch?

Messner-Loebs is unironically the best Wonder Woman writer

Campy, yes.
It was never meant to be a joke or a parody.

>Jessica Jones, duh.

Didn't even remember that shit
A lot less people have watched it compared to the real MCU, that's for sure

Maybe, but there will still be fags who'd complain.
I wish I could forget it, people just kept buzzing in my ears about how "good" it is.

DC greenlit a Harley Quinn animated series
and YJ season 3 is happening
Wondy just isn't popular enough to warrant it

I think a big thing is her rogues gallery is kind of lame for how powerful and important she is. Other than Ares and Circe, who are her main enemies? Giganta and Doctor Psycho? Just doesn't compare to Batman's villains.

Its not powerlevel autism, batfag, its exposure. That and they job like nobody's business. There isnt anything wrong with her rogues, just how they're implemented

I really want to bring back and modernize silver-age Doctor Cyber as an international crime cartel. We don't actually get that many of those. Usually it's corporations, government organizations or shit like HYDRA.

If you weren't such a casual you'd know that any rogues gallery can be improved simply by media exposure. Weren't Riddler and Mr. Freeze all but forgotten until Batman: TAS?

Riddler kinda, Denny O'Neil didn't like him that much so he got very few appearances and was mostly treated like a goof. Mr. Freeze was dead at the time of his episode.

Setting aside the fact that Batman is one of two superheroes to have an extensively well-known rogues gallery and as such is an outlier among heroes, he's got only about a dozen A-list villains and of those most of them are more well known for how they look rather than the quality of their stories.

I was gonna insult you, but then I realised this is a genuinly good question

>Sup Forums logic

You're kidding. Children have loved pirates for nearly a centuary!

What kids loved Korra? I can't imagine any kid thinking she's cool. Everything about her and the good guys was so fucking lame. It's one of those things where I imagine the kids would be cheering for the villains.

Couldn't they just take the best villains from the comic and make up new ones?

Actual children wouldn't really have an issue with the first season unless they were really paying attention to the plot or cared about shipping.

But did kids actually like her? I can't imagine kids going for that when they have batman or dragon ball. Who would want to watch some bitch with an ugly face whine, moralize, or play volleyball when batman has gadgets, colorful villains, and Goku can punch things really hard.

Because why make a WW series for when you could make another Batman series and get reliable ratings.

I mean I remember that the creators actually had some pushback from Nickelodeon due to them thinking an action series with a female protagonist didn't have an audience, but it seemed to have tested extremely positively with kids of both genders, so it had to have at least initally be.

I really never got the popularity of that show or Avatar. You had ugly characters weak action and bad comic relief.

I think you could have an action girl with kids but you'd need to tilt the scale towards girls. People like seeing heroes of their own gender. To get boys watching you'd make it sexy. That's the reason Sailormoon stayed on for so long.

Thats not true, the original Power Puff Girls was fine, and it had both a boy and girl audience

>It WILL be a problem because of the new Streaming service

In that user's defense, you did say "Pirate again", implying that Pirating was the initial problem with the first two seasons.

See, that's what the executives thought and they were wrong.

>To get boys watching you'd make it sexy

We are talking about a target audience too young to have that as their main focus.

It doesn't matter that she's a girl. It just matters she's not girly.

Powerful girls is more of a comedy. I said people prefer action with characters of their own gender, comedy is different. I don't think you could WW as a comedy.

If I had to pick a reason Korra succeeded it would be because of the animation, that's certainly what it was being praised for at the time.

>We are talking about a target audience too young to have that as their main focus.

I think the audience watchin Wonder Woman would be about the same age as the audience watching Sailormoon.

>It doesn't matter that she's a girl. It just matters she's not girly.
Are you argueing against someone being girly? If that's the case I'd ask how would be a non-girly female action hero not just be inferior to a male action hero? You're alienating the girls watching, girls generally like feminine things, and the boys would rather see a male character being masculine than a female character.

Why do you people keep asking this when it's been answered for decades?
>no defined personality
>no consistent marketable moral code
>no consistent powerset
>rogues gallery is either boring or ripped from greek mythology
>goofy costume with clashing aesthetics
>people prefer superheroes with modern/sci-fi basis instead of fantasy basis
There are few comic characters that are originally conceived in a way that lead to standalone longevity. Wonder Woman is not one of them.

i dig the art style very retro it looks similar yet different to the batman and superman animated series

Because Wonder Whore fucking sucks.