Does Sup Forums like religious cartoons?

Does Sup Forums like religious cartoons?

youtube.com/watch?v=RI0sA6nyQKI

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4F8Y-Ur50_M
youtube.com/watch?v=I1u5SDAGmz8
youtu.be/Hnjdq32u-MU
youtube.com/watch?v=VHe4uVjDsiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_s9Rcsg5UI
youtube.com/watch?v=HBAgm-kfBmo
youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE
mega.nz/#!u5lHCToS!jJMIw4jRIZQkGvIL3GGZaHB9hq0nGMHhJrYwgBzQITM
youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8
youtube.com/watch?v=NBSSC-DsCwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It infuriates me that theyre are zealotic scumbags crazy enough to throw away their childs toy because their “tolerant god” thinks theyll go to hell for playing with a fucking star wars figure.

Veggie Tales is fun.

You just gonna post this daily or?

I watched the Roach Approach when I was little, it sucked.

>Instead of giving the toy back to the kid he borrowed it from, his mother makes him fucking throw it away

So is this Jehovah character the antagonist?

Yeah, but not of the cartoon.

Move over Coco, you've been BTFO by Jack Chick:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4F8Y-Ur50_M

>So is this Jehovah character the antagonist?
Of mankind, yes

Only if they worship the right gods.

Veggietales really is the only truly entertaining religious cartoon out there.

I absolutely love them, Devilman Crybaby was really good.

I wonder if the other kid's mom showed up at their door the next day demanding that she reimburse them because they threw away her kid's toy instead of giving it back.

>stealing is wrong
>unless I'm throwing away a devil toy my child borrowed from his classmate

Shit, you're right. That bitch is going to Hell. She broke a commandment.

It's okay to sin, so long as you're doing it for prevent other people from sinning harder. Plus, heathens don't have any property rights

is veggietales just hip christian propaganda? I've never watched it

I hated how it started out but loved the ending!

No joke if you want to see this skip episodes 3,5 and 6.

Kill yourself heretic

Not heretical if it's plain out infidelity.

3-2-1 Penguins was pretty good too

Yes

This is an anti-religion video, right?

Eh, kinda. It's really wholesome though, the best way to find out is to go watch it.

So tolerant and loving of you

i see what you're doing there

True dat.
I joined khorne's witnesses and we go out every sunday spreading the three C's : chaos, carnage and bloodshed, all over town.

>tfw this was literally your entire childhood
>you couldn't talk with your psycho cunt mom about fucking anything without her dragging Jehovah and Satan into it
>constant guilt tripping, social exclusion, and manipulation erode your self-worth and sanity during your formative years
>she wonders why I'm a broken wreck all these years later

I had almost the same thing but with a catholic mother who wasnt as insane but was still extremely religious, and because of that i was constantly afraid everything was sinful and id go to hell. My parents wonder why im so anti religious now as a result. Sorry about your childhood user

>is veggietales just hip christian propaganda?
Eh pretty much
It gives an entertaining retelling of bible stories and, throws some silly non-sequitur musical numbers in the middle, and then tosses a moral and some bible quotes at you near the end. It doesn't really have any of the hatefulness some other religious cartoons have though, honestly I watched it as a kid and grew up not even remembering that it was a religious show.

To everyone but witness yes, these people look in a mirror and only see Jesus yelling that they're not praying hard enough.

Found the muslim.

youtube.com/watch?v=I1u5SDAGmz8

this was produced by the russian orthodox church, rate

>/christian/ and Sup Forums shilling their shitty religion with "so subtle" threads on Sup Forums
>now doing it on Sup Forums too

Alot of people are shitting on christianity in these threads, but i do agree there are too many christian faggots shitting up this site.

>that time evangelists got riled up by he man toys
youtu.be/Hnjdq32u-MU

It wasn't even his toy. It was his friend's. Which makes this debacle even worse.

Searching for the rapture leads to a really weird part of youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=VHe4uVjDsiQ

>Best churches
>Best robes
>Best values
>Best animation
Orthodox once again prove that they are the best christians

>if you dont worship me youll rot in a plague infested earth i leave behind
Why do people love the christian god again?

They do have some cool robes, they loon like the imperial advisors to the emperor

Why can't Orthodox Catholics patch things up with Roman Catholics already? They added ONE WORD to the Nicene Creed for God's sake. Is that worth really worth 1000 years of butthurt and war and pogroms?

But they do the sign of the cross backward. That's unforgivable.

Give me a quick rundown on what orthodox church did that pissed off the roman catholics

Why the fuck are Paws and Tales eps so fucking hard to find

This is amazing

>Does God know everything?
>Theist: Yes
> Then does God know a way to create a code he can't decipher?
This kills the christian/jew/muslim

Well in the beginning it was the same church, just different rites. The Roman Catholics had the Roman rite, the various eastern churches had their rites. To this day there are eastern rite churches under the umbrella of Roman Catholicism, they answer to the Holy See but their priests can marry and whatever.

Anyway around the year 1000 the Roman rite added the word "filioque" to the Nicene creed. So where it used to say "I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified" it now says "I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father ⟨and the Son⟩. Who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified." That was the straw that broke the camels back. There'd been some friction between the rites before then but at this point some of the Eastern rites split and became the Orthodox church. I think two serious attempts at rejoining were attempted since but neither succeeded.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_s9Rcsg5UI

>religious cartoons

You mean Buddhist cartoons like Sailor Moon, that deal with reincarnation? Shinto cartoons like Inuyasha? Hellenistic, Nordic, etc. cartoons? You mean Marvel's Thor?

Yeah, I like Thor comics.

So sure.

This thread sent me down a weird rabbit hole. Help me Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=HBAgm-kfBmo

Don't look at the comments

Go away, /x/.

Satan's pretty cute t b h

Those guys need to get laid.

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE

>mount and blade : the anime

>Yeah, I like Thor comics.

Obligatory reminder that we wouldn't know anything about the Norse mythos if Christian scholars hadn't written it down for them. And that the Eddas and whatnot were colored somewhat by their Christian origins, e.g. the emphasis on Odin's self-sacrifices and the finality of Ragnarok. Scholars believe that, originally, vikings believed the world was in a constant cycle of creation, destruction, and rebirth, like Hindus. Whereas Snorri made Ragnarok out to be Armageddon. Also the gay stuff with Odin sucking off men who had been hanged was left out.

The appeal to historicity is commonly made to legitimize certain belief systems. Catholics do it to Protestants, Orthodox do it to Catholics, Shiites do it to Sunnis, Theravadists do it to Mahayanists. Protestants and Mahayanists hit back by saying "well this is the way things originally were so we're more Orthodox even if our sect is younger".

Not saying that this argument is valid just that everyone makes it, including neo-pagans whose religions are absolutely not thousands of years old.

The Orthodox Church did rejoin the Roman Catholic church in the 15th Century, but the Turks were invading and pretty much put a stop to it

>We will never get a three hour long animated epic based off Geothe's Faust

I didn’t know Lorgar watched Cartoons and/or read comics

>still trying to track down a mega/torrent of The Tragedy of Man
Dammit, I know there has to be one somewhere.

I don't get it. What exactly is the difference between
>who proceedeth from the Father,
and
>who proceedeth from the Father ⟨and the Son⟩.

I really am going to Hell, because I can't even begin to guess at what the problem is here.

The former puts God the Father over the Son, the latter leaves them more or less on equal footing.

Ah. Okay, I get it a bit more. So Orthodox don't think Jesus is God?

>vikings believed the world was in a constant cycle of creation

Well, I don't see that as an issue with the Norse? If anything, this shows that Christians probably felt that needed to misrepresent the Norse in a much worse light than they were.

I was just trying to say that for thousands of years, and maybe in some cases tens or hundreds of thousands of years, people all over the world who were "very traditional, very conservative" societies had rich religious traditions far earlier than anyone thought of newfangled Christianity ideas. So which of the thousands or millions of ideas do people ascribe too? probably depends more on when and where they were born and what their parents told them to do them anything.

But I am very uncomfortable with telling people to discard tends or more thousands of ideas of religious tradition because you personally don't think it's trendy and new and "modern" enough for right at this very minute.

I see people asking others to both turn their brains off and spit on their ancestors too often these days.

crusades when

The good book tells me to avoid your kind

>So Orthodox don't think Jesus is God?

No, they still believe that.

never!

>Well, I don't see that as an issue with the Norse?

I never said it was. Just that it's not what Christians believe and that Snorri Sturluson's writing reflects that.

That better not be a fuckin bannerlord screenshot matey.
I didn't need another reminder it's never coming out.

Oh. In that case I need to read a book about this schism, because I'm back to having no idea what the problem is. It's probably not something I'd be able to understand. I read a lot about the Anabaptists and Munster, and I still don't understand why thinking baptism should be a choice resulted in all of that insanity.

Sparlock did nothing wrong

#wizardslivesmatter

I had the exact same thing, except my parents were Mormon

They were all extremely supportive of me deciding for myself and figuring out whether or not the church was true, right up until I started drawing conclusions they didn't like.

>right up until I started drawing conclusions they didn't like.
KEK! Isn't that the way of it

Am I in Sup Forums or /his/?

We have random moments of devolving into other stuff. Just enjoy the thread, we don't get these often enough.

I remember there being a discussion of this years ago on Sup Forums and someone said that the guy (woman?) who animated it was infuriated by that. She wasn't a zealot, this was just a job for her. The original script called for the kid to give it back but a 3rd character wasn't in their budget so they told the animator to just have the toy thrown away.

tldr; They didn't actually care about the message. To them it was just a product.

I gotchu covered man

mega.nz/#!u5lHCToS!jJMIw4jRIZQkGvIL3GGZaHB9hq0nGMHhJrYwgBzQITM

For a non-meme answer, the Tragedy of Man is one of my favorite films of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8

>>Best animation
youtube.com/watch?v=NBSSC-DsCwU

>all of these are from the last 2 episodes
>the rest are just boring as fuck both visually and narrative wise

>An image made about the tenth episode features pictures from the tenth episode
No shit, Sherlock. Did you miss the big title card in the middle?

Holy fucking shit. Where I can get a legit stream of this? I can already tell that I want to support this with actual money to watch it.

You can watch it on youtube for 3 bucks or just download it from the mega I uploaded it to here
You still need subtitles for it but they should be a lot easier to find and download if you've used subs before.

Oh, thank you! Yeah, downloading the mega now, but I think I will put in 3 bucks for an official viewing. I just want to support actual animation whenever I can. There's so little of it anymore.

This looks amazing

Is there any dialogue in this?

Yes, and it's all in Hungarian. There's subtitles out there thankfully.

Oh, okay.

Damn. The trailer kind of implied a visual tour through biblical and human art history. I'm still waiting to see an animated film that relies on all visuals. I will never forgive Pixar for fucking me with WALL-E.

It's still heavily visual based and the dialogue is still pretty good since it's an adaption of a relatively famous play.

If you're looking for something without dialogue I'd suggest something like The Illusionist or The Triplets of Belville.

I love The Illusionist. That is one of my favorite films. Sorry, didn't mean to imply that nothing of the sort existed, but I guess I did. I just want to see a genre of animation without dialogue. If anyone could have made that a mainstream idea, it would have been Pixar. They didn't follow through.

That said, I've never seen Triplets of Belville. I'll look that up.

It's actually Belleville (typo on my part) but if you liked the Illusionist you should like that movie since they're made by the same guy. The Boy and the World was also pretty decent for an animated movie that relied purely on visuals, the only issue is that it has an extremely hamfisted environmentalist message that gets kind of grating.

As far as minimal dialogue movies though, those tend to be limited to shorts and student projects rather than full-blown films.

Man Jehovah sounds like a fucking asshole. That Satan seems like a pretty cool dude though

>The Boy and the World was also pretty decent for an animated movie that relied purely on visuals, the only issue is that it has an extremely hamfisted environmentalist message that gets kind of grating.
I'll still take it. I can ignore "politics", I don't give a shit. 2013 Brazil, correct? That's what Google is giving me.

And I know it's mostly student projects and short films. That's why I'm desperate to support them. I wanted this to be a genre of a film. It didn't happen, but I still want to see it.

Yep. It's not so much politics, just the simplest "PROGRESS BAD, NATURE GOOD" type of general message and they beat you over the head with it. My issue is the complete lack of subtlety and making it the focus of the entire film. Barring that, it's a nice little film. It's just the excellent visuals kind of feel wasted on such boring message.