>tfw you just wanted to let people see what they want and make money

businessinsider.com/facebook-blamed-trump-election-mark-zuckerberg-response-tone-deaf-2016-11

Zuck and his tech empire is being blamed (arguably correctly) for his hand in allowing Trump's supporters to do an end around on old media and fucking up everything. This took the form of FB's algos basically showing things similar to what it figured you already liked, and that turned out to be a lot of Alex Jones/Conspiracy type stuff for a lot of Trump supporters, which the left is butthurt about.
I should also mention he did at one point decide that it was not Facebook's job to prevent Trump after employees voiced their concerns with the spectacular growth of the MAGA movement.

Honestly I'm not quite sure what to make of the situation, on one hand Facebook's defense of free speech (or lack of will to contest it/stop the money flow) definitely help facilitate Trump's support base build into actual votes. On the other I doubt this was their explicit intention and their company literally is built upon vacuuming up as much as they can about you.

I can imagine that a very strong reaction, in defense of preventing mass gatekeeping/censorship by Facebook as many are calling for, could potentially tip the scales and prevent the left from gaining dominance on the world's largest social media platform though.

Thoughts?

tl;dr for the lazy: Facebook, as weird as it sounds, proved a decisive factor in the election of Trump due to the laziness/greed involved in their algorithms which end up putting people into echo chambers of their own desire (ie Clinton Foundation conspiracy pages). The left sees this and is out to change that. A staged mass reaction, such as a meme carpet bombing in support of the status quo, could tip the scales and preserve Facebook as a tool for future MAGA efforts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJq5rKCe2DI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People share popular things over social media, who would have thought?

>Literally attempt to blame everyone but the DNC

im pretty sure this desicion came about when libfagots tried to make him expulse thiel out of the board of directors, and ofc he didnt, because he was one of the original investors, and ofc that results in zuckerberg not pushing the issue further

Zuckerfuck can drown in lefty tears for all I care, he deserves no sympathy.

Reddit was also Trump central.

Interesting how everybody assumed they were against this kind of shit.

Commie jew detected.

This comes just weeks after Mama Merkel made a statement on FB's ad shit because right wingers were getting wrong think advertised to them

I don't endorse echo chamber bullshit even if it did help based Trump. People should be exposed to differing viewpoints. That's why I watch current year man and other partisan shit, you gotta listen to what both sides are saying.

So he's being blamed for not forcing leftist shit down people's throats who clearly didn't want it? Fascinating.

>yfw you are a SJW apologist but still want a tax cut for your company

>still belive in the "it's a conspiracy" meme

c'mon newfags, if you were in Sup Forums for more than 3 months you would understand that real life is much more weird than any conspiracy

Sort of, he allowed not just Trump's supporters to exist in entirely separated "echo chambers" (in the sense that things you like can be given similarity scores with content, and the most relevant content is thus delivered to your feed which includes everything from the Economist to Info Wars) but also leftists. No one ever really crossed into one another's "chamber" if they weren't matched to it by the algo, and it was set up this way to optimize ad revenue more than anything.

Fucking this. Anyone who does is retarded.

They're unaware of the countless left bullshit Facebook groups and news.

> tfw President Zuckerberg

People like him want to control the world, he's never going to become Jewish Fuhrer without continuity of non establishment figures regularly taking office.

This

I hate to agree with you guys.
But you are right .

reminds me of this picture I made

Facebook is designed to be a subtle echo chamber if you don't go out of your way, it's very well designed

They are only regretting it because Trump won, if Hillary won, they would have said nothing

you make a good point but zuck is still not to be trusted under any circumstance

Not surprising, all the brooklyn jews voted Trump apparently

Tbqh that's why I visit here so much, best memes and bantz on the web (although the edgy teenagers trying to trigger one another gets old sometimes)

if they censor too overtly they just become myspace. once again these fags are eating their own

These are dangerous areas people should never dig deep into kek..
People will find out they're participating in the biggest social experiment in history. Facebook/Zynga/NSA/DARPA.

Sorry, it had to be said.

>mfw in the awkward position of defending zuckerjew
>apparently zuckerjew is actually pretty conservative
>blocked sjws in facebook from silencing Trump info

and the goal of the experiment was to... elect Donald Trump?

>tfw the NSA wants to MAGA

unless they publish their algorithms we don't really know what the fuck they do, now do we?

Nigga just wants his money, he is not responsible for what goes on in Facebook aside from illegal activities.

If Zuck tried to ban political discussion it would mean legal trouble and financial loss.

When Sup Forums claims it impacted the election, this is how Sup Forumstards did it. A few spergs started posting Ben Garrison and Trump memes and all of a sudden I started to see them pop up en-mass on CNN, Fox News, The Hill, etc feeds and they got a ton of upvotes.

Nah, that's trivial compared to what they're doing.

Zucc's decision was a very subtly smart decision, both for politics and business

>Zucc decides to go after Trump, as per his 1st Amendment rights
Massive backlash against attempts to control speech, massively crash Facebook's profitability in its core market, and swing public opinion for Trump to incredible levels. Competitor formed almost immediately.

>Zucc says that they believe in free speech
People continue griping, stay to their own, doesn't impact the election, facebook stays the same shithole.

It can get tiring at times seeing edgelords post, yet once elections are over, things tend to stablize around these parts. The best part I take away from it is reality losing its shit and having no idea how to explain this place. It's funny cuz they almost seem clueless on the matter. Sort of as if they don't even internetz correctly or something.

>actually needing to see the scripts and neural networks that learn which links people are most likely to click to get the gist of what they're doing

Perhaps if we were trying to fully reverse engineer Facebook, brainlet. You don't even need to use Facebook that much to realize they tailor content specifically based on you're clicking, like Youtube or anything else.

At an even more abstracted level, advertisers are pouring money into facebook specifically because they can target people so precisely, and the companies that pay them to advertise continue to do so because it appears to work so well. You can form your own conclusions.

Perhaps we should convince the left to blame advertisers too..?

Its the other way around idiot, all the morons who were #withher completely blocked themselves from reality

That's wrong though. A lot of my support for Trump can be traced to the fact that I had to endure most of my FB friends being absolute retards over the last year and it made me absolutely loathe their political opinions.

antisemites!!!!!!

how many "delete me if you are with Trump" things have you seen?
I go in to newspapers and i see "register now and get the news you WANT to read"
wtf?
I should be getting THE news, not the news i WANT

That is what made brexit and Trump election be such a big surprise, people are creating paralel realities to live in, and internet media is allowing them to do so cause they figured that it would bring more money

white women Spend most of their internet time on facebook
A majority of white women voted for trump

Facebook yuugely helped trump get elected.

People aren't blaming Markerberg for Trump supporters being able to use Facebook, they're blaming how content is presented to individual users (and how Facebook would present people with obvious conspiracy clickbait right next to articles from "actual" journalistic institutions, if they liked such things)

I'm certain the "mobbing" effect (where you drop one #maga and everyone flips out) did a great deal to cause Trump supporters to conceal their intentions though.

Correct, and that's exactly what Facebook is being blamed for: creating alternate narratives that could facilitate the Brexit and MAGA campaign while cocooning the opposition. Both sides saw completely different realities.

And yet he openly cooperates with government of Geramny to censor, incriminate and jail the citizens of Germany.

youtube.com/watch?v=BJq5rKCe2DI

Zuckerberg is power hungry scum first and foremost.

how the fuck did lefties convince xeselves that they are smarter

Which is why I don't think he can be trusted, but I imagine there is more nuance to this. I would definitely suspect greed plays a bigger role than actually wanting to protect civil liberties though.

>they only heard Trump's lies, not our lies!
pretty much

People that are promoting the protests really are funded by George Soros, who really is jewish and an advocate for jewish people.

It's not difficult to see that when American liberals have a free, popular forum to express their views uncensored, they horrify the vast swath of people who use that same forum to post family photos and what they had for lunch.

It was the other way around, they blocked themselves from the reality that Trump supporters were everywhere.

Look at the rallies, or go out and speak with people, i have not spoken with a single person younger than 30, in my life, that doesn't think corruption in the establishment is the cause of all evil in the world. Thats also why Bernie had so much support. Democrats failed to see this

I don't think so; here is why:

While liberals shared easly debunked out of context quotes, and patted themselves on the back; Trump supporters fed themselves with actual liberal bullshit to fuel their arguments. If anything MAGA/Brexit made a great job of pushing information that was not on the mainstream media.

You know why Alex Jones gathers so much supporters? Because he has obscure Congress transcripts of U.S government officials proposing false-flags that nobody reports on. Because he has little-known offiicial documents to prove his side.

Of course, correlation != causation, but anyways, is more than the other side has to debunk them.

Even then, for annoying as edgelords can be, this is still a fine example of a free speech bastion, and everyone could stand to do some time on Sup Forums even if you don't agree with anything you see, its important to understand that free speech is exactly that.

>MFW i know two black republicans in california who post here, and they ain't even mad.

Germany doesn't have freedom of speach, Zuck would do it when there is nothing stopping him. But america has Freedom and it would be too much of a headache to pull that kind of shit here

Zuckerkike really outjewed himself. He wanted the cattle to elect Hillary like good goym, but he knows that most older people hate the bitch. Yet only older people are worth advertising to, so he had to deliver conservative voices to keep them browsing goybook and clicking on ads.

Also, i dunno you, but when i started browsing Sup Forums i still had a kikebook and i was invaded by Jewish/POC/Multikulti "Stop Hate!" shilling. And a fuck load of gay dating pages.

>lamed (arguably correctly) for his hand in allowing Trump's supporters to do an end around on old media and fucking up everything.
Ohhh No regular people becoming their own publicists and giving people a different perspective. That's the MSM's job

>algorithms are echo chambers
Nice.

faceberg's advanced machine learning algorithms have conclusively determined that you are a faggot

So facebook shows you want it thinks you want to already see (so Trump-related stuff if it detects you're a Trump supporter, and Hillary-related stuff if it detects you're a Hillary supporter) and somehow people are saying this is a bad thing? lol.

Stupid as fuck, just ignore businessinsider and any other shitty ass news site. they're all full of shit.

yeah i figured that, i just don't understand how or why

Here's how it works.

The world is rife with conspiracy

>oh gevalt how DARE the goym exercise their democratic rights and legally elect an EBUL FASCIST as their leader, we must curtail their freedom of speech as quickly as possible!

These (((retards))) need to learn some subtlety.

People aren't falling for it anymore.

lol if it truly showed opposing views Hillary would have done even worse

It was only worth listening to Democrats when Bernie was still a running candiate.

Afterwards it was the same backwards liberal "progressive" drivel repeating over and over again followed by chronic blame throwing.

>“The History of the world is the history of the warfare between secret societies”
t. Ishmael Reed

>tax cut for a website baby boomers waste work hours on

I don't think there's any denying that social media, like Facebook, Twitter or even Sup Forums and Sup Forums, along with much easier and more constant access on the part of people to such social media, has made it much, much easier to redpill people than it's ever been at any time in the history of the world.