Magiswords

What is your honest opinion on the show's artstyle?
I feel like I'd work better if the animation was up-to-snuff and actually showed off the super bouncy elastic designs of the characters, but as it stands now, it makes everything feel even more stiff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNLXJ1t5uTc
tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.mx/2018/01/work-around-town-too.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_EhJUV9Rxxs),
ber00.tumblr.com/post/168959358297/lady-hiss-from-mighty-magiswords
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a shame because Kyle's characters and drawings are all flexible, expressive and just fun to look at.

>implying CN wants any other show to succeed other than TTG

i'm thinking about watching it. is it basically just a Western Slayers?

Best girl doesn't show up nearly enough.

I like the show alot. It basic doing everything Adventure Time abandoned. (Fun & Adventure).

The art style fits because I knows what it is and doesn't try to take itself seriously.

The art style fits with the tone of the show, I agree, but I just wish the animation used it to its full potential
Just look at

Only in the designs of the MCs, and maybe the collateral damage.

it often has new models drawn for action scenes of just character reactions, exclusive to their episodes.

this artstyle doesn't deserve to be animated in flash.

it's a gag cartoon set in a zelda-esque fantasy land, think he-man or dave the barbarian.

Why is the show's animation value so ridiculously low? Like, even lower than TTG's quality? Is this show being made on a dime or something?

I'm not asking for the world, but Wander Over Yonder Toonboom quality animation shouldn't be that hard to achieve. They made that show on a low budget, too.

CN doesn't give a fuck about any of its franchises except TTG, so why bother giving them a budget

That I agree.

Yeah but every show airing right now at least as animation. We Bare Bears, Clarence, Unikitty, Ben 10.

It feels like they legitimately forgot to give this show an animation budget.

It looks a little dated but I appreciate how expressive and bouncy they are. The animation method doesn't do them justice, true. While I prefer the character designs to be more symmetrical and to contain some straight lines beside all the curves, it doesn't stop me from enjoying the show.

1 eyes are too weird and ruins the whole thing
2 is fine
3 is a bad mix
4 is fine

id prefer having 2 but the current iteration is good enough really

They probably didn't bother increasing the budget when they went from shorts to 11 minute episodes. "Eh, good enough"

meant to quote

my favorite part of the crew's "not-being-lazy-because-it's-flash" is the number of Morbidia expressions. I'm pretty sure none of them are reused.

I found a better comparison between the stock and custom models

why does this bitch look like the white horse from the horse cartoon

Don't bully Morbidia Steinberg like that!

Fun Fact: the pre-release shorts were animated in-house at CN studios (the full show is animated at Inspidea in malaysia, the same studio that Lolirock's animation is outsourced too)

The show's style is fine for what it's trying to do. It's cute, goofy, can be expressive and silly. It's good for a comedy action show, and from what little I've seen of the show, it uses Flash-type animation in an inoffensive manner.

But on another subject: I just have to say that I always hated that particular picture of Vambre. It always looked stretched and skewed to me, like Kyle drew it then intentionally fucked with it in Photoshop or something. Maybe I'm wrong and I easily could be, but it actually fucks with my eyes to look at the original. Something always felt off.

From last thread

What upsets me is how Kyle also did a failed Nick pilot in 05 or 06 which had the same art style, but with hand-drawn animation and a better looking color pallet

youtube.com/watch?v=VNLXJ1t5uTc

I wish Mighty Magiswords could've been this visually appealing, but I guess that would cost more than what CN is willing to pay.

I was literally about to post this, damn

Let's keep it together this time, ok?

Dark Blade inspiration for the Kotassium Ninja?

Will we ever see them again?

>implying CN wants any other show to succeed other than TTG
Why are the execs so hellbent on making that shit popular? No one likes it to the point ratings are failing.

They get a big fat paycheck from DC, that's why.

But don't they have to share it with WB?

That I'm not sure, even then, capeshit is what's profitable right now

If they got rid of Grup, this show would be much better.

Except they buried Justice League Action.

I wonder why she lost the pants halfway through development

Because it's better that way.

I've never liked this show's artstyle. But I was never into Ren & Stimpy and a lot of the super-wacky looking shows it inspired so it was never for me anyway.
This show was CN's attempt at running things super cheaply. Apple & Onion is another one. CN has had so much trouble trying to run either show on a shoestring budget and dealing with the showrunners of both that they've decided to never do discount productions again. Magiswords especially has been very frustrating for the crew. They work many hours overtime with no extra pay. Most of the show is done during huge crunches. And the first season was a shitshow that saw nearly everyone exhausted and thinking about walking on the second season.
Good news is that every CN show from now on will have a more proper budget.

i hate how the previous two designs look way better

i think its by personal choice. Villainous is also a short form series and has better animation than magiswords.
I think the crew sacrifices animation for goofy comedy with exaggerated drawings

Are you implying that it's a bad thing? There are a lot of girls in this show that would benefit from having no pants

>Good news is that every CN show from now on will have a more proper budget.
I'm skeptical.

Yeah, it's not anymore money for other shows, it's just pocket-liner for execs.

It was a rare day when Lina Inverse didn;t wear pants.

Oh, I'm not complaining at all, I like it that way. I'm just genuinely curious to see the logic behind that.

I'm going to assume it's easier to draw bare legs than worrying about pants

It's cute.

The more important question is: who is best girl?

Danelda.

That really made me mad. I liked JLA

tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.mx/2018/01/work-around-town-too.html

Press F, anons.

>As before, I am relying on well-informed industry people because I am now, as the saying goes, somewhat out of the loop. The information below could have errors (yikes!); if so, post a comment and I will update.

>reposts link every thread without mentioning that
>makes entire threads focused on different fandoms reacting to Blogspot news

Your autism is a little too strong, even for a Magiswords thread.

I like the show's cartoony art style and fell in love with the look of Kyle's work back when I first saw his BongeSpob Ersatz drawings. Unfortunately, Inspidea's stiff, cheap-looking animation was enough to keep me from watching the show--well, that along with the first episode's ridiculously fast pace and the fact thet the characters don't even seem to be using actual swords.

It looks like Mighty Magiswords may well be yet another canned CN production (youtube.com/watch?v=_EhJUV9Rxxs), so I'd love the idea of MooBeard getting picked up for a full series by Nickelodeon. We sure as hell know they need new shows (SpongeBob reruns and TV movie revivals aren't gonna keep that network afloat forever).

There's a problem when one of your main characters has kneecaps halfway down her shins.

How about Best Girl AND Best Boy?

Season 2 was confirmed though?

Season 2 wraps production in 3 weeks.

Alright then

nice, another thread

You’d think there’d be more art of Sailor Bird.

I want to fuck Morbidia as she constantly nags in outrageous fashion to my face.

I know exactly what you mean. I think, however, that if they did go that route, like in the concept art, it'd be teetering on the edge of being a Nickelodeon cartoon.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that I like the limited, pop animation feel that Cartoon Network shows seem to have clinged on to over the past 20 years.

she's so mean, I love her.

I can't get over how the eyes are drawn

These all actually seem pretty accurate.

This is a pretty good edit. What was the actual screenshot in the show?

Post more cute girls you assholes

boob

ber00.tumblr.com/post/168959358297/lady-hiss-from-mighty-magiswords

it felt like a Morbidia night.

Ghost Pussy.

Second

Taking a request related to Snax and/or Füd. Would prefer SFW but lewd overtones are fine and encouraged no hyper

Snax and Fud having a day at the beach
Any excuse to see them in swimsuits

this with Fud eating a slugburger, with Snax next to her with a "thirsty" look.

Shit I could just combine these, that alright?

Pretty much same thing so yeah

There is never enough Morbidia.

Simone is my favorite but is good too

It's their best cartoon right now

I follow DC's Instagram, apparently they're making a TTG Movie.

Get that shit out of here

A movie movie or a "made for TV' movie?

It wasn't clear, just a poster for a movie

Why her knees so damn low

It's implied to be getting a theatrical release... which is mind-boggling to me.

It is going to be theatrical. Based TTG.

That is what you get when you cartoon is really good.

>That is what you get when you cartoon is really shilled by network execs.
FTFY
How well this movie does at the box office will finally be the true testament of whether or not this shitshow actually is popular or not.

So the Warriors top the power levels with the power of imagination, until Witchy Simone learns some discipline and graduates? Poor Doronjo/Morbidia, forever the jobber.

It's got nearly 100k lines on Instagram in a day, also it is a real theatrical release
It's probably gonna make serious dosh
I kinda wanna see it

I'm waiting for the trailer DESU

I wish more cartoons still looked like this.

>TTGfags

Artstyle & voices are fine, it's Timing & actual comedy where the show falls flat. It's like halfway to being a decent cartoon.

NEW
FAVORITE
SHOW

It's a good show that people hate for no reason

That's a pretty sexy birdie