If you overlook the iconic flashback segments that people only ever seem to talk about, was this movie still great?

If you overlook the iconic flashback segments that people only ever seem to talk about, was this movie still great?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_E-3kQxTtgM
youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI
youtube.com/watch?v=QjLJ9UAyiUg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. Maybe you're deaf but people also talk about the ending.

>Don't you dare laugh at me!
>Why? I thought the Joker always wanted to make Batman laugh!
>YOU'RE NOT BATMAN!
Kino

Why is the joker green?

This. The Terry vs Joker fight did a great job on selling Terry as a different Batman than Bruce but still effective in his own way. Also it did a good job of showing Joker be a legit physical threat though that was likely because he was using Tim's body and memories.

>that animation
You bet your ass. That entire climax and the opening make it worth the watch alone.
And it brought us this gem: youtu.be/_E-3kQxTtgM
Everything about this movie is great.

embing cause it's such a great scene
youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI

It stands out more than white would. They design these covers to catch your eye.

I think that DNA microchip is a stupid idea and ruined the movie form

Clone Joker would be better

Joker most likely stole it from MadHater. They used to meet on the common area of Arkham.

Yeah, especially the scene where Terry uses the fact that he's not just a Bruce clone to his advantage and beats the Joker by mocking him.

JLU mentions that Joker got a hold of technology from Cadmus to facilitate his revival.

It was a good movie,
The characters were as good and true as they needed to be
Just wish Jokers plot was more widscale than personal but it was a straightforward story and for what it is it was good.

The Joker's never really been a "I'm committing crimes for some greater purpose" sort of guy (something that Nolan and a lot of post-TDK Batman writers fail to understand). He's always sort of acted on his whims, which is what makes him so great, in my opinion. He could be committing city-wide terrorism one day and petty robbery the next. He's a villain who's goals are mutable to a given episode or comic issue.

And honestly, carving a giant smiley face into Gotham City while simultaneously destroying the homes of both Batmen with an orbital space laser is definitely a Joker sort of move.

The satellite sequence was animated by the guy who did Akira, so yeah.

Absolutely it was
>That look on Bruce's face when he sees Joker again
>Terry trolling Joker
>Dat wave scene
>Joker killing Bonk

It showed that Bruce was such a good fighter that a guy that would normally be a physical threat in a fight looks frail.

>that scene where joker comes up from the ground through the smoke in front of bruce

I love those reveals that really wreck people emotionally. It's the "oh shit" of appearances.

of course it was amazing, are you kidding me OP?
This was the best of the DCAU movies, period

Yes, on the strength of the hotness of the Deedees alone.

Voiced by Melissa Joan Hart who is milftastic.
Also this movie was fucking kino. From the halfway point onward the movie is a true treasure. Terry trashtalking Joker and using an imitation of his life is so much more devastating than just a punch in the face. Joker seemed utterly perturbed by that course of action.

>that picture
Haha, oh wow, did they try to photoshop out her nose?

This movie really changed for me when I watched it as an adult.

They got even better in JL when they could clone themselves repeatedly.

>YWN die under a mountain of Dee Dees smothering you

>Voiced by Melissa Joan Hart who is milftastic.

Now, maybe. At the time, she was just Sabrina gives you the Teenage Itch.

For those that don't know, there is a censored version of the joker dying because the movie was to be released just around the same time columbine happened
youtube.com/watch?v=QjLJ9UAyiUg
Funny thing is, the censored version in its own way is more intense than the uncensored death

>beauty is 10 lbs of makeup and photoshopping
So this is the power of falling for the cosmetics meme.

Not really.

The Joker basically slips and electrocutes himself to death after Tim shoves him, which is practically an accidental death than the edited version treats it. Okay, yeah, it is kind of cool that Tim/Joker Jr. has had enough of this shit and tries to fight back against the guy who ruined him, but it's not direct. It doesn't have the same horrific gravitas as one of Batman's protege's picking up -a goddamn gun- and drilling the Joker with it.

Take away what Joker did to Robin and the edited version honestly one of the best damn outcomes Batman could ever get: his mortal nemesis literally trips during a fight and the Universe *finally* pays him back for all the fuckery he's caused over the years. Even if it was a less dire situation and Robin still shoves the Joker-- who then trips into a bear trap that tears off his head or stumbles into oncoming traffic and is pulverized by a mac truck, all that can ultimately be written off as a heat of the moment situation.

Yeah better training or restraint would have prevented it, but it's something that Batman and Robin could recover and move on from. Not saying it would be easy, but...

I don't think it ruined the movie but the idea always seemed a little to smart for Joker. He is a smart dude but not that smart

Literally capekino.

Yet they allowed an agonizing scream from electric death that was clearly more painful than getting shot

He could have paid or threatened someone smarter to do it.

If the electrocution death was actually shown onscreen, sure. Would have even set up his second death perfectly.

But it was an offscreen deal; we didn't even see a silhouette of Joker spasming or flopping around, we just got the scream.

It is still, hands down a much greater impact to see Joker get unexpectedly shot-- and seeing it-- only for him to pitifully gurgle a final last line "...that's not funny..." before dying followed by Tim's horrible breakdown opposed to an offscreen electrocution no matter how horribly Mark Hamill hollers.

Robin had just shot somebody which goes against alot of what Batman is about and we see the true horrors of what really broke up the Bat-family. Years later, Bruce nearly guns down a nameless kidnapper and he altogether quits Bat-manning. This is by far the better way to depict such a damning incident.

Yes. Still one of the best animated DC movies. Love the promos for it too.

Not really, the microchip shit was stupid and so was the Joker's plan to use the Akira space cannons to blow up the city. There's good parts and it's decent, but when people talk about this movie as if it's anywhere near as good as Mask of the Phantasm.....

The 2000s were a strange time