How do Russians feel about being the bad guys in movies and videogames?

How do Russians feel about being the bad guys in movies and videogames?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=03ulw2vZ8o8
youtube.com/watch?v=O0luadioiQk
youtu.be/vDYlwYsNzas
youtube.com/watch?v=Wjj5TlIFsQs
youtube.com/watch?v=OO9GocfHyv0
youtube.com/watch?v=a4N57w1nbZc
youtube.com/watch?v=fXTFeG6ques
youtube.com/watch?v=zKPWlW6CHcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

honestly it probably gets kinda tiring.

id be annoyed everytime some schmuck normie american came up to me and just by being russian they think im some sort of hacker douche who wants to kill everything american..

odds are russians dont even think about americans until americans bring up russians.

they probably like it.

am a russian immigrant, came here when I was 9 with my family, so I have been exposed to it since child. it feels mostly corny, because most of these villains weren't conceived with a malicious hate for russians, but wanted to create a scary villain who is russian. that leads a lot of anglo canadians to believe ridiculous stereotypes and that russians are automatically cool or badass. personally, I am a baby IRL, but I do drink a lot.

>implying Americans aren't the bad guys in their entertainment media
>Implying all Russians in the CoD series were baddies
wewlad

This.

Did anyone else like the Dima arc in Battlefield 3 because it turned exactly this stereotype on its head?

But they get to be the cool bad guys.
How do you think the French feel?
Pretty bad, I'll bet.

I imagine they feel like us.

>he plays Battlefield games for the story and character arcs
lad? wew.

I'm willing to bet it's honestly 50% just the fact that a Russian accent is pretty intimidating.

We have our own cinema industry where every hero is Russian - good or bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=03ulw2vZ8o8
So why should we care about American movies?

Probably powerful.

This. No one fucking makes the Chinese or North Koreans out as the stereotypical bad guys all the time because Native Angolo ears can't take the Chinese language or accent seriously.

>implying we're playing western trash homogames

Is this Viking a movie or series? Also is it set in Scandinavia or Russia?

Do you ruskies have game companies like amerifags?

They're the bad guys in real life

But Dolph Lundgren wasn't the bad guy in Red Scorpion. He was a capable, loyal soldier, one of his country's best a brightest, who was subjected to horrific brainwashing as part of his special forces training. He ended up defecting after a near death experience broke his programming.

what do you play?

Heroes of might and magic?
Dota 2? S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? Counter Strike?

Eh, the Russian guy in Predators was pretty fucken based.

Yes, but not that much
youtube.com/watch?v=O0luadioiQk

that pic is from rocky 4 but yeah

They get to be the "good guys" in WW2 shooters.

Pic related?

I've played most of these at some point in my life and I aint even ruskie

>all Russian games are bias for the Russian side

Free advertisement.

Looks pretty cool.

bad guys are always the more interesting, fun, or cool character in fiction so I don't know why russians would want to complain.

You should definitely play King's Bounty and Space Rangers 2 from this list if you haven't yet

You should probably ask them what they feel about being bad guys in real life. Just like mudslimes.

Tetris it's my favorite game

Thank you, russians.

You omitted part when your parents sold motherland to CIA, your little jewling.

>bad guys in real life.
Using for propaganda is fine, we do it to. So long as nothing stupid/dangerous, such as no fly zone, is said.

I've played and own all the Kings Bounty games. Love 'em. Possibly even more than HoMM.

Never played Space Ranger 2 but I'll definitely check it out.

I wouldn't be so thankful since you're gonna play Tetris in real life soon

A movie. there are plenty of places in Russia that look exactly like Scandinavia in a wild places. Probably even more wild and less civilised.

RIP Steve Dillon

Reznov was cool guy

TOP KEK!

How do Mexicans feel about always being the bad guys in real life?

Do you even have to ask?

At least they're represented, I get fucking nothing. Even the fucking leafs gets some representation, when will it be my time?

jesus christ

At this point its so absured we think its funny and kinda awesome.
At least in my age group. 20 -30

Thanks. I'll watch it

Looks brutal

Yes. Problem is - a lot of our developers had contracts with bethesda, EA, ubisoft and such.
And they where ripped off and had immense losses due to contract and lawyer scam. So we had to build the industry twice in 20 years.

They are not. Its really not thing. There are movies with muslim terrorists tough.

Bad guys in modern American games are all bigoted white cis males

mazeltov

SimCity and pretty much all the Maxis games have references to llamas all through them, what more do you want?

Ivan did nothing wrong, only his job.

Well there's also the fact that they pander to the Chinese market now

Uhh
Because our movies are total shit ?

>Because our movies are total shit ?
Not all of them... But yeah.

Recommend me some classics, Ivan

When Hollywood wants to create an action film about a shitskin villain who fucks llamas, they'll call you first.

Kek. Nice one, Ivan.

Russia was the bad guy in everything because the government blamed Russia for everything, even terrorists in the middle east even though we made them to fight proxy battles for us.

Hopefully now with a president Trump, the new bad guys will be Chinese and Mexican. They deserve an ass-kicking.

What about this?

You get to fight space Spaniards

doesnt make me feel bad at all. i see it as healthy rivalry between nations/ethnicities. i am proud to be a competitor with 'americans' on the big screen/video games/etc

-russian

youtu.be/vDYlwYsNzas
;_;7

This looks tight, I'll have my Russian step-grandmother translate it for me.

anything by Andrei Tarkovsky?

all these "VIKINGS" but not one helmet with horns? Is russian education that poor?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wjj5TlIFsQs

I'm half Russian born in the USA. Russia was an enemy when communism was rising and now, they're becoming the enemy again as nationalism is rising. It's going to get much worse as time goes on. But yeah, so cliché. It's like all British people being suave in every movie. It's fucking boring and so damn predictable. The worst, "Oh look, a multi-culti movie of good guys trying to save the world. Who's the white guy there? Hmmmm, bet he's the bad guy." Right every fucking time.

They probably feel the same way about it as we feel about staring as the great shaitan in Best Korean and Iranian propaganda. When you see yourself as the good guy, seeing the bad guys call you a bad guy is like bants.

>faggy russian anime
WEW FUCKING LAD

White Sun of the Desert and STALKER are good.

Doctor Zhivago was a good guy. I think?

This

They make excellent bad guys that actually seem like a real threat.

Only the free to play ones gopnik-chan

It's not faggy

How about a cartoon about the evils of modern art?

youtube.com/watch?v=OO9GocfHyv0

Epic bantz

>TFW your lat or calf inserts will never be like Zangief's

Why even fucking live brehs.

Green Elephant 1999, Dust 2005.

With mistakes comes expirience and the markets begins to work - bad movies get bad rep, profit and people demand good movies, so now we start to have more of the good ones
youtube.com/watch?v=a4N57w1nbZc
youtube.com/watch?v=fXTFeG6ques

holy fucking shit

I don't really care.
I guess it's pretty funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=zKPWlW6CHcs

Also: Lawlessness (Bespredel) 1989

Don't be talking smack about the Gief man. The Gief will fuck you up.

>Green Elephant
I don't think that this is stuff for beginners

real shit though ruskies, we cool? I know puttin recently let the world know that your country is ready to go to full bro status with the USA, but like hows it looking over there? I know from my perspective in southern USA were pretty fucking stoked about it. My active and ex military friends are telling me that russian fire support and intel in the middle east would be worth its weight in fucking gold, and i know alot of us are looking forward to russian rifles, and cold war era ammo cans coming back onto the market. Not to mention we can start pushing those SJW faggots and regular niggers and sand niggers to cuck teir countries like canada and sweden. like a million birds and one stone. You guys getting the same war fuzzy feeling or is this love all one sided?

>tfw even the Soviet Union made fun of modern "art"
Based.

Because the novel was written by the Russian/Soviet author.

In Russia, It's about the early Russians. Also you can see a man pointing out Rurik.

notice anything about all the people in the cartoon who promote modern art?

That's a good one Ivan.

Oh I'm sure that's just a complete coincidence

Like anyone else - corny villains make you cringe, cool and/or badass villains make you proud.