Where are the rules of Catholicism?

I was reading the bible and it talks about a lot shit that has nothing to do with Catholicism, like circumcision for instance. So, who should I listen to in order to be a good Catholic? what should I read? what parts of the bible should I totally ignore? should I pay attention to it at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_INDEX.HTM
youtube.com/watch?v=7ODjj5xJUOg
amazon.com/Essential-Catholic-Survival-Guide/dp/1888992816/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Follow the 10 commandments and go to church every Sunday. Basically all you need.

Yup. It's pretty easy honestly. And get your sacraments done, you need those.

Catholics have a tradition of not following the bible, they even kept it in Latin until the 1960's. The whole point was so that your average follower wouldn't know what it said and needed to receive a Priest's interpretation of it.

Yes now we have an English version, etc, but it's stressed not to take it literally

if you really want to know look at this

this is from the vatican website.

What seperates Catholics from a lot of protestant religions is that Catholilcs believe that for salvation you need to accept Jesus Christ as your savior and also do good deeds.

Lots of Protestant denominations believe you only need to accept Jesus Christ as your savior for salvation.

So, the bible is just a meme? Here in Mexico people follow a lot of Saints and Virgins, are they right or are they being heretic?

Also, how important or relevant is the Pope?

True, the Papacy shit its drawers at the invention of the printing press but the mother cult is no slouch. Since they couldn't undo that they rolled with it and built more printing presses than anyone else since they had most of the wealth of Europe anyway. There was some blowback I suppose now that bibles and Christian literature are everywhere as some Catholics may start to question all this business about the bishop of Rome, because it is a business. The Holy See is the wealthiest corporate entity on earth today and for the last 1000 years, since the crusading started which is somewhere in the good book I am sure.

>what should I read? what parts of the bible should I totally ignore?

for the most part, read the new testament.

the old testament (where youre reading about circumscision) is useful, but you've got to have a firm grasp on NT theology in order to interpret it with a Christian meaning.

stick to the NT until you git gud, and ask for help from your priest/pastor until you develop more as a Christian.

>old testaments
serves as a reminder of false teachings and jewish perversion

Aren't catholics born pedo's?

Isn't that their whole schtick?

"I am holier than thou because I can convince children to keep secrets."

Fuck the church, fuck the state.

Jesus Christ already left.

Avoid the 7 deadly sins, you stuck up, perverted, obese, savage, privileged, whiny slob!

Things like circumcision are customary elements of the Mosaic Law which were specific to the Jews' covenant with God. We are not Jews. Our ancestors were not Jews, and had no such covenant with God, hence we do not follow their law. Rather, our covenant is the New Covenant: Christ through the Sacraments and most especially the Holy Eucharist. This New Covenant supersedes the old, and for more information on this you should look into supersessionism.

Unlike the Mosaic Law, which was specific to a certain people at a certain in history, the Decalogue - the Moral Law - is universal both in terms of time and place. It is not necessary that a Catholic should be circumcised or follow the dietary programme or the judicial norms of the Hebrews, but it is necessary - as it will always be necessary - that we subordinate our will to the Divine Will by obeying the commandments of God.

lol u suck.

No. That's mostly ((((media))) lies and exaggeration.

You have to understand that Catholicism had to "tailor" the faith to suit the locals. So you'll have your own saints and your own interpretation of some things.

For instance, your "Day of the Dead" is a little more jovial than how other Catholics do theirs. The Irish have many saints that they venerate, like St. Patrick, which may not be venerated by other Catholics; although Catholics all over find it a good reason to celebrate St. Patrick's Day because it gives them a reason to get drunk. Your saints and interpretation of what the "Catholic Pantheon" would look like is very different from the way other Catholics interpret said pantheon - your saints and Virgin Mary, for example, are brown.

What matters is the core tenets and the basics. The triumvirate/trinity (Father, Son, Holy Ghost/Spirit), Jesus, Virgin Mary, Last Supper, faith with works (meaning you believe AND you do good deeds and/or punish yourself for redemption; just believing doesn't guarantee salvation), incessant praying (especially with the rosary), forgiveness of sins/redemption through confession and penance/self-punishment, and so on. Everything else is merely to make Catholicism palatable to the locals.

Read the New Testament. It talks about everything Catholics believe.

>The Irish have many saints that they venerate, like St. Patrick, which may not be venerated by other Catholics
This is false. If a saint has been canonized then he or she is venerated by all Catholics the world over. St. Patrick has a special place in Ireland by virtue of the fact that he is considered to be the critical figure in the island's Christianisation, but this doesn't mean he is "less venerated" or, worse, not venerated elsewhere.

Go to RCIA if you're not just larping. I'm assuming it's called something else in Mexico, but just ask the priest about classes for interested converts.

Asking this question on Sup Forums is like asking a child about physics.

Frankly, from what I have seen and experienced, RCIA offers an incredibly poor catechesis that tends to leave prospective converts utterly confused and misinformed about the faith. I agree that Sup Forums isn't the place to be asking these questions, but I'm afraid RCIA will do little to help OP.

You don't want to be a good Catholic. The Catholic Church is literally the Whore of Babylon as described. Go to blessyahowah.com good luck cuck

There's a reason there's contradictions: Catholicism is a solid 300 years younger than the NT and was a political and religious institution. The best answer is to follow Scripture and deny the, objectively and literally speaking, heresies of the Catholic Church. Even if the crusaders were arguably p badass.

Catholic priest here, AMA. I'm not joking.

It's called the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Pay no attention to the Protestant heretics in this thread unless you want be damned for all eternity. No, Cletus, you can't pick up a 2000 year-old document and properly understand it without some context and instruction.

Go orthodox, pablo!

What I mean by venerate St. Paddy's is that the Irish make a big deal out of it, while other Catholics just say "oh, it's St. Patrick's." Other Catholics don't really pay much attention to saints that are not "local".

You don't see Mexicans making a big deal out of St. Paddy's when they have their own local saints that they're proud of. That's how "localization" works.

>So, who should I listen to in order to be a good Catholic? what should I read?
It's all in the Canon Law.
vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_INDEX.HTM

>circumcision for instance
Christians aren't Jews. Christians are circumcised in the heart, not the cock.

>what parts of the bible should I totally ignore? should I pay attention to it at all?
You don't even need to read the Bible to be a Christian, but it's a very, very good thing to do. Jesus came to give us a Church, not a book. Just remember that tens of thousands of much smarter Christians than you have already read the Bible and debated it for thousands of years and decided on issues as a community, and that's primarily how they worked out the Canon Law.

Do I get an Slavic wife if I do?

That wasn't the issue I had with what you said, though. My problem was that you claimed St. Patrick, for example, "may not be venerated by other Catholics". That's wrong.

Hi, would you consider yourself a true believer of the faith? Have you stayed true to your oath of celibacy?

I'll bite. Tell me about the Pope, how we should see him? As a sort of current-year Jesus or something? A very important figure that we should follow? Or we shouldn't even listen to him a lot?

>You don't even need to read the Bible to be a Christian, but it's a very, very good thing to do. Jesus came to give us a Church, not a book. Just remember that tens of thousands of much smarter Christians than you have already read the Bible and debated it for thousands of years and decided on issues as a community, and that's primarily how they worked out the Canon Law.

The jews 2000 years ago probably said the same thing

well not just that. if you examine the cultural "why" behind a lot of the laws, you can deduce the nature of morality from them.

you practically have to be a moral philosopher or theologian to get that though, and most of them are useless to take literally. thats why it's good to not throw newfags into the OT.

>Catholics have a tradition of not following the bible, they even kept it in Latin until the 1960's. The whole point was so that your average follower wouldn't know what it said and needed to receive a Priest's interpretation of it.
Anyone can learn Latin. But that's besides the point. The first English Bible, the Douay–Rheims Bible, was commissioned by the Catholic Church in 1582. The problem with every layperson thinking they know everything about the Bible and Church history is that it's a good way to split into 30,0000 denominations and counting, many with beliefs that push them outside of the Christian religion altogether. These 30,0000 denominations and whatever factions within each can't all be right about everything, can they? That's why the Catholics, Orthodox, and pretty much every Protestant denomination (even if they believe Scripture is the highest authority) have authoritative bodies of learned theologians that draw the line somewhere.

that's fair, and really the best advice to give
I just get triggered at the mention of the Old Testament, from all the times someone throws quotes from it at me

The funny thing is, I was a Catholic growing up, I then grew disillusioned with the whole thing, stopped going to church, and basically became agnostic. After quite a few years of that, bouncing from place to place. Working many dead end jobs, I had a very personal experience while alone hiking one day, that told me "this is what you must do" maybe I'm crazy, and just hear voices. But my faith tells me otherwise, and said experience was powerful enough to convince me totally. Not all priests went to seminary at a young age and just aspired to be priests from childhood. A good number of us lived in the real world for many years, went to college, had lots of fun, did drugs, had sex, all the regular stuff, and only decided to become priests later in life. We're not all "out of touch" with normal people. I've kept the oaths since taking them.

The Catholic Church is also the biggest charitable organization in the world.

Pedophiles are actually statistically underrepresented among the Catholic clergy. When you have 100,000 priests, some of them are bound to be sickos, though. It's inevitable. A kid is more likely to be raped by a public school teacher than a Catholic priest, though. All that doesn't excuse how some Bishops tried to save face for the Church by covering up sex abuse instead of dealing with it properly, which is the real problem, but that's how things were handled in pretty much any organization before the 1980s.

? i

I just met with the vocations director today. I've certainly been called: any advice, tips for the process (rcav) and seminary?

I went through it and completely ignored everything and skipped half the classes because I already knew I wanted to be Catholic and what we believe. So yeah, now that you mention it that's probably pretty accurate.

What's a good alternative, though? Baltimore Catechism?

>what should I read?

The Catechism is the only answer. All these other retards have no idea what they are talking about

Catechism of the Catholic Church

The pope himself, as a man, a human, is just like the rest of us. He's a guy who can sometimes make mistakes. The office of the pope, for lack of a better term, is what carries the respect. In the belief that there has been an unbroken line of succession from original pope, St Peter, "appointed" by Jesus himself. The pope isn't to be worshiped, or treated like God or Jesus on earth, he's meant to be Jesus representative on earth. He's a teacher. As all of us are supposed to be. Priests are teachers. We're not "above" you, or better than you. We are those who have heard a specific calling to spread the word, so to say. Regular priests are like, your standard school teacher. Bishops are kinda like the principals of the individual schools. The pope is the superintendent. He's technically still a bishop, the cardinals are all bishops, it's not a higher rank. Cardinals are just Bishop-managers basically. The pope is the boss boss. The pope is a way to have a sort of central authority, to have some sort of order in a system that's so widespread and deals with so many people on a daily basis. Papal. Infallibility doesn't apply to his everyday life, only when he's making official pronouncements on doctrine.

Long story short. The pope should be respected, but never worshiped. He's a servant of God as we all are. Those in the church follow his teachings because it's how the system works. Many of us may privately disagree with him on a number of subjects, but due to him being "the boss" we have to just deal with it basically. It creates a lot of stress for a lot of priests, especially when you have a pope who wants to make big changes in the way things have been done for years. Jesus is Jesus. The Jesus of the past, is the same as the current day Jesus. Jesus is timeless. Jesus always was, and always will be.

Finding an orthodox spiritual director and making use of Catholic literature as much as possible. I'm a through-and-through Thomist so the Summa is usually what I refer to on theological matters. The BC is excellent but I would recommend St. Robert Bellarmine's long Catechism as an alternative. Catholics should be referring to the DR, preferably with Rev. Haydock's notes and commentary. Another excellent resource is offered by the Catholic Archive, which has over 300 pre-VII documents on every topic under the sun for $30.

I would also suggest joining a forum. There's one in particular I like but I don't want to advertise it here, but there are a few decent ones. It's useful because it keeps you on point. I've found that we all tend to pick up elements of heterodoxy and heteropraxy inadvertently and without our knowledge; the product of the diabolical disorientation we were warned about. Being part of an online traditionalist Catholic community, in my experience, helps us strip these elements from ourselves through the corrections and admonitions of our peers.

There isn't really anything specific I could say tip wise, other than just be yourself. Try to avoid getting involved in the political side of things. You have the same issues on occasion as you do in the regular world. You'll have guys who want to for lack of a better term, "Brown nose" to get ahead, choice assignments, etc. Those guys are the ones who end up leaving the priesthood, and are best avoided. Always remember that your main duty, is to help people. To help people understand, to help people with their faith, to help people get through the hard times. To help people be more like Christ, and as close to Christ as one can while living the life that was provided for them. I've met too many jaded priests who go through the motions and stopped caring years ago. Otherwise, my best recommendation is to look into religious orders. I'm a Carmelite, and find that the brotherhood provided by being part of such a group is extremely helpful at times. It's like having a group of good friends, within the larger group, who can help you out during tough times. The brotherhood provided by being in such a group, and knowing there are those who have your back, can make all the difference.

>online traditionalist Catholic community

where

Thanks for anyone that have answered so far, I did expect any answer or substance at all because, you know, this is fucking Sup Forums

Let me get this straight. The Catechism of the Catholic Church is more reliable than the Bible? I've been in Catholic schools most of my life and I have went to masses and I don't remember any mentions of the Catechism, they always said that we should pray and read the Bible, probably I wasn't paying attention

The 10 commandments are basically a constitution
The stories in the bible are the equals of civil/criminal/administrative/tributary proto laws.

They are literal jurisprudence

Cherchez pour une forum qui s'appelle Suscipe Domine. Je ne veux pas publier le forum ici, par consequant j'ecris en francais.

sympa.

>The Catechism of the Catholic Church is more reliable than the Bible? I
The CCC explains why we do and believe the things we do and believe. It's not "more reliable" than Sacred Scripture, it's merely a quick reference for Catholics who have questions about things. When you ask "Why do we have to fulfill our Sunday obligation?" or some similar question, the CCC provides the answer and references Holy Writ as the basis for this answer.

lel, I appreciate it too

>Idolatry of saints and Jesus' mother which still continue strongly to this day

>God's infallible representative on Earth kisses refugees' feet, literally, and claims that Jesus was a Communist

Pure heresy with a cuck antichrist as its leader to boot

Fuck Catholics

You should kill yourself because Christian Identity is the ultimate Truth.

Orthodox is the way to go

Catholics are still cool though. Better than protestants.

The first thing you should understand is that Catholicism is not Christianity. It is Greco-Roman paganism tainted by Elagabalus-worship; the Christianity is just a veneer.

Don't read the Bible, or anything for that matter. Go talk to a Catholic priest, accept his word unquestioningly, and let him molest your kids.

There are 2 grand delusions in the world today as a test from god where you need to break out from.

1. There is no god
2. God is at my side

This can only be done by understanding god and his son by reading the bible . You only need the new testament to understand his son , the old testament for the father , but if you understand the son you understand the father a bit.

The first thing you should understand is that Catholicism is not Christianity. It is Greco-Roman paganism tainted by Elagabalus-worship; the Christianity is just a veneer.

Don't read the Bible, or anything for that matter. Go talk to a Catholic priest, accept his word unquestioningly, and let him molest your kids.

There is no scriptural backing for trinity doctrine.

Honestly, the reason I left the faith originally, was because of a priest who didn't seem to care. When I was a kid going to church, he was just this stodgy, unapproachable guy. Seemed cranky all the time. So many young people leave the church because of priests like that. Because they make the religion seem like a burden. Something you're going to get yelled at for. People, due to human nature, tend to avoid situations like that. People on the other hand, really like "the cool priest." be memorable. I have a concealed carry permit, and regularly carry a 1911. Hell of a conversation starter. I play Xbox regularly. I shit talk on there with the best of them. Some of the stodgy crew, may look down upon this. But it does allow me to reach people with the message of Jesus, that none of them would ever have a chance at so much as having a conversation with. You don't have to be perfect. Jesus is perfect enough for all of us. I'm not saying set a bad example. You wouldn't want to be swearing loudly and acting a fool. But you're very much allowed to be a human, and have some fun. I like to think of Saint Pope John Paul 2 as a good example. One of the holiest men to ever live. But man, he could throw down with the best of them. He swore like a dock worker in private, according to my great aunt who was a nun who worked at the Vatican during his papacy. She always said, God , being all powerful, omnipresent, and omnipotent, has to have one hell of a sense of humor.

There is no scriptural backing for trinity doctrine.

>The first thing you should understand is that Catholicism is not Christianity.

So why has it produced so many saints and martyrs who lived holy lives, worked miracles, etc.?

And when did God give you the authority to declare who is Christian and who isn't?

Remember that you're going to have to answer to God concerning everything that you've spoken. You should be careful, unless you unknowingly describe Christ's Church and all His saints and martyrs as "not Christian".

Mexicans should know the catechisms and know of the existence of the book. So do most Catholics. Stfu and go back.

>Go talk to a Catholic priest, accept his word unquestioningly, and let him molest your kids.

I really wonder if people believe this.

How long are you ordained a priest? And do you have any moral qualms about browsing the chan? Also, did you try to red pill the brothers in your convent? My community is ultra-liberal, not just within the doctrine of the Church but also the state politics.
I've been here on and off for about 6 years, I always keep coming back but I have moral doubts about it, considering I'll be ordained in 2 years.

Well Father, don't forget to mention that the most important part of your job is the administration of the sacraments, the very thing your hands were anointed for when you were ordained. You're a teacher, yes, but that's a product of your real job as a conduit of divine grace.

Hello Father! Glad you're here, and hope that you are well. I was brought up nominally Catholic, but was never particularly religious growing up. Today I consider myself largely a Stoic (i try to practice the cardinal virtues every day), though lately I've been moved by some of Flannery O'Connor's works to think that grace and love might be the most important things out there. I'd like to start attending services again, but besides that, any recommendations for how to pursue Catholicism in a larger or more meaningful fashion?

Do u want to be a good catholic or do you want to connect with the living God? If the latter you need to read the bible... Jesus said if u love him u will follow his teachings / instruction

Do you expect someone who has never studied English literature past primary school to be able to pick up, read, and fully comprehend a Joyce novel? Or could an English professor perhaps help?

If I read the Bible and come to the conclusion that Christ is the Son of God, and that I need to follow Him in order to save my soul, then it becomes very, very important for me to know exactly what Christ taught.

So I read the Bible and try to interpret it myself, and discover that other people have interpreted certain passages differently from myself. So I ask myself: which one is the true interpretation: my interpretation, or this man's, or this other man's, or this other man's?

Then it occurs to me that there must be some man who has the power to teach and interpret the scriptures, and reveal what Christ has truly taught, so that I can save my soul. Because surely Christ would not abandon us without a teacher to interpret scripture for us, else I would not know how to save my soul. Clearly I am not that teacher, because I've only just become a Christian and my teaching contradicts so many other's.

So I ask myself: which of the Christian churches has the greatest claim to be able to teach with authority what the correct interpretation of scripture is? Well, all of the Protestant churches are AT MOST 500 years old, and they all contradicted one and other as soon as they appeared. So I immediately dismiss Protestantism as having any kind of authority above the fallible opinions of men. The I look to the Catholic Church, which claims to have an apostolic succession going back to St. Peter, which claims to have an infallible teaching authority to teach was has been revealed by God, which has condemned heresies and survived the rebellions of heretics for twenty centuries, which has countless great saints, martyrs, and theologians.

It's so obvious that the Catholic Church is the authority Christ gave us to teach and confirm us in the faith, I struggle to understand why so many reject it.

Any parallels in the CCC with alchemy that you're aware of?

What is the meaning of incarnation? I can't help but feel that it's related to reincarnation (for obvious reasons) but most online answers I find relate to the existence of Jesus on earth.

Find one, ONE contradiction.

Find an S.S.P.X. church, attend regularly, and listen to the priest. That's how you can be a good Catholic and a good Christian.

I've been a priest now, 8 years. I don't have any moral qualms about being on here, because I know me. I know that I can control myself, and not do anything particularly stupid. Hey Jesus spent a lot of time amongst the undesirables, the untouchables of the society of his time. I know a surprising amount of younger priests who are on here frequently. They act just like any other person, and you'd never know one unless he specifically told you he was. Im obviously not going to be browsing Sup Forums on my phone during "work hours" but like I said, it's important to be you. No need to completely change into a different person once ordained. Just never browse Sup Forums In the presence of a nun.. (Sorry, bad priest joke) also, yes the red pill is easy amongst carmelites that I've known. Most of them are already. And most of the Croatian priests I've met are usually quite "right wing".. You must be from Zagreb?

Traditionalist schismatics are still schismatics.

>What is the meaning of incarnation?

The eternal Son of God took up the flesh so as to become one divine Person subsisting in two natures - a divine nature (omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent) and a human nature - hypostatically united. So Jesus Christ is both true God and true man. He has two intellects and two wills, which correspond to His two natures - He has a divine intellect and a divine will, and a human intellect and a human will. Despite having two minds and two wills, corresponding to two natures, these two natures (God and man) are so perfectly united as to form a single Person, which is the same divine Person which has existed eternally: God the Son, the only-begotten of God the Father.

Read the Athanasian Creed if you want a very exact formulation.

> I can't help but feel that it's related to reincarnation

Reincarnation is the passing of the soul from one body to another, after the first has died. It has nothing to do with the eternal God taking up flesh.

who built the pyramids

Read the Catholic Catechism.
The Catechism is online and listed here

Administration of sacraments IS the number one most important thing. It's the big thing as far as the difference between those who are ordained, and lay people. I'm sorry if I didn't make a point of mentioning that. Priest 101. But to me that isn't something I see as "work" but one of the most enjoyable parts of the life. Being able to share something so powerful, and meaningful with people is a great honor, and something that should NEVER be taken for granted.

listen to the pope Bv)

What brought you here, father?

Athanasian Creed:

After defining the true doctrine of the Holy Trinity, the Creed then states:

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Substance [Essence] of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Substance [Essence] of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood into God. One altogether; not by confusion of Substance [Essence]; but by unity of Person. For as the rational soul and the flesh makes one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sits on the right hand of the God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

The true nature of Christ was one of the great controversies in the early church, and the Catholic Church had to condemn many heresies. Some said that Christ was only a man and not God, others said that Christ was only God and not a man. Some said that the Divine and human natures were blended together to form a single nature, as opposed to the Catholic faith which teaches that they are two natures subsisting in one hypostatic union.

Hey Rabbi, whatcha doin' ?

Find a Latin rite church (I recommend S.S.P.X.), attend regularly, and listen to the priest. That's how you can be a good Catholic and a good Christian.

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond to everyones questions, but there's a lot going on here this week. Attending services is always a good idea. But find a parish you enjoy. You don't have to go to the closest one, find one where the parish priest is someone who will make showing up every week something you want to do, not something you have to do. Find one where the fellow parishioners are people who you'd hang out with outside of church. It makes it far more likely you'll keep up with attending. Love is number one. Everything Jesus did, he did out of love. As Paul said. "So faith, hope, love abide these three, but the greatest of these is love" everything good comes from a place of love.

As far as pursuing catholicism in a more meaningful way. Try to find something that not only helps people, but that you also enjoy doing. You don't have to necessarily volunteer at a soup kitchen if that's not your thing. Any activity in which you can do good for others, is good.

>So, the bible is just a meme? Here in Mexico people follow a lot of Saints and Virgins, are they right or are they being heretic?
They are right. We don't believe saints are gods of course (as ignorant and jewy protestants try to make newbs believe to turn them away from the true faith), but as they went to paradise to stand directly beside god we believe they can intercede for us (that is, receive our prayers and ask God in our stead). Saints have no power by themselves.

>Also, how important or relevant is the Pope?
The Pope is the big cheese, but most often decisions are taken in concertation between all the bishops.

>rules of Catholicism
in a perfect world, the bible.

Your mileage may very.

>muh sola scriptura

kys

Why catholic priests molest more children than any other religious group on the planet?

Why there are texts found such as:
>"While the priest thrusts his thyrsus between boyish buttocks, All is accomplished; come Holy Dove

Why is defiling "innocence" of anal virginity of young buys considered a holy act by some priests?

This is very common in Catholicism or anyone who has studied history of catholic priests. Not even joking

You sound like a Jesuit. You speak of sacred things in secular terms.

It's part of the whole, I wasn't always a priest thing. I've been coming to Sup Forums since the earliest days, started off, a much as I hate to admit it, frequenting Sup Forums back when I was sort of an asshole. Found Sup Forums because if we're being completely honest, my political beliefs are what they are, and scary as it may be, this is the place with the most like minded people. Especially In as morally bankrupt of a society as we live in these days. It's also nice to not be "on" all the time. If I have something to get out of my system that I could never say amongst lay people in my official capacity, I can say it here and keep anything negative away from my "work". anonymous message boards are quite handy in that way. Again, just don't tell the nuns. Plus, I secretly really enjoy the deus vult memes.

You need to be Catholic to be saved

The earliest recorded evidence of the use of the term "Catholic Church" is the Letter to the Smyrnaeans that Ignatius of Antioch wrote in about 107 to Christians in Smyrna. Exhorting Christians to remain closely united with their bishop, he wrote: "Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."

Pope St. Pius X - The Errors of the Modernists, July 3, 1907:
22#: "The dogmas which the Church professes as revealed are not truths fallen
from heaven, but they are a kind of interpretation of religious facts, which the
human mind by a laborious effort prepared for itself." ‐CONDEMNED

, That's also part of the whole "wasn't always a priest" thing.. Ive worked on tugboats, I was a nightclub bouncer for a few years. I've worked as a fireman/Paramedic as well. Ive done a lot of different things, and spent time amongst a lot of very different groups of people over the course of my life. I talk differently on here, than I would in church for example. Here I can talk like I'm just a regular guy, because when I'm here, I am. It's an opportunity to not be "on" all the time. I also am conscious of not sounding condescending, or "preachy" when having a conversation here.

You need to buy what's called a "Cathechism": it's a pamphlet to book sized document which summarizes what Catholic Church dogma is and why it is that way.

But that is why people are leaving the church. You are not supposed to be one of us. We don't want you to be one of us. You are a man of the cloth. The Church is not a social organization who doesn't date. It is Holy.

The Pope on twitter, guitars in Mass, Priests saying "It's all good bro." This is why we are leaving the Church. Because it isn't a Church anymore, it's just another thing. And it is not supposed to be just another thing. If it's just another thing, why should we give a shit?

P.S. I am having problems posting on Sup Forums, you might get double responses.

Not the Jews. Haven't you ever watched Stargate? It was clearly aliens who used their advanced technologies to pose as Gods to the primitive people of earth in the past. (not my official position)

>stressed not to take it literally
There's a reason why they wanted you to use a priests interpretation instead of your own. The bible is filled with tons of good advice on how life works and how you can live yours well, but it's real easy to misunderstand what the meanings of a lot of the stories are.

>2 Samuel 6
>The Jews and Crew are taking the Arc of the Covenant back to Jerusalem
>The Arc is something that if you touch, God will strike you the fuck down, and everyone on board knows it
>The Cart they are carrying it on hits a bump in the road and it starts to fall off
>One of the Jews reaches out to stop it from falling
>Instantly gets rekt by god

Why?

The guy had nothing but good intentions, he was trying to save the Arc! Is god just a massive prick who kills people indiscriminately?
>Yeah he kind of is, since he's basically the embodiment of nature and all of processes

The point here is that there are some things in this world that you mess with at your own peril, no matter how good your intentions are, and that you can't expect those intentions to save you when whatever it is you're messing with comes back to fuck you up. It's just like how that nigger Timothy Treadwell went out into the Alaskan wilderness to befriend bears because he thought that they were "misunderstood", and then got eaten by a bear.

Not everyone is going to be able to glean that from what they read.

What you say is based in your own personal opinion not based on the teaching of Early Fathers; thus the teaching of the Catholic Church

The best Catechism I've read was by some Dominicans in Australia. The Vatican's cathechism is very dense and unreadable to someone with relatively little prior knowledge. It is better to get one written by Catholics who are involved with apologetics like the 'Catholic Answers' group.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ODjj5xJUOg

amazon.com/Essential-Catholic-Survival-Guide/dp/1888992816/

Oh, I'd never use the word bro. I do take it very seriously. I'm not advocating being "father bro" all the time. But it is good to know who needs what sort of approach, and "adjust" based on the best way to get the message across. I don't talk like I do here, anywhere but here.