Trump and Putin

To Russkiys on Sup Forums, as an American I have a question:

Historically our nations have had some serious conflicts and a lot of ill wind has blown between us.

Is Trump's election possibly a start for you to us mending fences and possibly learning to get along? Maybe even, dare I say, as good or perhaps even better than we get along with most of the EU?

I feel like both Putin and Trump are reaching out to one another and that they share a strong mutual respect.

I understand that we Americans have done you raw at times in history; and the reverse is certainly very true.

But with this new election, is there ANY chance in your views that we can come to be friends and put the past behind us? Or is this unrealistic?

I will be completely honest; Many Americans I know are anti-russia. Especially Hillary's drones. Even I myself am skeptical of a possible friendship with Russia if only because of our histories and because I understand that there is great anger between us.

But for the first time in my life I personally feel as if I can forgive Russia for all of our past conflicts if I can find Russians who are willing to do the same. And perhaps this is a beginning, maybe, to a new relationship with Russia that might be able to benefit us both greatly considering the prominence of our great and powerful empires in the world.

What do other Americans and Russians think? Euros and the like are welcome to comment too. I'm not looking to suck dick or kiss ass here; I'm just genuinely curious about what Trump's presidency might mean for the balance of power in world politics moving forward.

The Kremlin is quite active today. Fuck off Russian fags.

>t. not a millenial

Bump. I won't bump too often if no one wants to answer but I do think that dialogue between the USA and Russia and other nations can begin with the internet, when you consider that a lot of the new Right movements around the world also basically began with shared communication, interests, and understanding.

I'm not a Russian, senpai. -3-

I just actually enjoy coming to Sup Forums sometimes to find out what new paths the world might take.

I happen to believe that Trump's election and Putin's newfound willingness to reopen dialogue with the USA open new paths for us in the world.

And if I can find out what some Russians think about this, and share my own views on it, then maybe we can start to gauge how a new relationship between the USA and Russia might play out.

Puitin should just kill Trump with his bare hands in their first meeting. It will make Trump's supporters to cum their undies and turn into Putin Missiles that would fight for Mother Russia.

>is there ANY chance in your views that we can come to be friends and put the past behind us?
Our govt, media very glad to see Trump in presidential chair. Our "Duma" parliament applause when Trump been elected.
"Vatniks" (Patriots who praises Putin and gov in any situation) also wanted Trump as US president cuz he talks about good relationships.
I think so, russians wants to be friends with USA.

Trump will improve relations with Russia. I have worked in machine shops and factories, with lots of Russians, and they were all good guys. There is no way in hell that whites should be having wars with other whites. We need to unite against the flood of shitskins threatening the planet.

you can't even bump your own thread; newfriend.

You just don't want to have to build the wall, right?

I'm glad to hear this. I would like to hear from more of our Slavic Sup Forumslacks here if that's ok. I'm glad to hear you are open to new relations.

We have been at each others' throats for so long it seems as if we only do it now out of tradition.

We have bad history together but I see no reason RIGHT NOW in the world we should continue to be at odds.

Globalists like Obama and Hillary want to punish Russia for having traditional values; but they let Saudi Arabia (far more strict and traditional) go for free because they are Muslim and because they want to make deals for campaign money and oil.

Trump wants to take their oil instead of paying for it.

I am hoping that maybe Russia and the USA can make a deal to share the Arctic Oil AND the Middle East's oil by defeating ISIS together, and both of our nations can prosper more from this alliance.

Trump is a nationalist so he will not interfere with Russia's National and Traditional values, I believe. I hope I am right.

Leaf here that got drunk with russians on numerous occasions while visiting Cuba. Americans and Russians are so much alike... you guys would make the best friends ever

I hope this is true. I have also met many Russians and most of them are cautiously optimistic about new friendships especially since Trump is elected. But both of our countries still have older populations who remember the cold war very clearly and it may take time to heal.

Derp. To be honest I've been on Sup Forums since 2006 but I hardly ever make threads...

I feel silly for not realizing I can't bump my own thread. But the site rules and functions have changed many times since I was here. Was it once possible to bump your own thread? or am I just crazy?!

Maybe not friends, but good rivals. Not a dirty ones.
In a last couple years on tv was the same song - everything is bad because of US. Before that - in Clinton era we was kinda friendly. Overall people against current US goverment, not people. Let's see how this change in early 2017, curious myself.

I still want to stay friends with you too, leaf. You guys are the best hat ever, seriously.

IF YOU KILL YOUR ENEMIES THEY WIN man is a bit silly but...lets face it, we elected Obama twice. The western world is in an ideological war right now.

For the first time in over a decade we have the initiative, and have to make our move.

But no one ever said this would be easy or that our deeply abused nations wouldn't falter along the way due to malevolent influences.

Good rivals is a great start. I like to imagine mutual respect.

I like to imagine making deals, but not trusting too fast.

If Trump trusted Putin with EVERYTHING I would be afraid. I am sure if Putin trusted Trump with EVERYTHING you would also be afraid.

Trust must be earned, especially after such a long period of conflict. But it can at least begin possibly with an agreement to trust and respect one another, and perhaps with agreements to make deals that will make both of our nations richer.

To prove my point, in the American movie "Patton", General Patton once drank with a Russian General.

The two respected each other but did not trust one another. So they locked arms and each one drank from the other's glass in case one had tried to poison the other.

I think that this sort of rivalry would be a healthy start between Russia and the USA.

I'm quite active internationally in terms of contacts and travel and I believe that generally all people are basically the same everywhere.

There are two stereotypes about Americans in Russia. A positive manly cowboy type and negative liberal SJW homo-pedofreak. Trump's victory is seen as a victory of positive Americans.

Generally speaking, sympathies are secondary to natural tendencies, and there are indeed tendencies for America and Russia to exist in friendly neutrality

>If Trump trusted Putin with EVERYTHING I would be afraid. I am sure if Putin trusted Trump with EVERYTHING you would also be afraid.

Absolutely agree. And noticeable changes may take years, it's hard to change mindset of people when for decades they was told the opposite.

I'd really like a sort of friendship with America, but I'm afraid this is not going to happen, both due to objective conflicts of interest (in the Middle East for instance, and I'm talking about Iran more than Syria) and due to resistance of the anti-Russian wing of American establishment that Trump will either be unable/unwilling to overcome.

But anyway, any normalization of our relations would be nice, and I wholeheartedly support it.

You have to understand that no Russian or American would hate the opposite country without any specific propaganda.
Our views sometimes differ, true. But that does not mean we have to hate each other. I, personally, don't hate Americans.

But only when both governments drop the ridiculous propaganda about each other, friendship can be built. And I am talking not only about news or analytical programs. I cannot even imagine how many people in the U.S., including politicians, actually believe that Russia is the essence of evil (because that's what in the movies, right?). Or how many people in our government think that capitalism is filthy and leads to degradation and America is a bunch of fat fucks with personal machine guns.

If it weren't for governments, this hatred would not even exist. So I believe this can be remedied, but can Trump do it? I think it's possible.

>I would like to hear from more of our Slavic Sup Forumslacks here if that's ok.
Polish people have been pretty scared of Russia recently, so any move from USA - who are considered our good allies - to bond with Russia is in my opinion good for stability of Europe. Poland would definitively benefit from US-Russian good relations, and despite some anti-Russian moods in our country, we'd be happy not to have threat from east.

>Polish people have been pretty scared of Russia
more listen u MoD

Your English typing is excellent.
I can't speak any Russian, except just a few words.

I agree that people are mostly the same. We have stereotypes for Russians too of course.

There is the jovial Russian who does not care about anything but enjoying life, and then there is the stern Russian who is manly and worthy of rivaling the USA. We even had an episode of a show called "deadliest warrior" in the USA where the Russian Spetznaz was found to be deadlier than the American Green Beret.

There are stupid Americans who follow Hillary and believe that we could crush Russia in a war but us "cowboy" Americans and patriots are not so stupid because we understand the mutual respect of the warrior.

My greatest fear of Hillary being elected was that she might start war with Russia and that I would be drafted to fight for her and she would send me on a stupid suicidal mission where I would die because she believed that 1 American soldier could defeat 10 Russians or something stupid like that. War with Russia would mean so much death for both of us and end in senseless stalemate. And for what? So that ISIS can take over Syria and form an even bigger terrorist state? So stupid and blind.

...and then there is the third type of Russian stereotype-Pussy Riot.

And the SJW Americans love them. Because they are violent and "equality oriented protestors" who fight against "evil Putin'a tyranny."

The more I learn of them the more I cannot stand them...

Putin knows Trump is an amateur and has no ideas, plans, whatsoever. It' ll be an easy game for him.

Putin will fuck Trump up pretty good.

americans have bombed belgrade. ever since then, a war with them is a matter of when, not if. no amount of larping, pandering or cosying up would reverse that simple fact

The amount of "country_name is afraid of Russia" is so ridiculous nowadays, it makes me laugh every time. Each country around us literally is losing it's shit because RUSSIA.

We don't need Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Sweden or any other fucking country for that matter. We have enough land, sea ports and resources and we don't need a meaningless war. If you think Putin is some kind of evil emperor - you're wrong and mass-media got you.

>country_name is afraid of Russia
Maybe he was talking about the government.

Our media still has propaganda against Russians, it's true. We have a show called "House of Cards" (it is based on a U.K. show with the same title) where a democrat president of the USA tries to force an alliance with a Russian President named "Viktor Petrov" (he is obviously supposed to be Putin and looks a bit like Putin).

In the show they have an episode where "Petrov" (Putin) visits the White House and he kisses the US President's wife in front of him. Then Pussy Riot shows up (they were actually guests on the show) and insults Petrov and Petrov has a tantrum like a child and leaves without making any deal just because Pussy Riot insulted him.

Then in a later episode Petrov has a gay man arrested for peacefully protesting, and the US President's wife goes to Russia to try to have him set free. Petrov will not agree to free him so the gay man kills himself and then the Democrat US President's wife insults Petrov on live Russian television so he has another tantrum and won't sign another treaty.

All of our media and shows are full of such stupid things but Americans are starting to get smarter and wake up because of the Internet.

So I am hoping there is a chance.

The Internet helped us elect Trump even though all of our celebrities hated Trump, so I am hoping Americans are starting to wise up and realize that we can't believe anything we see in stupid fantasy programs.

I agree with the "mass media got you" thing. But even so the fear is real even if there is no reason. So I think the Polish user is right that Poland and the USA may have our eyes opened to new possibilities if USA and Russia become closer.

Petrov was the dopest thing about season 3, but other than him, it sucked.

Don't even get me started on those PussyRiot bitches. They've just ruined the opposition for the sake of their own PR. Government got a chance to tell everyone "look, this is the face of the Western civilization, this is progressive", and the majority of people in this country actually believed this.

Basically the situation between our countries was much better 10-15 years earlier. I doubt there was any fear of Russian invasion in EU in the year 2002 for instance.

I really hope our governments could solve the controversies and restore normal relationships.

I am not surprised by this response. As I said from the beginning we both have had strained relations in the past and I'm sure many on both sides are not ready for any respect. I have a friend who still says he believes you are all out to take over the entire world.

But that being said, both of us have caused death and suffering for the other in the past.

I am hoping that maybe we can forgive each other, very slowly and carefully, and unite against common enemies who are much worse than each of us should be to one another. The world is changing fast and the interests and fears of yesterday are not the interests and fears of today.

I respect Russians who died in battle with the USA or as result of USA's past actions. If you can respect Americans who have died because of Russia in the past, and if we can agree to never forget our dead but honor them equally as warriors who wanted to provide for their homelands, then maybe this can be the beginning of an alliance.

If not then that is OK. My grandfather still hates Japan because of Pearl Harbor. Some people can never let go of suffering and death and that is ok.

But we have so many new opportunities for our children and neither of us wants to leave them in a world where ISIS and the Muslims are a serious threat, so perhaps the time has come to finally put aside our differences. Slowly and carefully.

Trump is not the buffoon he appears to sell himself as. He is shrewd and he will be surrounded by shrewd tacticians. It's true he may have to adapt to foreign policy, but he learns very quickly and negotiates from a point of advantage.

As he is an EX-KGB hero, I do not underestimate Putin's genius or skill set. Neither will Trump.

But as long as neither side gets any ambitions of destroying or crippling the other, I would think a man as shrewd as Putin would choose peaceful dealmaking (1/2)

and an alliance against radical Islam over a war against the USA and NATO that would cause a massive death toll on both sides. That's just my opinion.

I prepare for the worst but hope for the best. So does Trump. So does Putin.

So while I'm prepared for the possibility that relations with Russia might remain as strained as ever, I am cautiously hoping for the best, that perhaps rather than strained relations we can enjoy cautious support of one another in endeavors of mutual benefit.

I wanted to see a lot more of Petrov.

It's sad but I agree he was the only fun part of season 3, and the scenes where he was portrayed as petulant made me cringe. They did portray him as a shrewd leader at times but then at other times they portrayed him as paranoid and irrational.

The show was best when it was about Underwood's rise to power rather than what he did when he had it.

I watched the show with my father sometimes and when he got to the episodes with Russia, even he said "the President's wife in this show is an idiot. She threw away an important treaty just because another man decided to kill himself."

Pussy Riot is portrayed as so bold and brave in that show but all I've ever seen them do is piss on Christian icons, play shitty music, and try to act tough at the Olympics until they got pepper sprayed by Cossacks, at which point they bitched out.

oh i'm all for forgiveness. but i'm also strong advocate of getting even and putting assholes in their place. so when your city will be burning in ruins and the people you loved will be agonizing in their last breath - then we can probably talk forgiveness

If the alliance or friendship between US and Russia work, the anger will go away on its own.

Ofcourse we can be friends. We don't want war.
You've been brainwashed for decades - "Oh, those evil Russians, Russia invades this... Russia annex that..., threat №1, and so on, and on. That's why your taxes will be spent on military needs. Nope, the milirary money are no so easy to steal! Yeah, this rockets and jets cost that much! What? Restore economy and make more employments? There is no time for that. We will just print some more money, will print in debt, that you will pay. You have to... Because, Russia is willing to destroy your freedom, that is all what they care about."

Does it look like we give a single fuck about your freedom?

It would be so great to get along. We must cooperate to create starships. We must explore the universe, fight whith aliens and shit, jerk off at zero gravity.That would be so fucking awesome. And i want to be a space pirate so bad...

Friendship is possible only if the US will reconsider their position in politics, will stop trying to control and subjugate the entire world. Is it real? I think not. US can change their opinion only after a strong shock, it may be a war, civil war, global natural disaster.

I'm not a pussy. I realize I'm being very optimistic in this thread and peace-mongering, but I'm no pushover.

I understand your perpetual anger and I respect it.

But there are US Americans who share the same feelings as you here in my country towards Russia.

I'm glad to listen to your feelings and anger; it binds our two nations' histories and makes us richer.

I have nothing else to say. I have no apologies for Russia, and I respect that you have no apologies for us.

I'm not /asking/ or /begging/ for forgiveness.

I'm just hoping that forgiveness simply comes in time, with mutual respect and no words spoken, and honor for the dead.

I'm not Obama. I don't apologize for my country like a pussy.

I would be disappointed in you if you apologized for your country.

But life would be much more fun I think if we could at least sit across from each other, even if we hate each other, and just look each other in the eyes and enjoy a drink together in silence, rather than stab at each other's throats.

I often find some of the people I enjoy most in my life are some of the people I hate the most.

Sometimes they can be much more interesting and entertaining than friends.

I'm down for all of that. Hahaha...

Out of curiosity, would you feel safe with the USA maintaining a massive military as long as we stopped doing things like forcing sanctions and fucking up the Middle East?

Or would you expect us to demilitarize before you could accept us?

The former is somewhat possible. The latter is extremely unlikely.

Wew, that's some serious paranoia. Our soldiers drunk with americans with no problems. Our veterans say americans were nice friendly people, but when veterans that saw real action got switched with new troops in late 40s things got cold.

Soz mate but in zero gravity your blood pressure is too low to get it up

As a person, I have no bad feelings to ordinary Americans and never had.

Sincerely speaking, I do hate Obama, Clinton and several other of your politicians personally, but that hate doesn't affect the average Joe.

Country-wise, we are just two big countries and as such are bound to rival in certain aspects.

I am for controlled rivalry with no discrimination and irrational hate, with cooperation where possible, because that's the best we can offer, given the political masses our countries possess.

Yeah as you may have noticed almost all of the "Battlefield" and "Call of Duty" video games set in modern day have Russians fighting Americans...

Which to be fair, no other nation could really offer a comparable challenge...
And this is the same Gaming industry that got offended at how women are sexualized.
So shooting Russian men is ok...but having a woman in sexy clothes is not ok. I think you can see why Americans are finally starting to wake up to these silly propaganda messages.

It's all just the same scare tactic shit the democrats keep using to get re-elected.

Hillary kept going on and on "Russia wants Trump to win so it must be bad!"

>sanctions
this shit is anyway not working as you want, it slows down but does not stop.
>fucking up the Middle East
continue to destroy other nations for their own benefit? Well, do it, but sooner or later you will feel your attacks on yourself. Evromorons already feel.

Well can I ask what you would consider a realistic move that could lower hostility without compromising the safety and security of either of our countries? Or do you have no opinion?

1. I'll be spining around
the longitudinal axis of my body.
2. I've got hypertension.

>realistic move
>war, civil war, global natural disaster.
refer to the well-known prophecies about our countries, it makes you think in fact, although I am not inclined to mysticism.

I think that's impossible because of just one simple reason: the majority of people are fucking stupid.

It isn't even about USA or Russia.

Politicians need external threats, for they provide a good distraction, good decoy to make everyone look away from internal issues, to unify people.

USA needs Russia and China, because else people will feel less stimuli to be bound together around their government.

It works for lower social classes very great.

Same applies for Russia.
A typical man in his 40-50's here would be concerned with his lifetime savings, how economical issues affected him, but BOOM, he sees that an external threat endangers his existence and he suddenly doesn't think about inner issues all that much.

Abusing survival instincts of population via "external threat" is too good of a way to control and sway the opinions of population for profits. That's it.

Ok guys well, thanks to alll who participated. I just wanted to get a Sup Forums gauge on where Russians and people in general stand on this whole thing.

I appreciate the discussion, I'm off for now.

Take care.