I've been having libertarian thoughts since kindergarten days

I've been having libertarian thoughts since kindergarten days.
Why is the movement mocked so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

lewrockwell.com/1970/01/roy-a-childs-jr/objectivism-and-the-state-an-open-letter-to-ayn-rand/
change.org/p/donald-trump-pardon-julian-assange
youtu.be/8i3u6rAOoSI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is this Aleppo?

its mostly mocked because of the open boarders concept

libertarian nationalists are fine by me

>Why is the movement mocked
>Facebook cover photo literally "muh roads"

People who call themselves libertarians are often extremely against government interference and make up concepts of the self regulation of the free market that have been disproven by history time and time again.

Being for decentralized freedom but flocking together in the form of an ideology...

Because the idea that corporations, left to their own devices in a free market, will ever hold themselves to any ethical standard above making money is laughable.

If the price is right and the laws aren't in place, you can bet that people with the start-up cash will make an enterprise of ANYthing they can profit from- organ-harvesting, child rings, drugs, sweatshops, whatever. Unfettered greed is a terrifying thing, and rightly so.

the movement with the actual libertarians is great, the problem is i don't think any of them are in the Libertarian Party in the united states, where most libertarians reside.

even ron paul left the LP long before it was DUDE WEED LMAO, and he's stayed a conservative-ish libertarian despite changing parties. the party is a vehicle, it does not represent all of the ideas of the movement, and less so Austrian Economics which while a perfectly rational and somewhat well-established school in its own right, is something that not all libertarians actually understand.

actually you could say the same of the GOP. its just a vehicle. some conservatives are not served by it at all. some liberals are, like for instance half the PNAC members during the W administration.

i've been having libertarian thoughts about kindergardeners.

Most libertarians take it way too far. I actually worked cleaning carpets for this guys who literally believed we'd all be better off if the government didn't build roads. We drove around in his van from job to job. We were literally on the road when he said this. One of the dumbest things I've ever heard that he said in complete seriousness.

>libertarian = ancap
stop this meme.

The hard part about Libertarian is that the pure form believes in no social safety net.

Why is that a problem for many people? Many people of all races and religions receive some form of Government Money every month and would make a lot less money if they worked a job.

Those same people have politicians that pander to them, a mass media that panders to them and a right to vote.

This means they don't vote for anyone who says that the Government should not be paying for you to live on everyone else's dime.

Because in reality, the vast majority of people share a mindset diametrically opposed to libertarians.

In this world, the common mindset is
>I have a vision of the way the world should be, and I won't accept anything that gets in the way

A secondary, but relevant attitude preventing libertarianism is
>Sure, I'm moral and want to do what's right, but it's all those other people I'm worried about. They're dangerous and will do bad things unless someone stops them.

because who's going to build the fucking roads you mong.

Christ.

i made no such assertion, but since you've invited one...

>implying minarchists aren't just ladies-in-waiting
lewrockwell.com/1970/01/roy-a-childs-jr/objectivism-and-the-state-an-open-letter-to-ayn-rand/

Social welfare is glorified bribe.

>organ-harvesting
Selling your organs should be legal.
>child rings
Prostitution should be legal.
>drugs
All drugs should be legal.
>sweatshops
They can work somewhere else if they don't like it. Oh, what's that? They can't find a job anywhere else because they're fucking useless so we should give them welfare instead?

The idea of a libertarian government, by definition, doesn't make any sense

THIS IS IMPORTANT
change.org/p/donald-trump-pardon-julian-assange

FREE JULIAN, SIGN THE PETITION,
his freedom will set new standards for international politics, this is important to keep moving forward and making sure the clinton machine and its friends are buried.
this was only possible thanks to julian.
kek works through julian.
THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

>I don't know what roads are
You're fucking stupid and so is the libertarian party

The American Federal government spent 4,000,000,000,000 dollars last year.

Those sure are some fucking expensive roads.

youtu.be/8i3u6rAOoSI